Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween/Autumn ATART

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 210790
    Eerie Eva - ATART #8 -- TRADED
    .....Matte Black Background
    .....Shiny Black Random Over-lay -- I tried to scan this, but it doesn't show up very well unless you enlarge the picture :0(
    .....Gloss Red Ring
    .....Die Cut Bat Embellishment
    .....Eerie Eva Image

Attachment 210792
    Dreadful Deborah - ATART #9 -- TRADED
    .....Matte Black Background
    .....Shiny Black Random Over-lay -- I tried to scan this, but it doesn't show up very well unless you enlarge the picture :0(
    .....Gloss Red Ring
    .....Die Cut Bat Embellishment
    .....Dreadful Deborah Image
    Last edited by Vicki Z; 11-05-2019 at 07:08 AM.

2. Likes Haagmm, jo.on.the.go, Seascape131 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Scary results are in!

In Minnesota (MY home state)
    The Favorite Halloween Candy: Tootsie Pops (202,210 pounds)
    .....I hated those as a child, and nothing has changed
    Second (Minnesota) Halloween Favorite: Candy Corn (96,432 pounds)
    Third (Minnesota) Halloween Favorite: Candy Corn (96,431 pounds)

I hate, despise, abhor, you know, can NOT stand candy corn

NBC has a Halloween Candy Fave list, as do several other news sites.
    "The Candy Store" also has their list, based on candy sales

Here is a site from USA Today that has their fave Halloween candy list, by state, and a cute map of the U.S.A. with candy favorites pictured on the map.

FUN!!!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...at/1726235002/
    Last edited by Vicki Z; 10-31-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Added Link to one of the (many) candy lists

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the website I found, the favorite halloween candy for Kansas is Reeces PB cups. I would agree - they are pretty perfect!

I also like tootsie rolls, sixlets and smarties - they are available all the time but I only think about them at halloween. I probably only like them once a year anyway. Other year round favorites of mine include skittles, milky way and take 5.

My least favorites are bottle caps, those peanut butter taffy things, almond joy/mounds and necco wafers (how are these even still in existence??)

I'm a little sad because this is our first halloween with no kids. In 1998, I dressed up my 6 week old baby in a homemade cow costume and we've had halloween activities surrounding kids ever since. We're not sure what to do with ourselves.
    Melissa

Now Hosting: Cleaning out the Game Closet - a De-stash Chunky swap -due July 10

5. Thanks Vicki Z thanked this post
    Likes Vicki Z liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was surprised to find more than one website promoting "THE LIST" of favorite Halloween candy, so the comparison of web lists is fun in itself.

Reeces PB cups seemed to top most lists of "nation-wide" favorite Halloween candy, coming in first on the list last year and second on the list this year.
    People do seem to like their lists........

I had to look up "Take 5". Its ingredients sound yummy.
    Now I have a craving to have one.

7. Likes Haagmm liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dislike all three top Halloween candies for MA: Sour Patch kids, Butterfinger and Double Bubble Gum
    Soft spot for Necco brand as they were made in MA up until last year.
    But, then, I'm not much for candy anymore -- do like chocolate with nuts, like Almond Joy.

9. Thanks Vicki Z thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So...... Oregon's most popular Halloween candy is Reese's cups. Nope, never liked them.
    California (state where I was born and lived until 2006) - Skittles. Nope. Never. Did those even exist in the 60s?
    Washington (where I lived from 2006 to 2018) - Salt water taffy. Eww!!

It seems the only state where the top candy is my ACTUAL favorite Halloween candy (at least on the several lists I could find) --- Mississippi with Snickers. I couldn't find the list that has Arizona and Snickers, but I think I'd prefer to live there over Mississippi (hurricanes and alligators just are NOT my thing). I also enjoy Almond Joy and Mounds. But I've also cut out most sugar from my diet now. Sigh.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - E. Burke I have a new address as of 6/2020 so be sure to ask for it!

11. Thanks Vicki Z thanked this post
    Likes jo.on.the.go, Vicki Z liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got this one done this morning after my 3rd cup of coffee. It's loosely based on Yosemite Falls, only the trees around Y.F. don't change colors.

Attachment 210800 - Autumn Waterfall.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - E. Burke I have a new address as of 6/2020 so be sure to ask for it!

13. Likes mrubyjean, Vicki Z, Haagmm, Seascape131 liked this post
    jo.on.the.go is online now going, but not until the corona virus is over
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    To those who knew....I just got home from my knee surgery. Into the surgical center at 10:30 and home by 1:30. All went well. No pain, but I think I’m pretty much drugged up. Thanks for the well wishes from those who knew. I will be pretty much immobile but my art stuff is now on the same floor where I am parking myself. I will have plenty of opportunity to do more art

15. Thanks Vicki Z thanked this post
    Likes Ancient Planter, Vicki Z liked this post
    jo.on.the.go is online now going, but not until the corona virus is over
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Snickers are my favorite by a long shot

17. Thanks Vicki Z thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just popping in to say that I am SO sorry for being 'missing in action'... things have just spiralled out of control these past few days and I just haven't had a minute to myself. I'm about to take the kids out to trick or treat; I'm hoping to find time when we get home, but nothing is guaranteed
    Happy Halloween everyone xxx

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been working last 15,5 hours. No cards today.
    My chunky page list and APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya all, and Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it!

Thanks for the invite, Donna. I had this marked in my mental calendar well in advance, and was looking forward to it, but then I too had procrastinated with other duties so Wednesday came kind of too early, after all.

