What in the Whedonverse!? Handdrawn / Handpainted, due Sept. 1st

burningthirteen

ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date - September 1st
Signup/withdraw date - Any time, just communicate and leave time for mailing.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 12

What in the Whedonverse!?
This is my first swap, so please, come join me in this historic moment!

This swap is for all things Joss Whedon in the Whedonverse. That means that you can do something from:

1. Buffy
  2. Angel
  3. Dr Horrible
  4. Firefly
  5. The Avengers (movie)
  6. Dollhouse
  7. Anything else whedonesque you can think of, including Joss himself!!

Rules
- All cards must be handdrawn or handpainted.
- All cards must be sturdy and standard ATC size
- Please be kind to the postal service and keep your cards flat!
- Include your real name, username, and swap title on the back of each card (Other information such as title, date created, medium used etc. are also welcome).
- Put you username on the back of your envelope and SASE (helps me stay organized!!)
- Put all your cards in protective sleeves if at all possible.
- PM me for my address when ready.
- Host cards are not required but greatefully accepted.

For US participants
- Please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) with 45 cents (or forever) postage.

For International participants
- Please include a return address label. I'll cover international postage.

Starting Lineup
0. BurningThirteen
1. miss AKA Serenity Stowaway(received)
2. sasjhwa AKA The First Avenger
3. AnnD AKA Our Mrs. Reynolds(received)
4. dedwar24... I mean Ghandi
5. alffly AKA Johnny Snow's nemesis
6. westonwyse AKA Mr Pointy
7. nanner AKA Dr Horrible in a brown coat(received)
8. mellyr AKA It could be bunnies
9. HeatherLeeArt AKA The 'Active'
10. Kheelan AKA Angel Investigator
11. SunTrade AKA The Slayer(received)
12. art_junkie(dropped)
13. pixiecorpse AKA The S.H.I.E.L.D.

We are all full!

Last edited:
Ooh! Trying to cut back on swaps, but I can't resist this. Feeling bad that I couldn't fit Firefly in for Ann's swap, so this is the next best thing :)

Yes Dollhouse! I was actually going to do a card from Dollhouse, but I forgot to list it. Will have to fix that. Maybe Topher, or Adelle, or Echo, or Adam... so many choices, what have I done???

They had a Firefly marathon on yesterday and I watched some. I find it interesting how he used a lot of the same actors...bad with all the names but captain of Firefly was bad preacher on Buffy, goddess woman on Angel is on Firefly...one ep in Firefly had a guy whose voice I recognized (he was the one storing extra organs internally) & realized was the guy Buffy had a fight with that Spike had sired in the last season in Conversations with Dead People...was Jane from Firefly in Dollhouse too?...definitely Alpha...

Yeah. I like that, you get to like and enjoy the characters based on the actors that portray them. It goes beyond that. Nathan Fillion was Mal on Firefly, Captain Hammer on Dr Horrible and later Rick Castle on, well, Castle (non-Whedon). In the past season Jayne (Adam Baldwin) was Castle's partner on an episode. It was kinda awesome. Oh, also on Castle, a halloween episode starts with Castle dressed up as a "Space Cowboy" that looks suspiciously like Mal.

does it have to be people, or anything that represents them?

Hi Heather,

Characters are great because they are easily recognisable, but you don't have to draw people, you can use anything that is from the whedonverse as long as it is something unique to it.

For example, you wouldn't make a card for a stick, but you could make a card for Mr. Pointy.

or

A briefcase would be right out, but a briefcase full of wonderfloniom would be right on!

I may have to use my freeze ray on you if you don't want to sign this browncoat up! (Please.)

:elvis:

Back
Top Bottom