The Enchanted Forest, Due Date February 20th

I'm in........yeah. Will need your addy to mail cards..I loved making the cards for this swap....Here is a peek at the cards I'm sending.

1_enchanted_forest_swap__Taking_bunnie.jpg
1_enchanted_forest_swap__Riding_a_Swan.jpg
1_enchanted_forest_swap__Mushroom_abode.jpg
1_enchanted_forest_talking_tree_1.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work folks! I'm going to start on mine next weekend - I'm away for a few days, so this will be something good to work on.

Cards received today from Rogalaca and Rachel Marie! Beautiful work and thanks for following instructions splendidly ^^

Thanks for letting me know, Evalila. I have sent my address to Spineofthefish

Also... as those of you who have participated in my swaps know - I try not to let anyone off emptyhanded - that is to say, I like to send a piece of art to everyone who participates. This usually leads me to make up to 12 different cards for each swap I host.

This time, however, I was feeling more like working on larger pieces, so instead of making individual cards, I am making 9 cards that are each a part of a larger image.

I realise this is a 12 member swap - so I guess I'll have to make some stand-alone cards too. Or send prints.

Anyhow, because you are likely curious here is the linework for it: http://lemurkat.blogspot.com/2012/01/enchanted-forest-inked-stage.html

Big black lines to not appear on card. They are to indicate where the cards will connect.

Evelyn great cards

LemurKat as usual your line drawings are mavelous just can't wait to see it with all of the colors. Will your new book be in print on amazon?

Yes Jennie, I have just orderd the proof copy so once I approve that, it will be available. I'm hoping for April 1st, unless I find any glaring errors in the proof that require the ordering of a second proof copy.

You are so amazing to me. I wish I could come and meet you in Portland this summer

And here's the completed piece:
http://lemurkat.deviantart.com/art/The-Enchanted-Forest-281823159

Dissecting it into 9 was a little trickier than I expected - the right hand side turned to be wider than the 2.5 inches required, and I had to do a little construction trimming. Still, it mostly worked okay. If any of you that have already send in your cards would like to select a particular character, let me know.

Wow! lemurKat! It's wonderful the colors are so clear and bright. Makes me wish mine were sent in already. Love the house. Mine are getting there and should be going out Monday. Is it alright to send this swap and the parrot swap together if I send 2 of everything?

Combine if you like Jennie, I might try and combine on the returns anyhow, since I think both swaps finish around the same time. It saves on postage and time.

And here's the completed piece:
http://lemurkat.deviantart.com/art/The-Enchanted-Forest-281823159

Dissecting it into 9 was a little trickier than I expected - the right hand side turned to be wider than the 2.5 inches required, and I had to do a little construction trimming. Still, it mostly worked okay. If any of you that have already send in your cards would like to select a particular character, let me know.

It looks like the cover of a story book. I can look at the picture and see a story full of wondrous adventures. Love your work and colored pencils take forever to get that depth. I can appreciate the work that went into it. Look forward to meeting you in Portland.

Back
Top Bottom