Chinese New Year - Year of the RAT, Due January 17, 2020

They were not in my hands on Saturday.
There is no mail delivery on Sunday.
I will check again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Mail Call:
Cards received from Fandanie, TrinaLD, mrubyjean, TrailRider, Vegan4animals.
Thanks to each of you for including a hostie card.

Last edited:
Wow, that was fast ~ glad they arrived safely, thanks!

Mail is soooooo interesting.
You say your cards arrived fast, but two others have said their cards took "FOREVER".
I wish I had control over the post office. I ask Santa every year for that power,but he hasn't given it to me, yet!!!!!

Oh, I need to get some this week. I hope there are some still available.

AmeBee, I love your cards and the little envelopes you made for them. I wanted to make some envelopes, but ...

Oh, I need to get some this week. I hope there are some still available.

AmeBee, I love your cards and the little envelopes you made for them. I wanted to make some envelopes, but ...

My post office is small, your post office may have more stamps.
And my post office says they will get in more stamps, but I never know how long it will take.

I am starting to get a little worried about my cards as swaps that I mailed a week AFTER these have arrived.

I cannot determine your mailing date by your comment of "mailed a week AFTER these have arrived"......but you did say in the thread that you mailed Dec 21st, so.......
It has always taken 3 weeks, or 21 days, for your cards to reach me, and the last batch you mailed to me took 23 days, 2 days more than usual. (I mentioned that to you at the time, so you would know I was keeping track.)

Plus, the transit for your current envy included mailing through both Christmas and New Year (both full day National Holidays of NO MAIL) plus Christmas Eve Day and New Year Eve Day (both of which the Post Office closed at noon), resulting in 2 full days plus 2 half days, or a total of 3 days worth of delayed and non-existent postal pick up and delivery.......:( (Holidays of NO MAIL)

Considering these holidays result in this being delivery day 21, to delivery day 24
(depending on counting or not counting holidays), from your posted mail date.
And it is just after Christmas, and 12th Night, and Epiphany, so I was not particularly worried, figuring your "normal" transit time, and holiday delays.
Please, don't YOU worry. :swoon:

I received a HUGE pile of mail Monday, but not a single envelope yesterday.
It is too early to check for mail today......The posties don't distribute to P.O. Boxes this early unless they are totally bored (and with coffee brakes and new magazines to read, .....my magazines NEVER come sealed...., this does NOT often happen).
On the bright side, it does look like the post office is catching up after the (multiple) holidays, so your envy will probably arrive soon, perhaps today.

I will let you know as soon as I get your cards. :jiggy:

Last edited:
AWESOME cards received from Donnacr, AmeBee, and Nartle.
Thanks to each of you for including a hostie card.

I managed to get a sheet of stamps at the second USPS I tried yesterday. The stamps are absolutely EXQUISITE. I couldn't help but show them to folks yesterday while I was out and about. Some loved them. Some asked if they were real stamps. Some weren't impressed. They are more lovely than online.

I managed to get a sheet of stamps at the second USPS I tried yesterday. The stamps are absolutely EXQUISITE. I couldn't help but show them to folks yesterday while I was out and about. Some loved them. Some asked if they were real stamps. Some weren't impressed. They are more lovely than online.

That is exactly what I thought!!!!
The stamps are definitely more lovely than online.
I am sorry you had to check out TWO post offices to obtain your sheet of stamps.

I went back to my post office to see if they had more stamps available (they did tell me they were getting more in)
But, they were still out.
Then, I got a sheet (of stamps) at my grocery store service counter.

Hubby laughed when I told him my story, and I had to show him the grocery store receipt to "prove" I bought stamps AT THE GROCERY STORE because the post office was OUT OF STAMPS.......:eek:
:twitcy: :unsure: :swoon:

Cards are being swapped out.
They should be in the mail later this week.
Thanks to everyone for participating.

yes, they are gorgeous.
I went back to my local post office and was able to obtain another sheet of them.
The postie lady says she liked the last 12 group (flowers, fruits, and food)better.
I totally disagree with her. I think these new ones are much nicer.

Last edited:
Returns went into the mail early this morning.
You should have happy mail in your mailbox early next week.
Thank you for participating.

Back
Top Bottom