smallgirl

Loves bears!
Media
Albums
Due date: March 1, 2019
Withdraw date: just let me know before the due date
Number of cards: 3:3 or 6:6, if more than 7 players
Number of players: 20
Media: open, with a real postage stamp with a woman on it (see details below)

Celebrate International Women's Day-March 8, 2019

For this swap, you will need to dig through your postage stamp stash for postage stamps featuring women. These could be political figures, national heroes, entertainers, athletes, or even women mythical characters (like Wonder Woman or Anne of Green Gables), etc. The women don't have to be famous; you might find a stamp of women working, doing art, exhibiting a national costume, or promoting women's health initiatives.

Card Requirements:
1. Each card should feature at least one real postage stamp with a woman prominently featured on it, what you do with the rest of the card is your choice...mixed media, extending the scene, adding quotes or found poetry all could be fun! No copies, images or prints of stamps, use a real postage stamp, ideally a cancelled one since they are free!
2. Cards should be positive/pro-woman. Please NO snarky cards or cards that are anti-man. This swap is meant to celebrate women and their achievements and victory over struggles.
3. Keep cards relatively flat, fibres should be fine, but thick or metal embellishments will be stuck in postal machines
4. All cards should be 2.5" x 3.5" with straight edges
5. Include your username, real name, and location on the back of your cards
6. Please submit only cards that you would love to receive in return!

Rules, Mailing, Swapping Out:
1. I will be swapping apparent effort for apparent effort cards
2. PM me for my address when ready to mail. I moved in March 2018.
3. No cards/communication by swap due date will result in NEUTRAL iTrader
4. Host cards are loved and treasured but never required to play.
5. Mailing:
Canadian players: 1 “P” ($0.90) stamp for 3 cards, 2 "P" stamps for 6 cards
US players: $1 USD for 3 cards, $2 USD for 6 cards
International players: $2 USD for 3 cards, $3 USD for 6 cards
6. Send a large self-addressed label or self-addressed business sized envelope for your returns
**If you send Canadian stamps, be sure that they have not been used (ie. No stamps that missed cancellation on another envie.)
7. Mail in Canada can take a long time. Allow 10-14 days outside of Canada, 5-7 within Canada
8. Please mail promptly as I plan to swap the cards the evening of March 1 (late cards will be returned unswapped).

Examples by smallgirl and ann_stebbing

Who wants to play?!
0. smallgirl
1. Suzi
2. miss
3. Pouringdiva
4. Donnacr
5. CastleQueen5
6. Nanvan
7. BlueSkyHare
8. Vegan4animals
9. BlancoLobo
10. Cocoanap
11. Cheyeanneshea

Last edited:
I love this theme! Can I use photocopied postage stamps rather than the original stamp?

Hi Vegan4animals! So glad you are interested in this swap! The rules state that you must use real postage stamps only, so no photocopies, but thanks for asking! Real cancelled stamps can be purchased fairly cheaply on etsy and eBay, or you can do a supply trade with our generous members here at AFA! :)

Let me see if I can get some stamps tomorrow! I have a local store called Tinkertopia that sells miscellaneous craft supplies cheap, including boxes of old stamps. Until then, I'm going to rest on the lurkers couch lol.

Sounds like a good idea! Good luck!

Welcome, nanvan!

CQ5, those stamps sound interesting. Canada post also put out a set of first responders stamps but it was a mix of men and women. Last year they also did greatCanadian women skiers, I might try to get those to use to send the returns :)

I went through my big box of stamps, and was a little disappointed in how few women I found. Don't get me wrong, I have more than enough to come up with cards for this swap, but I thought there'd be more for some reason...

Back
Top Bottom