Garden Variety Swap: Veggies and Veggie People! Open Media ~ Due Date: July 6, 2017

mrubyjean

colorful soul
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date ~ July 6, 2017
No sign up/withdrawal deadline, but please communicate!
Number of Cards ~ 3 for 3
Number of Participants – Unlimited
Open Media.​

1_Eggplant.JPG
1_rutabaga_dance.jpg
1_peapod_baby.jpg

Welcome to the
Garden Variety Swap: Awesome Veggies and Veggie People!
Returns Mailed : Tuesday July 12

This swap is a celebration of vegetables, in all their realistic or whimsical glory!
Each card should be inspired by a vegetable, but where you go from there is up to your desire and imagination.

If you would like to draw beautiful realistic eggplants or carrots, this is the right swap for you!
If you would rather create dancing rutabagas or whimsical baby peas sleeping in a pod, this is also the right swap for you!
And I have a broad definition of vegetables, so feel free to include the controversial really-might-be-fruit “veggies” like tomatoes, pumpkins and avocados, etc​

Swap Requirements ~
* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* This swap is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.
* All cards must be original and each card must be different.
* Show off your talents. Send work into which you put time and care.
* Please protect your cards with plastic sleeves.​

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include a clearly written SASE.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and I will cover postage.​

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. Please post in this thread when you are sending your cards out, that way I can keep track of the cards when they were mailed. Any late cards will be returned.​

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. People like to know where their little artworks find home.​

Who feel artistically inspired by your vegetable garden?

dithespy
xela7072
sillylily41
Allegrae
*kay
*Feorinda
JoyceG
Clarinell
BluSkyHare
JSilver
TrailRider
*Katroush
RhonaPaints
poonwugget
Suzi
DeniseMDupree
acalla

Last edited:
I'm working on some samples...and I have made the first post clearer...but this is a swap for both vegetable cards of any style AND veggie people cards! So no, veggie people are optional.
This is a veggie-inspired swap...all veggie cards welcome!

Oooh, this is cool, I like the idea of whimsical veggie people, but I'll have to lurk for now and see if I get enough time with my other swaps happening. Good idea!

Since you have posted an Eggplant ATC, I am assuming you are accepting fruits, such as zucchini and squash, as well as vegetables.
Please confirm.

I don't intend to split hairs, but I don't want to create inappropriate cards, and my first choice as a "vegetable" is a zucchini and what about peas which are botanically fruits, but most people call them vegetables?

Last edited:
Yes Vicki...there is a statement in my first post ~

I have a broad definition of vegetables, so feel free to include the controversial really-might-be-fruit “veggies” like tomatoes, pumpkins and avocados, etc.

This goes for all the delicious naturally grown edibles that folk like me think are vegetables...peas, zucchini, squash...never would have guessed they were not :wideeyed:

Your zucchini and pea cards are great! Welcome to the swap!

I am soooo sorry.
I didn't see that in the first post.

Hey, I asked a question, I didn't sign up yet.........

Back
Top Bottom