ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:31 PM
existential cosplayer

My Mood:
Zhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 151/100%
Printmaking ATCs Swap - Due August 15

Printmaking ATCs – Due 15 August

Swap Due Date: 15 August
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 30

This swap is for 30 artists to celebrate traditional/hand-pulled printmaking methods, which include but are not limited to linocuts, hand-carved stamps, letterpress, collography, and serigraphy. You could also use some more basic techniques like potato prints and string prints too, if you'd like.

Any and all themes are welcome in this swap.

Please feel free to embellish your cards: use collaged backgrounds, embroider your prints, colour them in, collage over them, etc. I've attached two of my own ATCs that use printmaking methods: the first one is a monotype that I coloured in with ink and the second one is a hand-carved stamp that I embroidered.

The guidelines:
1. Send me 3 ATCs that prominently feature a printmaking method.
2. All hand-pulled printing methods are welcome.
3. Feel free to embellish your prints but please also ensure that the printmaking technique is the key component of your work.
4. Please write your user name on the back of your cards.
5. Please include an address label or a SAE.
6. Please include the following postage:

* Canadian participants, please include as many stamps as it took you to send your cards to me.
* American participants, please include one well-concealed dollar (no coins please).
* Overseas participants, the postage is on me.

7. Cards are due in my hands by 15 August. I live in the middle of Canada and mail from anywhere (domestic and international) can take up to two weeks to arrive on my doorstep. I will mail returns within two weeks of the swap deadline. I will take advantage of the two-week grace period to wait for cards that are taking the long way to Winnipeg.
8. Please PM me for my mailing address when you're ready to send.
9.If you have any questions, please ask them by posting to this thread.
10. As a host, I expect effort, not expertise from players. Newbies and experimenters welcome! Please keep in mind, though, that if you feel like apologising for your ATCs, you should keep working on them until that temptation goes away.

*Any cards that do not meet the requirements will be returned to the artist provided that the appropriate amount of postage to cover returning them is sent.*

Interested? Please sign up by posting to this thread.

Questions? Please PM me or ask them in this thread.

Useful links:
collography tutorial
stamp-carving tutorial
cheap screen printing tutorial
printmaking pool at flickr
carve your stamps pool at flickr

Playahs:
1. Ibus received
2. jazzie received
3. citykitten received
4. Bright-Spark received
5. lildebi withdrawn
6. MissKoolAid received
7. nowzem withdrawn
8. LavenderLizard received
9. ANg received
10. Rooskie received
11. eepy received
12. mynameisjenn received
13. Mrs. Ragbrutty received
14. stellacometa received
15. kbutts received
16. Lily Lemon received
17. CMFcreations withdrawn
18. avidstampcarver received
19. upwiththesun received
20. starweaver no communication
21. Janice withdrawn
22. Lagaz received
23. artandsoul received
24. flowergurl4eva received
25. mrubyjean received
26. Patti received
27. lisavollrath received
28. detephoto received
29. grammysammy437 received
30. SallyAnn received

Last edited by Zhenechka; 08-25-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: playaaaahz!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Granny to four gorgeous children!

My Mood:
Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1163/100%
Sign me up please, looks like fun.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:27 AM
I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.

jazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 314/100%
please add my name to the list - thanks for hosting!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:32 AM

My Mood:
citykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoastcitykitten is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 218/100%
Please add me to the list!
Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Life begins at 40!

My Mood:
manycolours is a friendly and kind soulmanycolours is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 61/100%
this looks great! I have a printmaking background from a l o n g t i m e ago!! but i am too committed at the moment so I 'll come back later! great swap!
Old 05-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Probationary User

My Mood:
Bright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them allBright-Spark is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 360/99%
Oh, can I please join? thanks
Old 05-30-2008, 08:50 AM
existential cosplayer

My Mood:
Zhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to allZhenechka is a name known to all
Welcome, everyone! I've added you all to the list.

And I hope that you'll be back, manycolours. Printmakers unite!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Too busy with work and school to make any art right now.

My Mood:
lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!
iTrader Rating: 134/99%
please sign me up for this swap
Old 05-30-2008, 09:47 AM
MissKoolAid

iTrader Rating: /%
Sign me up! This is the push I needed to try making my own stamps!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:50 AM
existential cosplayer

My Mood:
Hello, hello! You've both been added.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:52 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
nowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoastnowzem is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 434/100%
sign me up please?!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 AM
existential cosplayer

My Mood:
Gotcha, nowzem!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 AM

My Mood:
LavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoastLavenderLizard is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 322/100%
Oooh, I was going to do a hand-carved stamp swap! May I join yours?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:13 AM
existential cosplayer

My Mood:
Of course! I hope that you host that hand-carved stamp swap in the future too. I'm always down for some hand-carved love.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:14 AM
i love french toast

My Mood:
altermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant futurealtermyworld has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 696/100%
oh me please, excellent swap.
I love raw art.
ANg
Old 05-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Kiss me! I'm Irish!

My Mood:
RoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allRoOskie has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 2111/100%
I WOULD LOVE TO SIGN UP! THANKS - ROOSKIE
Old 05-30-2008, 10:36 AM
existential cosplayer

My Mood:
Woohoo!

This is a fine, fine group.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:03 AM
eepy

iTrader Rating: /%
Me too please, sassy Zhen!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:09 PM
existential cosplayer

My Mood:
Originally Posted by eepy View Post
Me too please, sassy Zhen!
You have been sassily signed up.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:28 PM
cut and paste

My Mood:
mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 614/100%
woo hoo!
You know I've been waiting for this so I must sign up.