Hi here are my cards, I have loved this swap, I have a passion for History of Art.
The cards are after Botticelli's Primavera, Portrait of a Young Man and Madonna of the Pomegranate and Leonardo's Lady with Ermine.

Attachments

• ATC SWAP inspired by Renaissance art 2 April 2024 1 after BOTICELLI Primavera detail.jpg
    ATC SWAP inspired by Renaissance art 2 April 2024 1 after BOTICELLI Primavera detail.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • ATC SWAP inspired by Renaissance art April 2024 1 after BOTICELLI Portrait of a Young  Man.jpg
    ATC SWAP inspired by Renaissance art April 2024 1 after BOTICELLI Portrait of a Young Man.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • ATC SWAP inspired by Renaissance art April 2024 3 after BOTICELLI Madonna of the Poemgranate.jpg
    ATC SWAP inspired by Renaissance art April 2024 3 after BOTICELLI Madonna of the Poemgranate.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • ATC SWAP inspired by Renaissance art April 2024 4 after LEONARDO Lady wuth an Ermine.jpg
    ATC SWAP inspired by Renaissance art April 2024 4 after LEONARDO Lady wuth an Ermine.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
My cards: Florentine Renaissance
1.- Architecture - Il Battistero di San Giovanni Florence - Il Doumo di Santa Maria del Fiore by Brunelleschi
2.- Sculpture - Il Davide di Michelangelo
3.- Writings - Petrarca, Il Decameron by Boccaccio, Machiavelli (Il Principe) and Dante Alighieri (La DIvina Commedia)
IMG_2604.jpg

Last edited:
Swap Due Date - April 21st, 2024
Signup/withdraw date - Anytime, but please communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - Unlimited
Medium: Any except photography and digital

Continuing with the Art History Inspiration, lets move into the Renaissance. This is the time of transition from the middle ages into the modern world. It spanned the 13th through the 16th century. It was associated with big cultural and social changes. Many argue that Florence was the birthplace of the Renaissance. The movement was concentrated in the state cities of modern day Italy and supported by families like the Medici. The renaissance produced great artists in many fields such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Brunelleschi, Dante, Petrarch, Ghiberti, Van Eyck, Durer, Grunewald, Holbein, Machiavelli, among others. The origin of the "Renaissance Man" expression comprises the love for all knowledge sparked by the time.

For this swap, you will create ATC cards Inspired by Artists during this period. Any technique is accepted except for pictures or purely digital.

• Make sure your cards are made out of sturdy material and are 2.5" x 3.5"

• Please sign up by posting to this thread.

• Include your Username, swap name, your location, and the date on the back of each card.

• Each card should be sent in an individual clear protective sleeve.

• A hostess card is not necessary, but if you decide to send me one, I will treasure it.

• If you need to withdraw, please just let me know.

• When you are ready to mail your cards: send me a PM for my address. I haven't moved so if you have my Chuluota address from previous swaps, it is still the same.

• Please include a large address label or a piece of paper with your address as well as enough postage to cover your returns. I will provide the return envelope. Please also write your user name and swap name in the back of your envelope. Please, if you would like to participate but cannot afford the mailing, don't let this restrict your participation. I will be happy to cover the return postage for you.

International participants: I will cover your return postage.

• DUE DATE: April 21st, 2024.

• As I receive your cards, I will post received by your name on the thread.

Participants:
0.- Leydab
1.- MyBrokenArt - Received
2.- ArtSean329 - Received
3.- Tillygo - Received
4.- Luk - Received

5.- Makitso
6.- RedPlantLady - Received
My cards are ready! Please sign me up, and may I please have your address soon, so they arrive in time. This was rewarding. Thank you for hosting this.

Attachments

• 20240414_163453.jpg
    20240414_163453.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240414_163508.jpg
    20240414_163508.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240414_163518.jpg
    20240414_163518.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240414_163535.jpg
    20240414_163535.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
The swap is completed and returns will be mailed tomorrow.
Thank you for joining and for the beautiful creations.
When you receive your returns, please don't forget to provide feedback to me and reputation points to your fellow artists.
Take care!

