ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 01:58 AM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 516/100%
Talking AUGUST Canvas Board Mail Art Trade 5x7

Deadline to sign up: August 7 we are closed to new sign ups this month. Catch us next month.
Mail out (try to mail by this date): August 22
Deadline: August 31
Open Theme
Open Medium on 5x7 canvas board

New-ish wording is in blue.

This is a quick turnaround paired partner swap! But, since this a monthly activity, you could plan ahead in your mind or even create some canvases up for the future to then chose from. Just a thought.

Rules, rules, everyone likes rules....Players have the 1st thru 7th of the month to come to the thread and say, "I'd like to play". If you participated in the previous month's canvas board trade, you will not be allowed to sign up for this months trade until you have mailed your canvas for the previous month. Once the partners list is posted, there is no withdrawing. In order to participate you must have no negative iTraders in the past 6 months, and no neutral iTrader in the past 3 months.

Partners will be posted on August 7th just after midnight (going into early AM the 8th my time). It’ll be your responsibility to PM your partner for their address. Theme will be up to the artist but I suggest looking at your partners profile to try to avoid themes they don't like.

Due Dates: Your canvas should be received by your assigned partner by August 31st.
I strongly suggest that you PM your partner, or post in this thread, the date that you mail your canvas. That way, any delay from that point on will be considered the fault of the postal service and will not be attributed to you. If something unexpected happens and you are unable to meet this deadline then you must communicate through private message to you partner, explain the delay and arrange a new postal deadline. If your partner does not receive your canvas by the last day of the month and you have not communicated to them your mail out date then you will receive a negative iTrader.

*When you receive your canvas please post a picture here in the thread so we all can admire it.* (this is very important ) But don't post a pic of your canvas until your partner receives it.

The canvas board: Your art must be created on a 5x7 Canvas Art Board. You can find these at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Dick Blick, etc. Coat your finished canvas with a clear protective coating designed for artwork to protect it during it's journey. I suggest more than one coat. I personally, for example, use several coats of Golden brand Polymer Varnish with UVLS (UltraViolet Light Stabilizers) or the comparable Liquitex brand.

Mailing: The canvases may be mailed out "Naked" or in an envelope. Some of the canvases have been getting scratched in the mail. Some like the thrill or the economy of mailing their canvas naked and they may still do so. Others who decide they would prefer to mail their canvas in an envelope may do so. That decision will be left to the players. If you are an international player or your partner is an international player it is advisable to send it in an envelope or box.

Postal Costs: In mailing these canvases within the U.S. I have always put $2.45 worth of postage on the envelope and dropped it in a mailbox. To my knowledge my canvases have all arrived successfully with no issues. From my interpretation of the postal rates buried in the info at the U.S. postal services website documents, $2.45 is the proper rate for the weight and shape of these canvases. Be aware that the cost for postage to mail one of these canvases from the U.S. to another country will be higher. Think in the range of $7 up to even $15 depending on the country and even the postal worker that waits on you.

Canvas received by the last day of the month = positive iTrader point.
If you do not receive your canvas by the last day of the month and you have not been notified by your partner of their mail out date or agreed to an alternate mail out date, please leave a negative iTrader point.

And remember, please, leave iTrader points ONLY for your trading partner, not for me the host.

Who's in:

1. OldsLady1992
2. debs913
3. TrinaLD
4. Fandanie
5. synjin
6. plumhill2001
7. KPinAK
8. Cindylou
9. vikinglady
10. starwarsgeek1
11. SunTrade
12. Hazartist1

People willing to do a second board (be assigned to two partners) in case of an odd number of participants:

OldsLady1992
KPinAK

The partner pairings:
(r)=canvas received by participant
(m)= participant has indicated in the thread that they have mailed their canvas For the sake of clarity and being mindful of the unexpected, I will only update you with an "m" if you say that you have mailed, but not when you say that you plan to mail (i.e. "I plan to mail tomorrow" etc)

OldsLady1992 (r) - Hazartist1 (r)
debs913 (r) - synjin (r)
KPinAK (r) - SunTrade (r)
Vikinglady (r) - Plumhill2001 (r)
Fandanie - CindyLou
TrinaLD (r) - starwarsgeek1 (m)

Last edited by nightowl_too; 09-04-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:24 AM
Buddy Loves Watahcolahs

My Mood:
OldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 284/100%
Sign me up please, and I will do an extra if needed.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:38 AM
Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1635/100%
I'm in. :-)
Old 08-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Head Puppacatchookie Wrangler at the Ranch

My Mood:
Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!Neener is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 2108/100%
I wanna, but I think I have to pass this month. I just started the Kindness Rocks Project for our town and have a bunch of meetings with businesses and folks trying to help with that. I'm already in over my head.

If you give me your best you will get mine. If not...well, just remember what goes around, comes around.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:38 AM
ATC Guru

TrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 339/100%
I am in for this month.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:39 AM
ATC Virtuoso

Fandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 540/100%
I'm in. Plueeze
Old 08-01-2017, 02:29 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
synjin is a name known to allsynjin is a name known to allsynjin is a name known to allsynjin is a name known to allsynjin is a name known to allsynjin is a name known to allsynjin is a name known to allsynjin is a name known to allsynjin is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 53/100%
Me too!
Old 08-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Scribble, paint, cut, paste, repeat...

My Mood:
plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 232/100%
Here we go again! Sign me up, Scottie!
Old 08-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Freedom within limits

My Mood:
KPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 422/100%
Please sign me up! I'm willing to send 2 if there's an odd number of participants.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Crazy dog lady

Cindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 327/100%
Sign me up please!
Old 08-01-2017, 06:38 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 193/100%
Me too me too!
Old 08-01-2017, 09:31 PM

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Welcome everyone! Thanks OldsLady and KP for volunteering to do two if necessary!
Old 08-02-2017, 08:58 AM
going, going, always going: Home from Rapa Nui

My Mood:
jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1372/100%
so you don't wonder where I am...I am taking this month and next month off. I will be watching the thread and wishing to join, but I am in an art slump and I'm hesitant to commit.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:46 AM
UNDERAGED-Account suspended-lied about her age to join
Suspended Member

starwarsgeek1 is a welcomed newbie
iTrader Rating: 15/100%
Ok I'll give this a try. Sign me up
Old 08-03-2017, 01:31 AM

My Mood:
Thanks for letting us know jo.on.the.go (that rhymes). I hope you still lurk Did World Watercolor Month wear you out? Hope your art enthusiasm returns to you soon.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:33 AM

My Mood:
Welcome starwarsgeek1! Glad to have you join us!
Old 08-03-2017, 04:45 PM
going, going, always going: Home from Rapa Nui

My Mood:
jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1372/100%
Thanks nightowl. No, the month of watercolors didn't wear me out. Actually it was fantastic because I was learning about pan watercolors. I'm just thinking that my art is looking a little stale and I need to step away for a little bit. I will be lurking here however
Old 08-03-2017, 08:32 PM
You can't get any higher than this

SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!SunTrade should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1989/100%
I would like to participate this month, but can only mail regional. is that ok?

Oh Also lately I collect postcards, so if I get to play, I love my canvas naked with cute stamps. But is up to whatever my partner prefers.

Last edited by SunTrade; 08-03-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:34 PM

My Mood:
welcome back SunTrade! Haven't seen you in awhile
Old 08-04-2017, 08:06 AM
Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1635/100%
SunTrade!! Jumping up and down and waving :-)
Closed Thread