The Enchanted Forest, Due Date February 20th

Welcome into the woods, Rachel.

LemurKat I think it's just a wonderful Swap Idea, I can't wait to start my cards. You just ignore if anyone says otherwise
I'm pretty sure she didn't mean it that way! I would suspect she meant it was a bad idea that she join something else at the moment. I'm just kinda teasing her ^^

Yay, Locke! Come and play in the funny mushrooms. If you're lucky, you might catch a gnome ^^

Welcome to my forest.

Two places to go.

And watch out for pixies - I think I saw one just over there pretending to be a parrot.

Well Now that the holidays are pretty much past, I will have the time to start hitting the swaps hard again. I have my idea just haven't executed it yet. So did you all have a nice holiday?

Holiday? What holiday? The closest I had to having a day off was when an earthquake closed the store halfway through the 23rd. I had the 24th off and did some family stuff, and then more family stuff on the 25th, before back at work on Boxing Day to clean up. Christmas is exhausting!

Where do you work LemurKat? And you need to tell them that we all think that they should treat our little LemurKat better

Thanks Jennie! They treat me pretty well - I work with a good bunch (although if you could talk them into giving me a payrise, that would be awesome). but, I work in retail and this is our busiest season. Alas, the earthquake closed our store for Christmas Eve - our biggest day retailing and probably cost us around $30,000 worth of sales. Dang you earthquakes! And now people are reluctant to come back into the shopping mall again...

Hopefully the earthquake will make people want to shop for things that were damaged in the quake, Or shop to get their mind off of it. You would think that they still need gifts for those that they missed. Did it damage the mall at all? Other than making a huge mess of stores.

Do you just get used to all of the earthquakes you've been having or are they all a panic.

A lot of people are no longer happy being inside malls - despite the fact that ours is still safe but there are signs of damage everywhere. It was the only mall not opened on Christmas Eve - which makes people nervous (it was closed for 6 months after the Feb 22nd one).

That's such a shame, but I'm afraid I'd be leary too. 15 months and 7000 earthquakes, that's a lot for anyone to handle. I don't kow how you do it. I think I'd be camping in the backyard by this point. These aren't like 3.0 rattlers, this was a big 5.8 earthquake Christmas Eve. I'm sure that we see pictures of the worst, but you would have to be a very strong person to move on with life day after day with all the destruction and death. I really don't think I could do that

That's such a shame, but I'm afraid I'd be leary too. 15 months and 7000 earthquakes, that's a lot for anyone to handle. I don't kow how you do it. I think I'd be camping in the backyard by this point. These aren't like 3.0 rattlers, this was a big 5.8 earthquake Christmas Eve. I'm sure that we see pictures of the worst, but you would have to be a very strong person to move on with life day after day with all the destruction and death. I really don't think I could do that

Most are 3-4.8 rattlers, although we have had quite a lot of 5+ ones. And there was a 6.0 one an hour after the 5.8 one that broke two of our three glass windows in the store (safety glass, luckily) and brought down some chunks of plaster in the mall. Luckily at that point we were all outside, watching from the open area across the road (and getting sunbaked in the heat). The 5.8 knocked a few things off my shelves at home - mainly small, light knickknacks and the 6.0 flung all my books onto the floor. Again. And I'd recently organised them properly. Grrrr....

It's hard to cope with - this one was probably more annoying than terrifying because noone was killed and most injuries were minor or indirectly related - like heart attacks or strokes, and most of the buildings that were already coming down have been helped along instead of new buildings being damaged. BUT, for the poor people who have had to shovel liquifaction (mud that bubbles up from beneath the earth) for six or so times now, they must be wanting to just give it all up. If I were in that situation, I would be out of this place. As it is, I'm thankful that we rent, not own, and that our house has sustained only minor damage. How long is it going to go for? I wonder. It could be years...

They're back up on the shelf now. Just missed a 4.8 magnitude quake cos we were out shopping and driving in the car at the time.

Catlady and Spineofafish - you've made it in.
Hiddentreasure, you are currently top of the waiting list.

Welcome to the Enchanted Forest, watch out for the lemures.

Back
Top Bottom