Hi and thanks for the lovely cards from Tillygo, LIMEY-IN-LOVE and Leydab - Great subject! Cheers Shirley xx

Swap Due Date - April 21st, 2024
Signup/withdraw date - Anytime, but please communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - Unlimited
Medium: Any except photography and digital

Continuing with the Art History Inspiration, lets move into the Renaissance. This is the time of transition from the middle ages into the modern world. It spanned the 13th through the 16th century. It was associated with big cultural and social changes. Many argue that Florence was the birthplace of the Renaissance. The movement was concentrated in the state cities of modern day Italy and supported by families like the Medici. The renaissance produced great artists in many fields such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Brunelleschi, Dante, Petrarch, Ghiberti, Van Eyck, Durer, Grunewald, Holbein, Machiavelli, among others. The origin of the "Renaissance Man" expression comprises the love for all knowledge sparked by the time.

For this swap, you will create ATC cards Inspired by Artists during this period. Any technique is accepted except for pictures or purely digital.

• Make sure your cards are made out of sturdy material and are 2.5" x 3.5"

• Please sign up by posting to this thread.

• Include your Username, swap name, your location, and the date on the back of each card.

• Each card should be sent in an individual clear protective sleeve.

• A hostess card is not necessary, but if you decide to send me one, I will treasure it.

• If you need to withdraw, please just let me know.

• When you are ready to mail your cards: send me a PM for my address. I haven't moved so if you have my Chuluota address from previous swaps, it is still the same.

• Please include a large address label or a piece of paper with your address as well as enough postage to cover your returns. I will provide the return envelope. Please also write your user name and swap name in the back of your envelope. Please, if you would like to participate but cannot afford the mailing, don't let this restrict your participation. I will be happy to cover the return postage for you.

International participants: I will cover your return postage.

• DUE DATE: April 21st, 2024.

• As I receive your cards, I will post received by your name on the thread.

Participants:
0.- Leydab
1.- MyBrokenArt - Received
2.- ArtSean329 - Received
3.- Tillygo - Received
4.- Luk - Received

5.- Makitso - Withdrew
6.- RedPlantLady - Received
7.- Kacy Butcher - Received
Dear RedPlantLady, Tillygo, and ArtSean329, I was lucky enough to receive an exquisite hand drawn/painted card from each of you. I'm so honored to start my collection with such talented work. You all put your heart into your work. I don't know how to reach you individually to thank you so I hope this reaches you. I don't know about the giving points part either, but I'd be eager to add those if someone can tell me how. Still new to this.

Dear RedPlantLady, Tillygo, and ArtSean329, I was lucky enough to receive an exquisite hand drawn/painted card from each of you. I'm so honored to start my collection with such talented work. You all put your heart into your work. I don't know how to reach you individually to thank you so I hope this reaches you. I don't know about the giving points part either, but I'd be eager to add those if someone can tell me how. Still new to this.

How to Leave Feedback/Reputation for Host/Players.
1. Click on the magnifying glass at the top right of the Forums page. Enter a partial name of the swap you've just received your returns for and search for that.
2. Go to the first post of the thread of the swap. This will be made by the Host. You can navigate there by using the Page finder at the bottom of any page of the thread, select page 1 and move to the top of the screen (Use the Up and Down Arrows in the lower right to quickly move to top or bottom of the page.)
3. At the top right side of the post, there will be a series of three dots. Click this and a list of who has replied will pop up. Click on the number next to the Username of the person you received a return from and a new screen will pop up showing a list of their replies within that thread. Select any reply. I look for the reply where the member announced they were sending their cards or, better still, if they posted a scan of the cards they were sending in. In any case, any reply will be fine and click on that.
4. At the bottom right of the post, select the option of a magnifying glass and "reputation." The reputation dialogue box will come up and you can enter the info of why you liked (or disliked) the return. Repeat for all of the returns you received.
5. Go back to the first post and click on the hosts name. A pop up window will come up. I find that I have trouble if I select "Add Feedback" from the pop up, so I click again on the Hosts name to bring up their profile. Select "Add Feedback" and enter the info of why you liked (or disliked) the swap.
6. OPTIONAL. Add a new post to the swap thread publicly thanking the host and the players for the swap experience. Use the at sign (@) to enter their name so they'll know you are thanking them. If you're really ambitious, you can take a photo or a scan of the returns you received to show off your wonderful new ATCs and attach the file to your post. I'm as proud of the returns I get as I am of the ATCs I create. After all, this is why we do this hobby.

This might seem like a lot, but once you get used to it, you can breeze through it in just a few minutes and you'll be sure to fulfill your obligations as a good ATCForAll participant.

Hope that helps!

P.S. The above was graciously given to me by @Tafkabecky.

Last edited: