MID DEC PAT. with a twist DUE March 1st 2019

View attachment 203341View attachment 203342View attachment 203343View attachment 203344View attachment 203345

Ok, so. Next time I sign up for a group with challenging themes, someone please remind me not to! I found this pretty hard, but hopefully the results are ok.

This is group 7.

A card for Ali featuring images and lyrics from the song "What about everything" by Carbon Leaf. I didn't know this song, so had to go listen to it and read the lyrics. Don't really know if I did it justice, but I liked the line about buildlings falling down, so that's what you've got!

The card for huddlestonmollie was the easiest for me, because the White Album has one of my favourite Beatles' songs on it. Anyone who knows me at all will NOT be surprised to see the appearance of a Blackbird...

For allegrae, lines and image from the poem "Poem for my Father" by Quincy Troupe - again, not something with which I was familiar, so I had to do a little research, but I had an idea (to use the text as the stitching on the baseball) and I ran with it. (Forgot to say that my own father was a huge baseball fan - Orioles - so I really had to go with the baseball images...)

And finally, for Sorxia - images and lyrics from Echoes. This one I did know (though I haven't listened to it in ages, so that was fun - I'm more of a Wish You Were Here girl myself).

The hostess card (who knows why it went sideways. I tried twice. I give up) went very simple after that - zebra stripes AND sunflowers...

Here are my cards for group 1:

Cat AND Mouse for dithespy
Whimsical Flowers and Butterflies for Robin
A doll and a bear for CiCiCreates
A Sea turtle (realistic) and a Beer pint for Terri F

Not to panic you, or cause you to rush your artistic muse, but There are only 28 days in FEB, and March 1st will be here soon. So if you are international, you need to mail ASAP, and well USA mailing is close behind.

I dont have to mail, so that is giving me a false sense of, procrastination cushion.

Yes, that procrastination cushion is an evil deceiver. You get all comfortable in your procrastination and then WHAMMMMM!

Hushed Kitty your pat cards arrived today, Thank you for the cactus hostess card. I do have to say that your Mother and child card is most creative and impressive.

I mailed these out to you this morning, CQ!!! I have a long weekend from work and it has been conducive to art-making; three sets in two days, which has been quite lovely and relaxing :~)

1_fullsizeoutput_2a9c.jpeg 1_fullsizeoutput_2a9d.jpeg 1_fullsizeoutput_2aa2.jpeg 1_fullsizeoutput_2a9f.jpeg 1_fullsizeoutput_2aa4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom