Chinese New Year - Year of the DRAGON, Due February 15, 2024

Your Acrylic & collage on watercolor paper ATCs are lovely, but I am not certain from your link if they fit into the Swap theme of Chinese New Year.
Thanks for the feedback! I was creating based on the flower guidelines (below). I also used Chinese mulberry paper which had these pink flowers on it & accented them with acrylic paints. But I'm totally not offended if it doesn't read well for the swap theme & you want to send the cards back :)

"You can depict flowers. Flowers are great alone, and can also make excellent backgrounds. The Peony is known as "flower of riches and honour" or "king of the flowers", and is used symbolically in Chinese art. It is a flower much favored for Chinese New Year. The Narcissus is a symbol of the beginning of a new year. It is a symbol of good fortune and prosperity in Asia. Cherry Blossoms symbolize spring, the new year, and new beginnings. Daffodils are for luck. Peach Blossoms feature in the Lunar New Year celebrations."

Thanks for the feedback! I was creating based on the flower guidelines (below). I also used Chinese mulberry paper which had these pink flowers on it & accented them with acrylic paints. But I'm totally not offended if it doesn't read well for the swap theme & you want to send the cards back :)

"You can depict flowers. Flowers are great alone, and can also make excellent backgrounds. The Peony is known as "flower of riches and honour" or "king of the flowers", and is used symbolically in Chinese art. It is a flower much favored for Chinese New Year. The Narcissus is a symbol of the beginning of a new year. It is a symbol of good fortune and prosperity in Asia. Cherry Blossoms symbolize spring, the new year, and new beginnings. Daffodils are for luck. Peach Blossoms feature in the Lunar New Year celebrations."
Thanks for the feedback.
I very much appreciate your taking the time to clarify.

Last edited:
I am very discouraged that you haven't received my envelope. I sent it at my local post office at the counter. Am baffled as to what has happened:confusion:
Please do not be discouraged.
Mail has been weird, and sloooow.
There is still time before swap deadline, plus I am waiting on numerous other envelopes anyway.
HAVE HOPE!!!!!!!

Cards received from sarat.
I am so glad your ATCs arrived!
From the envelope, they apparently took the scenic route to get here.:alien:

Still a few sets missing, and this site allows a little bit of flex, so I am hoping the remaining ATCs show up over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom