ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:01 PM
ATC Guru

prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 540/100%
The Phobia Swap ~ due October 3

Due Date: October 3, 2017
Withdraw by Date: Anytime - just please communicate
Number of Cards: 3/3
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: Open media

The PHOBIA swap

A phobia is "an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something"

Here is a link to a list of 100 phobias.

Swap Requirements:
  • Standard ATC size: 2.5 x 3.5
  • 3:3 (hostess cards are never a requirement, but would be treasured)
  • Each card will feature a different phobia. How you interpret it artistically is up to you, but please include the name of the phobia on each card (either the front or back).
  • Open media, but it needs to be original artwork. Please do not make prints of previously made artwork. Please do more than just use an image from a magazine or online and slap it on a card. You can use images as part of your collage, but think layers...
  • Good craftsmanship: send in something that you would be excited to see in your return envelope. I am going to do my best to swap effort for effort.
  • Please make sure your cards are not flimsy.
  • Each card should be in its own protective sleeve.
  • Please include swap name, your username, real name, and location on the back of each ATC.

Mailing:
  • US Participants – Please include a legible SASE. One forever stamp is enough. I will add extra postage, if needed.
  • International Participants - Please include a mailing label with your address clearly written or typed. I will provide an envelope for returns for all international players. Please include a well concealed US dollar bill or US global forever stamp.
  • Please make sure to package your cards securely (especially if you use embellishments). We don't want these wonderful works of art to get banged up in the mail .
  • When you are ready to send in your cards, please send me a private message.
  • Also, please post when you send in your cards, so I can be on the lookout.
  • Make sure your cards are mailed in time to be in my hands on or before the due date.

It is always fun and inspiring when artists share their cards in the thread, so feel free to do so!

When you receive your cards, please leave itrader for your hostess (that would be me) and "you rock" points to the players you received cards from.

Who's not afraid to play?

0. prex79
1. dithespy
2. Allegrae
3. alrice46
4. Bibliobibuli
5. Vicki Z
6. BigBangMomma RECEIVED
7. mynameisJenn
8. Cindylou RECEIVED
9. xela7072 RECEIVED
10. Isayhooah
11. CastleQueen5
12. Beverley

Last edited by prex79; 08-14-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Comic Book Hero

My Mood:
ferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 2314/100%
lurking
FINISH IT UP #5 due 8/14/RETURNS GOING OUT ON 8/17
Now Hosting COLOR SERIES ORANGE/4 x 4 Chunky Page Swap due 9/6
Now Hosting ANIMAL PLAY YZ AND FAVORITE due 9/5
Now Hosting OH, ORIGAMI! due 9/19
Now Hosting COLOR SERIES PURPLE/4 x 4 Chunky Page Swap due 10/5
Old 08-02-2017, 08:13 AM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
dithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 147/100%
I'll have a go - I'm brave!
Old 08-02-2017, 08:46 AM
ATC Guru

prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!
Woohoo! First sign up! Welcome dithespy!
Welcome to lurk, ferretgirl. Hope you decide to join us
Old 08-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Chronic paper-cut sufferer

My Mood:
Allegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 1427/100%
Count me in!
Old 08-02-2017, 10:53 AM
ATC Guru

Welcome Allegrae, so happy you are joining us
Old 08-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Rookie

alrice46 is a cherished participant
iTrader Rating: 6/100%
sign me up
Old 08-02-2017, 04:10 PM
ATC Guru

You got it! Welcome alrice46
Old 08-02-2017, 04:13 PM
with wings

My Mood:
acalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobahacalla is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 648/100%
wow....what a theme

how does one paint fog?
Old 08-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
Bibliobibuli is a friendly and kind soulBibliobibuli is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 13/100%
Sign me up please!
Old 08-02-2017, 05:10 PM
ATC Guru

Sure thing, Bibliobibuli! Welcome
Old 08-02-2017, 05:18 PM
ATC Guru

Originally Posted by acalla View Post
wow....what a theme

how does one paint fog?
Hmmmm... Sounds like an interesting challenge
Are you afraid of fog, acalla?
Old 08-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Addicted to ATCs

Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 3731/100%
Originally Posted by acalla View Post
wow....what a theme

how does one paint fog?

acalla, you paint fog like you paint rain.
Try using gesso with a water wash, or white acrylic watered down to a mist.
Or try a watercolor picture, with people or people silhouettes, then add water until the watercolor bleeds and blends and fades.

If one has seen the movie "The Fog", it is easy to be afraid of fog.
The movie got crappy reviews, but I, for one, thought it was pretty scary.

Please sign me up for this.
GREAT theme!
Old 08-02-2017, 06:53 PM
ATC Guru

Alright Vicki Z! Welcome!
Old 08-02-2017, 07:00 PM
ATC Guru

Originally Posted by Vicki Z View Post

Please sign me up for this.
GREAT theme!
Which one? I looked it up and there is an 80's film and a newer one (already forgot the year). I'm not sure if I've seen either. I do love horror movies, though.

FYI, a fear of fog is called homiclophobia or nebulaphobia.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Addicted to ATCs

Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 3731/100%
Originally Posted by prex79 View Post
Which one? I looked it up and there is an 80's film and a newer one (already forgot the year). I'm not sure if I've seen either. I do love horror movies, though.

FYI, a fear of fog is called homiclophobia or nebulaphobia.

I like the 1980 version starring Adrienne Barbeau.
It has a plot, and a story line, and a descent progression of events, in addition to being a good thriller.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Swap With Me?

My Mood:
BigBangMomma is a friendly and kind soulBigBangMomma is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 8/100%
Oooh, this is too good a theme to lurk.. please sign me up.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Eager Newb

My Mood:
josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!
iTrader Rating: 32/100%
Lurking
Old 08-02-2017, 11:53 PM
formerly Decals_gal

My Mood:
Kimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allKimmie has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 396/100%
Originally Posted by Vicki Z View Post
GREAT theme!
Wow, Vicki!....so did I! Fog still creeps me out and I always think of that movie when fog floats in! I, too, liked the 80's version best.

Lurking the swap!
Old 08-03-2017, 07:08 AM
cut and paste

My Mood:
mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 629/100%
Oh yes, please sign me up!