We don't celebrate Halloween, or we do in the sense that many folks attend Halloween parties, but they can be anytime before last weekend and the following one, instead of this real date of October 31st. No trick or treating with the kids, either. I did realize in the afternoon (after finishing my writing that was due) that I had movie tickets going old after today, so decided to take our five year old to the cinema after his daycare. We went there by train and he was close to falling asleep a couple of times - it gets dark so early now that he's a little confused - but it was a fun trip nevertheless. Now that I finally got him to bed, I need to crash myself as well. (Crash - is that really a word?)
    Welcome to take a look at my blog, Instagram account and APC wishlist!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sure have missed the athons, making cards and chatting eith you all.

Donna, sorry to hear you have been unwell.

Linda and everyone else in California, I am thinking of you and hoping that you and your loved ones stay safe from the fires. They are a very scary thing indeed.

Jo, happy arting and healing with your knee. It was very wise to set up your art space in a place where you can move most easily while recovering.

Vicki Z, I love seeing your funky cards again and your linking those exciting candy statistics!

Sniisk, how cool that you took travel art supplies on a work trip - hoping that the coming days will allow you more free time than today! I am also glad to hear that you've had a chance to create other stuff recently, though not so much cards!

I'll be back tomorrow at least to say hi, but hopefully for some art making too, in the evening
    Welcome to take a look at my blog, Instagram account and APC wishlist!

22. Thanks jo.on.the.go, Vicki Z, sniisk thanked this post
    Likes jo.on.the.go, Vicki Z liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone! Happy Halloween!

Wish I could play. Dad had a stroke back in September and we are still in the middle of getting him moved into assisted living and cleaning out an apartment with 85 years worth of stuff. I've found a home for half of the furniture - have half to go. The goal is to be done by Christmas. I am hoping 2020 is going to be my year to create art!!!!

Keep up the good work everyone and ART ON!
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent, globe and the new flower stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more today before settling down to handing out yummy boxes of raisins and dental floss to the little kiddies

Attachment 210805 - Cemetery Cat - Traded
    Last edited by Ancient Planter; 11-01-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    We handed out Full sized candy bars, yes, my husband is that guy. I hid in my craft room because they were watching a scary movie, and I get nightmares from stuff like that.

I am still sorting out stuff in my craft room so I got some stuff done. I am NO WAY close to sorting this stuff, out of my "parlor".

If you remember I had a son move back in OCT 1st which meant, I had to clear out a bedroom to make room for him. So its has been slow and in stages of moving stuff from one room to another. I really wanted to be done by NOV 1st but no way. Oh well. I am a do it right person, not a do it fast person. And I cant just throw it all away. I have a box of stuff for the thrift store, a box for the used book store, a box to give to others on swapbot. A box to make a flow journal for a friend. It is coming along.

SO I made NOTHING!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps you will make something wonderful tomorrow, CQ!

I made this Halloween Day Parade Grand Marshall with his Candy Corn Baton.

Attachment 210806
    Candy Corn Parade Grand Marshall - #10 - TRADED
    .....Note Candy Corn topping the Official Baton

Anoka, Minnesota, is the "Halloween Capital of the World", and there were 60,000 people in attendance at this years' Parade.
    How do they count that many people, anyway?

As I was looking for a candy corn to top the Grand Marshall's baton, I found a recipe for
    CANDY CORN COBS
    I don't believe it......

Check this corn on the cob candy corn recipe out!
    https://www.delish.com/holiday-recip...rn-cob-recipe/
    Last edited by Vicki Z; 11-05-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we gave out about 350 pieces of candies - Reese's were the top pick, then KitKat, then Hershey's chocolate bars, and for some reason the Almond Joys weren't that popular. I've got about 10 of those left. We also gave out 10 toothbrushes. Those were my "trick," but some kids took them. One boy (12 or 13) took a toothbrush to impress the girls he was trick or treating with, so one of the girls grabbed one, too. She was obviously trying to get his attention - so adorable! We also would request a "trick" in return and we got some dancing, some songs, a few ballet pirouettes, and one cartwheel. Kids are apparently driven to our neighborhood from all over Medford. Some of the little kids' reactions to our decorations were definitely worth the effort, and as we were hiding in the quiet back part of the house after running out of candy (except for Almond Joys) Alan said that next year he wants to "go bigger." Uh-oh.

I also gave out one doggie cookie -- our next door neighbor's little girls were Disney princesses (what's "The Descendants"?) and her golden retriever was dressed as Dumbo so I had to run in for a cookie for Luna! It was a very impressive Dumbo costume.

And here's my spooky Halloween story. Alan needed an extension cord yesterday afternoon that he'd left in the attic last Halloween. Access to the attic is a long ladder in the garage, over a concrete floor. He pulls the ladder down and climbs up (I insist on being there, just in case the 68-year-old on blood thinners falls). After several minutes of silence I decided to climb up, too. The ceiling in our garage is extra high, so it's a long climb. I just poked my head up into the attic space, looked around for Alan and, not seeing him, called out "Where are you?" The response was right next to my ear - "Get Down!" Okay, but no one was there. I could see a good 10+ feet in all directions and no one was there. I called out to Alan again, just in case it could have been him, and this time I got a muffled "over here." It wasn't Alan, so I took the 'suggestion' and got down. The day we moved in we had a priestess bless the house and she said she only felt good vibes in the place, but I have heard noises from the attic (which runs across the whole house) that made me wonder some times. It wasn't an ominous "Get down," but more like a strong suggestion.

And now... on to November!

28. Thanks Vicki Z thanked this post
    Likes Vicki Z, jo.on.the.go, Seascape131 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    BUT wait, did the hubby re appear?

What does he have to say?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got some time to sit
    Here are: