"OXYMORONS" open media, Due Jan 8th 2019

I got you moved off the lurkers couch to the committed list. Thank you for posting photos.

BTW- I had a moment of holiday brain drain apparently...because I took pics and packaged up my cards yesterday. Then when I was uploading the pictures realized that my pretty sick card had the 2 words and the lady and that was it. Luckily, yesterday I was running late for work and they were still in my car. So, I unpackaged them and added the embellishments (the tissue is just crumpled, not used!). So you'll have to open the end of the envelope that has the stamp because the other end is taped shut (I didn't want to waste the stamps).

BTW- I had a moment of holiday brain drain apparently...because I took pics and packaged up my cards yesterday. Then when I was uploading the pictures realized that my pretty sick card had the 2 words and the lady and that was it. Luckily, yesterday I was running late for work and they were still in my car. So, I unpackaged them and added the embellishments (the tissue is just crumpled, not used!). So you'll have to open the end of the envelope that has the stamp because the other end is taped shut (I didn't want to waste the stamps).
Ok, thank you and I think it came to day. I haven't opened my mail yet.

I took my 19 year old to the dentist, because she lost her driving privileges from us not the state of Arizona. I now need to drive her to work. Neither are far, the dentist was 2 miles. I wanted to make her take the bus but she is getting over bronchitis, and isn't sleeping well cause she coughs more at night.

So I won't be a meany weenie, but I sure feel like it sometimes.

Anyway, I am will open the mail soon.

I am sorry but my Muse refuses to co-operate for this swap and I will have to withdraw. :cry:

Everything she and I came up with involved some hand drawing and you don't want to see the mutants that resulted from my attempts. Let us just say that it was lucky I have a large bin in my craft room.

The cards shown for this swap are amazing and I am very sorry to miss out on the chance to grab some for myself. Maybe next time. . .

I will remain a lurker because I want to see what people are creating. No drawing or painting for me. On December 10 on my great adventure to the Galápagos I fell and broke bones in my left wrist. I am left handed. Today I finally was able to see a US doctor and I have surgery scheduled for the day after Christmas. If I owe anybody reps or I-traders I will eventually get them out. I am struggling to open envelopes

I will remain a lurker because I want to see what people are creating. No drawing or painting for me. On December 10 on my great adventure to the Galápagos I fell and broke bones in my left wrist. I am left handed. Today I finally was able to see a US doctor and I have surgery scheduled for the day after Christmas. If I owe anybody reps or I-traders I will eventually get them out. I am struggling to open envelopes

Oh Jo.on.the.go. This is not a post you feel like you can HIT LIKE THIS POST! I am so sorry that happened. I hope the rest of the trip was memorable, but in a better way, I never knew you were left handed. Left handed folks tend to be more artistic and musical

greetings from idaho .... please allow me to join this swap ...
i realize i am late, but would be able to meet deadline ...
ty in advance

came back to add 6:6 ... thanks again

Welcome AuntieDEB. If you have any questions please ask.

You can send a pm or post in the thread when you need my address. Mail from ID to AZ is pretty fast and you won't have any trouble making the Jan 2019 deadline, I am sure.

Tips, look at some of the cards posted in the thread, Make sure you tape the cards gently together so they do not dance around the envelope, but lie flat, Inculde your return postage and mailing address, use a firm backing so the card earns the word card.

tx so much ....
i gave myself the deadline so that i could finish my cards!
and to give my postmaster a break, considering how
hard he's been working .... i do have a couple questions ...

am i to send each card in a plastic sleeve?
i never win anything, what is "earning the word card"?
i understood from reading info that participants "tip" their
host/ess .... being from a hospitality background myself, i
am a good tipper, but have no idea what is considered
a good tip in this case ...

now i am off to figure out this gallery system ....

merry christmas eve eve everyone

Last edited:
To earn the word card, an atc must not be bendable, if you can bend a card into a u Shape then it is only an artist trading paper not an artist tracking card.. TO make it a card you need a firm backing. chipboard, is the most common. Several layers of cardstock. If anyone else has an input bout what they use, please chime in. I use chipboard from food boxes, cereal, etc.

Tipping the hostess, I haven't heard it called that, hmmm no money involved. Most players make one extra card and the hostess can pick from them all. You can send an extra send an extra postage stamp to help cover the extra minor expenses of the international players. It costs $1.15 to send to say France, Canada or anywhere outside the USA, but to make it easier we accept $1 and cover the 15 cents. It doesn't add up to much overall.

Plastic sleeves. You can cut a baseball protector into a 3 across holder, or they sell those individual sleeves. You can find both at Walmart and Target. I go to the baseball store because he has a good deal and they sturdier.

If you use the individual sleeves use tape to connect them in a row so they won't dance around in the envelope. they will lay flat. Slide your address label into one sleeve in the back with your return postage and you mailing is ready to go.

since you are planning on 6 cards your return postage will be more than one forever stamp. It should cost an extra 21 cents for being over one ounce.

Last edited:
I want to share my ideas. If I had a functional left hand I would have drawn “artificial turf” and “just a little bit pregnant”.

i think i am beginning to see it now ... thanks for the bendable
explanation, i definitely will be layering ... i did not mean cash tip,
i meant a goody of some sort ... i had thought of pieces of special
paper or something .... i am having so much fun, thank you ....
oh, yes, will go over and intro self soon ......

Back
Top Bottom