Songs about Jesus! - OPEN MEDIA - May 4, 2017

BekaH

Probationary User
Media
Swap Due Date - May 4, 2017
Signup/withdraw date - None, just COMMUNICATE
Number of Cards - 3:3 or 6:6
Number of participants - UNLIMITED
Medium - OPEN. Collage, hand drawn or painted, sewn, etc.
Theme - Songs about Jesus! (Christian song lyrics. Can be contemporary or traditional -- For more detail please see description.)

2vtdusn.jpg

We all have songs that speak to us! (And isn't it even more awesome when those Songs celebrate our saviour?!) Songs that get us through tough times, remind us of our Lord's grace and mercy, or just remind us how blessed we are to live another day! You may use any appropriate images for your cards, but PLEASE be sure to use at least one verse from a Christian song - the songs can be contemporary or traditional hymnals - whatever speaks to your heart. PLEASE site the song and artist (if applicable) on the back of your card. PLEASE if you have ANY questions, feel free to ask. And please note that this thread is not open for debates or criticisms, only celebrating the word of God through art and fellowship with other believers.

The Rules:

*All cards must be 2.5" x 3.5" with straight edges, otherwise they´ll be returned to you. If they take more than one stamp to send, please include the same amount to return.

* Best work only please. I try my best to swap effort for effort. Please only send in art you'd be happy to receive

* Please sign up by posting to this thread ONLY, NOT through a PM

* No problem if you have to drop out, but please let me know. No cards and no communication will result in a neutral iTrader... I HATE to do this, but it's only fair to the participants who DO turn in cards on time.

* Each card should be sent in its own plastic sleeve. I CANNOT stress this enough.

* Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards. We can't leave Rep Points if we don't know who you are.

* Please make sure to package your cards to where they arrive safely and undamaged. You would not believe the number of envelopes I have received with sides or tops torn (and this is in individual trades!)

* Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your name and address CLEARLY typed or written on.

* USA participants - Please send the same number of stamps to me that it takes to mail your cards. INTERNATIONAL participants - I can accept paypal ($2) or (3) unused US postage stamps or ($2) well concealed US dollars. Please let me know when you are mailing them what method you will be using to pay for return shipping.

* If you must send a LARGE envelope, please include accurate return postage.

* Please allow enough time for your cards to get to me. I plan to swap on time. If cards are not in my hands by May 4, they will be returned to you, using your stamped envelope. I am in TN. If you are in doubt of how long it will take you to get your cards to me, I advise to mail at least 14 days ahead of time.

* Please send me a PM when you need my address.

* Host cards are not required, but definitely appreciated.

****MOST IMPORTANTLY - Have fun!

PARTICIPANTS:

1. Jfaskdown***
2. Lalka***
3. CastleQueen5***
4. AngelJoy***
6. Jodi
7. An. M. Sudyka
8. Sillylily41***
9. CiCiCreates***
10. Locatray
11. Clsimmy***
12. Loladog

*Names of players in colors are those I have received cards from.

Last edited:
Signing-up, please! About 30 years ago it seemed that the quality of contemporary Christian music was very minimal. Today there are so many wonderful artists who create impressive quality products. Exciting times if you are a music lover! Can't wait to start on my cards... so many ideas...

Last edited:
Jodi - you choose the lyrics from your favorite contemporary or traditional Christian Music and include the lyrics on Your card somewhere.

Hem, angeljoy, cindylou - thrilled to have you all!

If it helps others to decide if they want to join the swap, here are some of the lyrics I am thinking of. I'll also add the artist (if contemporary) and song title to the back of my cards:

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound..."
"Our God is the lion, the lion of Judah..."
"He's roaring with power, and fighting our battles"
"There is no healer like the Lord our maker..."
"Into the darkness you shine..."

There are so many! :)

Sounds awesome and its all I listen to and for sure have favorites so can i join in too? One other question, do we also decorate the background?
Sorry for all the questions!:wub:

Jodi - yes. Please include any appropriate images or collage technique you like with your lyrics :)

Lurking for now so that I can subscribe to this thread. Don't want to forget, when I am ready! Love the theme, I have a hymnal from a church I attended years ago, with many wonderful ideas for songs to illustrate.....So, I'm sure it won't be long before I am ready to sign up.

Mine are done. I used an old hymnal for the collages.
1_The_Prodigal_Child.jpg
The Prodigal Child
1_The_Cross_of_Jesus.jpg
The Cross of Jesus

1_Tell_Me_The_Old__Old_Story.jpg
Tell Me The Old, Old Story
1_Precious_Promise.jpg
Precious Promise

Back
Top Bottom