Printmaking ATCs – Due 15 August
Swap Due Date:
Sign Up/Withdraw by:
Number of Cards:
3 for 3
Number of Participants:
This swap is for 30 artists to celebrate traditional/hand-pulled printmaking methods, which include but are not limited to linocuts, hand-carved stamps, letterpress, collography, and serigraphy. You could also use some more basic techniques like potato prints and string prints too, if you'd like.
Any and all themes are welcome in this swap.
Please feel free to embellish your cards: use collaged backgrounds, embroider your prints, colour them in, collage over them, etc. I've attached two of my own ATCs that use printmaking methods: the first one is a monotype that I coloured in with ink and the second one is a hand-carved stamp that I embroidered.
1. Send me 3 ATCs that prominently feature a printmaking method.
2. All hand-pulled printing methods are welcome.
3. Feel free to embellish your prints but please also ensure that the printmaking technique is the key component of your work.
4. Please write your user name on the back of your cards.
5. Please include an address label or a SAE.
6. Please include the following postage:
* Canadian participants, please include as many stamps as it took you to send your cards to me.
* American participants, please include one well-concealed dollar (no coins please).
* Overseas participants, the postage is on me.
7. Cards are due in my hands by 15 August. I live in the middle of Canada and mail from anywhere (domestic and international) can take up to two weeks to arrive on my doorstep. I will mail returns within two weeks of the swap deadline. I will take advantage of the two-week grace period to wait for cards that are taking the long way to Winnipeg.
8. Please PM me for my mailing address when you're ready to send.
9.If you have any questions, please ask them by posting to this thread.
10. As a host, I expect effort, not expertise from players. Newbies and experimenters welcome! Please keep in mind, though, that if you feel like apologising for your ATCs, you should keep working on them until that temptation goes away.
*Any cards that do not meet the requirements will be returned to the artist provided that the appropriate amount of postage to cover returning them is sent.*
Interested? Please sign up by posting to this thread.
Questions? Please PM me or ask them in this thread.
cheap screen printing tutorial
printmaking pool at flickr
carve your stamps pool at flickr
1. Ibus received
2. jazzie received
3. citykitten received
4. Bright-Spark received
5. lildebi withdrawn
6. MissKoolAid received
7. nowzem withdrawn
8. LavenderLizard received
9. ANg received
10. Rooskie received
11. eepy received
12. mynameisjenn received
13. Mrs. Ragbrutty received
14. stellacometa received
15. kbutts received
16. Lily Lemon received
17. CMFcreations withdrawn
18. avidstampcarver received
19. upwiththesun received
20. starweaver no communication
21. Janice withdrawn
22. Lagaz received
23. artandsoul received
24. flowergurl4eva received
25. mrubyjean received
26. Patti received
27. lisavollrath received
28. detephoto received
29. grammysammy437 received
30. SallyAnn received