Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning out the Game Closet - A De-Stash Chunky Swap - Due July 10

Due Date: July 10, 2021
    Number of Chunkies: 3 for 3
    Number of Participants: 12 FULL
    Media: Mixed Media

Cleaning out the Game Closet - A De-stash Chunky Swap

For this swap, I will be mailing an envelope of game items that I stashed last year when we cleared out the game closet and our family room. Each envelope contains puzzle pieces, game instructions, crossword or other paper-based game, game money, assorted game cards, scrabble letters, wii instructions, cardboard coins, and a tiny plastic piece from ‘Operation’.

Swap Requirements:
    -This is a no withdrawal swap. I will leave neutral itrader to those who don’t complete the swap.
    -You need to use at least 3 of the stash items on each chunky. Just like the T2T swaps, using it can mean cutting it, flipping it over, distressing it, etc. Please add other items from your own stash, as well. These are meant to be finished pieces of art, so please put in the time and create a focal point.
    -Please list the items used on the back of the chunky or on a separate note.
    -Chunky pages should be 4 x 4 inches in size, securely made & sturdy. If you can bend or fold the chunky pages easily, it is too thin. One piece of card stock is not thick enough. Think cereal box thickness, at least. I use kids board books from the dollar store. (I can usually get a 6 page book for $1)
    -Chunky pages are 2-sided. The back does not need to be elaborate, but decorate it in some way (a decorative paper is fine). Also include your information on the back: name, AFA user name, swap name, title, location, etc.
    -Embellishments, fibers, and dangles are encouraged, but not required. Depending on the weight, postage cost may be more.
    -Chunky pages that are received that are not sturdy or do not follow the rules will be returned to you at your own expense. It is not fair to the other artists that follow the rules. So, please take the time to read over the requirements.
    -Please leave half an inch on the left side without embellishments for binding purposes, but don't leave it plain. It should still be part of the page, but the receiver should be able to punch holes for binding (if they choose).
    -Do not add binding holes (the artists that receive them will do that themselves).
    -When you sign up, let me know that you have read the requirements and are aware that this is a no-withdrawal swap. Also, send me your address in a PM so I can send an envelope your way.

-To participate in swaps on AFA, It is never required to send a host card (or a chunky). May I suggest, to save you on postage, that if you wish, surprise me with some item from your stash or some fancy trash, instead of a 4th chunky? The mailman might appreciate it too.

Mailing:
    -Protect your chunky pages in some sort of protective plastic (like sandwich baggies), and package them securely in a small bubble wrap envelope. I will re-use the envelope when I send returns.
    -Please include a large label with your name and address clearly written on it.
    -All artists must pay for their own return postage; either well concealed cash or U.S. stamps. U.S return postage will be approximately $4. I will cover the costs of the initial envelope of de-stash goodies.
    -Artwork that arrives late, will be returned at your expense.

Please share your artwork in the thread. It is always inspiring to see the work of others.

When you receive your returns, please leave itrader for me and rep points for the artists whom you receive work from.

Who wants to play?
    0. haagmm
    1. ferretgirl - stash rec'd 5/11
    2. aznfg - stash rec'd 5/18
    3. AngelJoy - stash rec'd 5/14
    4. samaranavi - envie mailed 5/10
    5. dnewton972 -stash rec'd 5/11
    6. Fandanie - stash rec'd 5/10
    7. catladybj -stash rec'd 5/19
    8. kehlenn - stash rec'd 5/15
    9. Heathermae77 - stash rec'd 6/4
    10. Juju -stash rec'd 5/13
    11. Betsyg - stash rec'd 5/17
    12. sqeek - stash rec'd 5/21
    13. CQ5 -stash rec'd 5/26
    Last edited by Haagmm; 06-04-2021 at 08:24 PM. Reason: adding envies rec'd
    Melissa

Now Hosting: Monochrome Green Coins

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to join. I've read the swap rules & realize this is a no withdrawal swap. Will PM you my address.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will also join. I read the rules and understand them.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ferretgirl and aznfg!
    Melissa

AngelJoy is offline I am a beloved child of God.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish to join the fun and have read and agree to the rules. Have PMed my address.
    I love to trade -- just ask: ATCs Availabe for Trade (also three tags in Mail Art for Trade)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW very generous of you to send the items!!!
    Sure, I will play.
    Thanks again.
    Samara
    @samaranavi
    Bohemian Mama

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome AngelJoy and samaranavi!

