Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: Good Riddance! Due March 18th

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will do!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    33
    Gallery Count
    8
    Comment Count
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need some advice/opinions. I was trying to create a card about no more construction. I have included the front of my card and the inside of my card. I don’t have a color printer, and my drawing skills aren’t that good so I flipped through magazines and found this picture. Is it ok? As you see by my profile, I am a newbie especially to mixed media. I am not sure what the rules are, and I don’t want to be offensive or anything. Thanks for your help.
    IMG_2314.jpgIMG_2316.jpg

  3. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
  4. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it!!! Sometimes you just have to stop for a while, right? Who wants to live in all that rubble? Even if the end result is so worth it… ;-)

  5. Thanks KreationbyKris thanked this post
  6. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    15,452
    Gallery Count
    159
    Comment Count
    333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh please do add me to the list, I will play. I found some images of purses and shoes and I am going to see what I can do around that mass closet clean out I did a time ago.

  7. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yay! I’m so glad you decided to join in. I’ll add you now.

  8. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stopping by to check in. It’s been quiet today.

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    LuAnnP I just saw your Amazon card and I LOVE it!

  10. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Topeka KS USA
    Posts
    232
    Gallery Count
    192
    Comment Count
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Apologies for posting one L-O-N-G post

    Hello All!
    I joined this swap early... but then had a hard time coming up with ideas!
    I made the first card yesterday, and three more today.
    I have posted the cards to the gallery, but I also made a blog page with better images.
    https://pepperwoodatcs.wordpress.com...good-riddance/



    The Amazon Card has little detachable cards that say
    I will watch fewer videos
    Support Local Businesses
    No more Impulse Purchases



    The Facebook card has similar attachments.



    "A Happy, GOOD Good Riddance" is bittersweet: It celebrates sending my grandchildren's out-grown toys to the thrift store so other kids can enjoy them.



    The full title of the tree card is "Good Riddance to the Tree That Also Shed Thousands of Tiny Seeds That Sprouted All over the Yard and Needed to be Picked"

    It is hard for me to keep this post short because experiencing this swap at this time has been REALLY IMPORTANT to me.

    I have enjoyed seeing the bookshelf card and the 10-pound duvet card and the remodelling card.

    I have enjoyed hearing about rosemary and fabric yo-yos and "cleaning out your junk drawer and doing a card depicting the things you tossed? In a kind of scientific manner..."

    I truly appreciate being a part of this group!!!!! Thank you to ALL (and I apologize if I missed recognizing something wonderful that YOU posted....)

  11. Likes Marie, KreationbyKris, CastleQueen5 liked this post
  12. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow LuAnnP! What a warm and charming post!!!! I LOVE your cards!!!!! Facebook and Amazon are such powerful cards.... taking your self back, yes?

    My favorite is probably the toys card. It’s so poignant. I recently gave a whole tub of ‘rescue heroes’ to the little boy next door after my youngest grandson told me all my toys were “boring”. Yea right little buddy. He was just trying to manipulate me into going to the store to buy new toys. That’s not going to happen on demand. But since he is done with all those rescue heroes I knew a kid who really really love them and they are so out of here. Win/win. Just didn’t think to make a card of it. I absolutely love yours. :-) <3

    No.... my favorite is the tree. My nemesis was a rose of Sharon. Did everything you said AND drew Japanese beetles.

    Are we secret twins or something?!?!


    Well done!!

  13. Likes KreationbyKris liked this post
  14. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    33
    Gallery Count
    8
    Comment Count
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cards are in the mail. It may take awhile because we are the middle of a winter storm, and here in Texas we don't do snow and ice. Thank you Marie for organizing this swap. I feel like these cards need a little explanation:

    Good Riddance!.jpg

    Good bye mugs-I got rid of a lot of mugs in my kitchen
    Trash to treasure-In order for the Rosemary to be nice and bushy, you need to trim it. So I said good bye to some of my Rosemary, but I left a gift for the recipient of this card.
    No more Construction-This is a house card that opens to show a construction worker. Over the pandemic, we started some remodeling. After missed deadlines and people in the house with no place to go, we said enough. We might start other project whenever this pandemic is under control.
    Purge-I cleaned out my closet, and it is wonderful. I can get to my craft stuff. This is the card that represents cleaning my closet.

  15. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    152
    Gallery Count
    0
    Comment Count
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LuAnnP View Post
    Hello All!
    I joined this swap early... but then had a hard time coming up with ideas!
    I made the first card yesterday, and three more today.
    I have posted the cards to the gallery, but I also made a blog page with better images.
    https://pepperwoodatcs.wordpress.com...good-riddance/



    The Amazon Card has little detachable cards that say
    I will watch fewer videos
    Support Local Businesses
    No more Impulse Purchases



    The Facebook card has similar attachments.



    "A Happy, GOOD Good Riddance" is bittersweet: It celebrates sending my grandchildren's out-grown toys to the thrift store so other kids can enjoy them.



    The full title of the tree card is "Good Riddance to the Tree That Also Shed Thousands of Tiny Seeds That Sprouted All over the Yard and Needed to be Picked"

    It is hard for me to keep this post short because experiencing this swap at this time has been REALLY IMPORTANT to me.

    I have enjoyed seeing the bookshelf card and the 10-pound duvet card and the remodelling card.

    I have enjoyed hearing about rosemary and fabric yo-yos and "cleaning out your junk drawer and doing a card depicting the things you tossed? In a kind of scientific manner..."

    I truly appreciate being a part of this group!!!!! Thank you to ALL (and I apologize if I missed recognizing something wonderful that YOU posted....)
    These are fantastic!

  16. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    152
    Gallery Count
    0
    Comment Count
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KreationbyKris View Post
    Cards are in the mail. It may take awhile because we are the middle of a winter storm, and here in Texas we don't do snow and ice. Thank you Marie for organizing this swap. I feel like these cards need a little explanation:

    Good Riddance!.jpg

    Good bye mugs-I got rid of a lot of mugs in my kitchen
    Trash to treasure-In order for the Rosemary to be nice and bushy, you need to trim it. So I said good bye to some of my Rosemary, but I left a gift for the recipient of this card.
    No more Construction-This is a house card that opens to show a construction worker. Over the pandemic, we started some remodeling. After missed deadlines and people in the house with no place to go, we said enough. We might start other project whenever this pandemic is under control.
    Purge-I cleaned out my closet, and it is wonderful. I can get to my craft stuff. This is the card that represents cleaning my closet.
    Great cards, and thanks for the tip about the rosemary!

  17. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kris your whole set is great! Mugs just keep creeping in don’t they? I love the ‘ but not goodbye coffee’ part! Gosh I love rosemary. Wish I had a plant. Maybe that will happen in the spring... hmmm...

    Well done!

  18. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mails here! EatSleepWriteABook your cards are here. Fantastic set! Thank you for the hostess card too. That was very nice of you!

  19. Likes EatSleepWriteABook liked this post
  20. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    15,452
    Gallery Count
    159
    Comment Count
    333
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot about this swap. I am still in. I will feel better next week to work in my craft room.

  21. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope so Heather. ((Hugs))

  22. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    152
    Gallery Count
    0
    Comment Count
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Mails here! EatSleepWriteABook your cards are here. Fantastic set! Thank you for the hostess card too. That was very nice of you!
    I'm glad they arrived!

  23. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    33
    Gallery Count
    8
    Comment Count
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well after 2 days of single digit temperatures. I lost my rosemary bushes. Austin, TX looks pretty sad because a lot of our tropical plants did not survive. Hopefully, the freeze is early enough so it won't hurt the wild flowers of March. Luckily, rosemary grows very well, and I should have a thriving plant by next year. And I shouldn't complain, we didn't have any burst pipes. Just had to get creative with water and heat. I am thankful. Hopefully, this is Good Riddance to Winter.

  24. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,171
    Gallery Count
    45
    Comment Count
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texas has had SUCH a rough time... I’m showering love and support in your direction.

  25. Likes KreationbyKris liked this post
  26. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    15,452
    Gallery Count
    159
    Comment Count
    333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your rosemary plant. Maybe good riddance to freezing temperatures.

  27. Likes KreationbyKris liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •