Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Postage stamp ATCs - SPACE~ Due June 20

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    vickiZ and cleopatra- your cards arrived in today's mail
    Last edited by Donnacr; 05-21-2021 at 06:05 AM.

2. Thanks Vicki Z thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone's cards should now be in the mail if they are to arrive in time - thanks to everyone who has already told me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My cards were mailed at least ten days ago - maybe two weeks.
    Didn't realize I hadn't let you know ~ sorry!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for understanding.

The kidney is in, and it works. I am exhausted. and its too early to go to bed.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping this makes a huge difference in his life. Nah, you can go to bed. Or take a nap. Permission granted.
    "And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?" Luke 12:25, 26

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went for a little nana nap last night at 6pm and woke up at 9am this morning - if you are tired go to bed, permission granted and example given
    Hope his recovery is everything he, and the doctors, want it to be with many years ahead of him.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is home today, In some pain, as expected, walking. eating, PEEING. He hasn't done that since 2019. Or much of that. He sure can do a urine test. BUT now he can. Who knew how excited a group of us, at the Mayo Clinic are about URINE. I wont be tied down to his care as much as I thought. When my hubby had stem cell transplant he could not be left at home alone for even an hour.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how I wish I'd seen this swap earlier. I actually have stamps related to space! Next time for sure. I know the whole mail situation. It's even tough within the U.S. and taking 2 - 3 weeks in some cases just to travel from one end of the state to the other end.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    TrinaLD - have a quick look at the first post, it has all the future swaps listed till the end of the year. Easy to plan ahead as all swaps are due on the 20th of that month. I hope to see you in a future swap in this series

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry but I lost the last week with a dose of flu - have been holed up in bed hugging the tissues and racked with a cough (negative COVID test).
    During that time cards arrived from: mrubyjean and craftyraffe while haagmm's cards arrived today.

13. Thanks mrubyjean thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are on the mend!
    Must be Gelli 'cause jam don't shake like that!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks betsyg, starting to feel more like myself but still waking up at night coughing.

jo.on.the.go is offline I want to go, go, go; but it is still no, no, no
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just found out about the neatest FREE item you can get from the post office.

Every quarter the post office publishes a catalogue featuring all of the newest stamps, plus some older ones that are sold by the post office. You can subscribe by going to the web site: usps.com/philatelic. There are pictures of the stamps, and wonderful backgrounds, and it tells when the stamps are first being offered. When I filled out the form, I saw that it has a drop down box for country, which leads me to believe that even if you don't live in the US, they will send you the catalogue.

The site also sells some cute PO-related gifts: tee shirts, a mug featuring the newest Chinese New Year image of the rat, kids' toys of PO vehicles, tote bags (there is a fantastic T rex tote bag that isn't outrageously expensive), and Christmas ornaments.

I found out about the catalogue because it was on a reading table where I now live. I am not sure when the issue was published, but it appeared recent because some of the newer stamps identified are not yet available in post offices.

All of you stamp addicts might be interested in receiving this publication.
    Iím hanging out in a different tree... no longer Aspen. Now it is Beech. PM me if you need the specifics.

17. Thanks Vicki Z thanked this post
    Likes Vicki Z liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Australia Post does the same thing - a quarterly magazine of all stamps to be issued that quarter, also includes all coinage releases for that quarter.
    The best thing is that it also includes when the stamp issue will be withdrawn from sale.

luckycat479 - your cards arrived today

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jo.on.the.go View Post
    I just found out about the neatest FREE item you can get from the post office.

Every quarter the post office publishes a catalogue featuring all of the newest stamps, plus some older ones that are sold by the post office. You can subscribe by going to the web site: usps.com/philatelic. There are pictures of the stamps, and wonderful backgrounds, and it tells when the stamps are first being offered. When I filled out the form, I saw that it has a drop down box for country, which leads me to believe that even if you don't live in the US, they will send you the catalogue.

The site also sells some cute PO-related gifts: tee shirts, a mug featuring the newest Chinese New Year image of the rat, kids' toys of PO vehicles, tote bags (there is a fantastic T rex tote bag that isn't outrageously expensive), and Christmas ornaments.

I found out about the catalogue because it was on a reading table where I now live. I am not sure when the issue was published, but it appeared recent because some of the newer stamps identified are not yet available in post offices.

All of you stamp addicts might be interested in receiving this publication.

AWESOME find, jo.on.the.go.
    Thanks so much for sharing the information.
    Last edited by Vicki Z; 06-13-2021 at 06:54 AM.

20. Thanks jo.on.the.go thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    vickiZ - I do appreciate you signing up to many of my swap

I am swapping the cards today and mailing returns, I am also just writing up the thread for the HEADS swap so keep an eye out for when it becomes live.

Here are my cards for this swap - I have been a Trekkie since the original series, watching it in secret with my brother after my parents went to bed (it was shown THAT late in Australia). I used the original quote on my Enterprise card as it shows the original Enterprise NCC 1701 - Next Generation changed the 'no man' to the all-inclusive 'no-one'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

22. Likes jo.on.the.go, Betsyg, mrubyjean, AngelJoy liked this post
    jo.on.the.go is offline I want to go, go, go; but it is still no, no, no
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love your cards Donnacr, especially the third one.
    Last edited by jo.on.the.go; 06-13-2021 at 08:10 AM.
    Iím hanging out in a different tree... no longer Aspen. Now it is Beech. PM me if you need the specifics.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Spock! I didn't think of myself as a Trekkie, but I watched tons of the shows.

I put my August "Heads" cards in the mail today! Woo hoo!
    "And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?" Luke 12:25, 26

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    plumhill2001 - wow! you are organised, I will tell you when they arrive.

for anyone who receives a card from Fandanie - she has sent cards for this swap but has not signed up so you will be unable to leave Rep points. Don't let this worry you as she has also not answered numerous PMs I have sent her