Envelopes going out today to ferretgirl, AngelJoy, dnewton972 and fandanie.
    aznfg - I need your address
    Last edited by Haagmm; 05-08-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    Melissa

8. Thanks AngelJoy thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to play. Thanks for inviting me. I have read the rules and understand I may not withdraw.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pease sign me up for this swap. I realize this is a no withdrawal swap.

dnewton972 is offline And God created PURPLE! Amen!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in! Was hoping you wanted some of my “stash”. Hahaha. I realize no withdrawals. I welcome the challenge!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in, purreez!
    I have read the requirements and understand this is a no withdrawal swap.

I hope I'm not the only one that likes a truly CHUNKY- chunky! I believe in making them Very dimensional, Flat is not chunky!
    I don't mind having to pay a bit more for postage.

What I routinely use for my chunky base are these cool little 4by4 board books that can be obtained at Dollar Tree. They come two to a pack, and are Sesame Street or some such. They are sturdy enough that you only have to use a sheet of scrapbook paper or cardstock on each side. Because they have a shiny surface I usually make some hash marks with my scissors and maybe pull off a little bit of that glossy paper to make sure my glue has some teeth. I have received ATCS and Chunky's made on single pieces of cardstock before, I don't know why the host let those go through.
    I've also picked up some same type of board books that are cut out like a puzzle piece. I may use those if I can't find my stash of the regular ones.Those would make a neat set of Chunky's.
    Looking forward to this!
    Last edited by catladybj; 05-08-2021 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Correction
    Bonnie
    ^ ^ One Can Never be Owned by Too Many Cats!!!
    >*<

13. Likes Haagmm liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy to kick in an extra dollar, or some stamps if somebody needs some help with postage. I realize that a lot of people have gone to flatter Chunky's because of the postage costs, but I hope we can have some really chunky Chunky's!
    Last edited by catladybj; 05-08-2021 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Didn't Proof read 1st!
    Bonnie
    ^ ^ One Can Never be Owned by Too Many Cats!!!
    >*<

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catladybj View Post
    Count me in, purreez!
    I have read the requirements and understand this is a no withdrawal swap.

I hope I'm not the only one that likes a truly CHUNKY- chunky! I believe in making them Very dimensional, Flat is not chunky!
    I don't mind having to pay a bit more for postage.

What I routinely use for my chunky base are these cool little 4by4 board books that can be obtained at Dollar Tree. They come two to a pack, and are Sesame Street or some such. They are sturdy enough that you only have to use a sheet of scrapbook paper or cardstock on each side. Because they have a shiny surface I usually make some hash marks with my scissors and maybe pull off a little bit of that glossy paper to make sure my glue has some teeth. I have received ATCS and Chunky's made on single pieces of cardstock before, I don't know why the host let those go through.
    I've also picked up some same type of board books that are cut out like a puzzle piece. I may use those if I can't find my stash of the regular ones.Those would make a neat set of Chunky's.
    Looking forward to this!
    I am right there with ya!! I love chunky embellishments and danglies!! My husband and I have been blessed to not have employment issues throughout the pandemic so I am happy to chip in an extra dollar or two for postage.
    Melissa

16. Thanks catladybj thanked this post
    Likes catladybj liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome catladybj and kehlenn! Your envelopes will probably go out on Monday. I'll post for sure when I mail them.
    Melissa

18. Thanks catladybj thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to play

20. Likes Haagmm liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathermae77 View Post
    Would love to play
    Welcome Heathermae77 - please message me you address and I'll get your envelope in the mail
    Melissa

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up please! I have read the rules and understand I may not with drawl. Thank you for hosting, I look forward to trying my hand at this!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Envies went out this morning to samaranavi, catladybj, kehlenn and Juju. They are going non-machinable so I expect they could take a week to arrive.
    Melissa

24. Likes Juju liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Melissa, Got your envelope yesterday. Will probably start working on them very soon...

26. Thanks Haagmm thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I in time? Add me if I am. I understand it is a no withdrawal swap.
    Must be Gelli 'cause jam don't shake like that!