Sketch Your Day/USK Swap ... due July 8th, 2022

I finished my cards today and I was lucky that no one in the park was looking over my shoulder. And I admit, I hunkered down in a quiet little corner. :spinny:

51 BLACKBIRDS POTATO CHIPS PARTY.jpg 52 KÖNIGSTEINER BURG.jpg

The first one, 'Blackbird's Potato Chips Party', shows a little blackbird in the park, landing at my feet and feasting on potato chips lying around. I bet it was really thirsty after that....

The second card shows the medieval castle ruin of Königstein, the town where I live, with a part of the historic center. I drew the sketch from the famous 'Hildablick' in the early morning hours and I was quite undisturbed enjoying the view and silence. :-)

My cards go out with the mail today, Ada. Thank you so much for organizing this wonderful swap. ❤️

Judith, these are both beautiful! Love the light on the little blackbird, and the image of the town and castle is just amazing! Love the sky and the way you integrated everything so well. It looks like a peaceful and inviting place.

I finished my cards today and I was lucky that no one in the park was looking over my shoulder. And I admit, I hunkered down in a quiet little corner. :spinny:

View attachment 232801 View attachment 232802

The first one, 'Blackbird's Potato Chips Party', shows a little blackbird in the park, landing at my feet and feasting on potato chips lying around. I bet it was really thirsty after that....

The second card shows the medieval castle ruin of Königstein, the town where I live, with a part of the historic center. I drew the sketch from the famous 'Hildablick' in the early morning hours and I was quite undisturbed enjoying the view and silence. :-)

My cards go out with the mail today, Ada. Thank you so much for organizing this wonderful swap. ❤️

Wonderful cards, Judith! The castle and town drawing is beautiful! Looks like your town is a wonderful place to explore and live. The blackbird potato chip party is wonderful too. I find it funny and nostalgic. It reminds me of my college days back in the day, where there was a cafeteria with an eating area that was under a roof but open to the elements. Blackbirds would have a feast every day, and sometimes even steal your food if you were not careful. :eek: :laugh:

It's inspiring to see all the daily sketchers here. Enjoying it all very much.

So, I caught a few moments with old weird Harold the Great Blue Heron. I was sitting on my back porch one evening and he
was there at the creek looking for fish. Suddenly, we had a downpour and it was fun to watch him never move even while getting drenched. I did catch him later shaking and fluffing his feathers to dry off. He looked happy to me!
Here's just a fast sketch of him and I tried to get the look of long spanish moss in the top background.

Attachments

• Greatbluerheron1A - 1.jpg
    Greatbluerheron1A - 1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 17
Wonderful card Holly! I’m glad you were able to capture him. We know you were hoping he would give you a visit. Nice story too. Thanks for sharing!

BOTH of these are AWESOME! I love the title "Blackbird's Potato Chips Party!!!!!!"

It's inspiring to see all the daily sketchers here. Enjoying it all very much.

So, I caught a few moments with old weird Harold the Great Blue Heron. I was sitting on my back porch one evening and he
was there at the creek looking for fish. Suddenly, we had a downpour and it was fun to watch him never move even while getting drenched. I did catch him later shaking and fluffing his feathers to dry off. He looked happy to me!
Here's just a fast sketch of him and I tried to get the look of long spanish moss in the top background.

ANOTHER amazing post today.
I want ALL of the cards and ALL of the stories!
This has been such an inspiring swap!
So I will ask this:

Does anyone mind if I collect the comments and images into a little personal ePub?
I will not put anything into the "book" without permission.
I participate on this site for the wonderful conversations and inspiration, and when the swap is over, it is nice to have a "souvenir" that allows me to replay the event whenever I'm in the mood.

HOWEVER... I once did this on a Facebook site and some artists did NOT want me to keep an electronic copy of their art. So I (sadly) deleted that book.

So.... if anyone grants me permission, I will save your words and images in my e-book.
Please let me know.

That sounds like a really fun idea! I don't mind at all.

ANOTHER amazing post today.
I want ALL of the cards and ALL of the stories!
This has been such an inspiring swap!
So I will ask this:

Does anyone mind if I collect the comments and images into a little personal ePub?
I will not put anything into the "book" without permission.
I participate on this site for the wonderful conversations and inspiration, and when the swap is over, it is nice to have a "souvenir" that allows me to replay the event whenever I'm in the mood.

HOWEVER... I once did this on a Facebook site and some artists did NOT want me to keep an electronic copy of their art. So I (sadly) deleted that book.

So.... if anyone grants me permission, I will save your words and images in my e-book.
Please let me know.

What a fun idea for a mini book!
You’re welcome to include mine & I’d love to see how it turns out :)

Mail call! Ancient Planter, your wonderful cards arrived. Thank you for the hostie!

LuAnn, you must have been reading my mind. I was thinking about doing something similar. Partly because is my first swap, and partly because storytelling is what this swap is all about, I wanted to do sort of a sketchbook of the swap. I have been saving the forum entries that explain the different cards to print and stick next to printouts of each card sticked to a sketchbook. I am totally fine with you saving mine!

To all who have replied with a "Yes" to the booklet request: I will be happy to share copies when the book is completed. And... if you want a better image in the booklet, I can send you an email address and we can do that. I can send anyone interested either an electronic copy or a little booklet. This is going to be SO much fun!

Well, I started "the book" today.
So far, I have copied all the text and images of EVERYTHING.... but divided by person.
So it will be easy to delete those pages of people who do not want their words or works in a little epub.
The file is right at 2.3 MB, so I SHOULD be able to email it to anyone who wants it.... once the swap is completed and the permissions have been granted.

I did NOT intend to do the whole book this morning... but I just could not stop. (Famous last words of a person whose arm and shoulder are going to tell her TOO MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER TODAY...)

sigilbooksm.jpg

Hey all, This started as a quick sketch this morning as I was having coffee in my art cave.
Well, I ended up quick painting it. My kitty, Freya. Owl art and my tambourine hang on the wall behind
but in reality there about 4 other paintings on the wall behind which I weeded out. LOL.

Attachments

• freyA1a - 1.jpg
    freyA1a - 1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom