Postage stamp ATCs - PEOPLE Due: May 20

I worked on my cards today. I have been working on them for a few days. I finished these, but the thing is the orange gem flower and the blue gem flower are kind of chunky. That blue chunky gem flower just insisted it belonged there though. So I stopped arguing. I might not send those two and work on more in this theme, but thought you would like to see some photos

1_vintage_people_postage_stamsps.jpg

1_exploring_.jpg

SEE THE GREEN PAPER ON THE CARD WITH THE BIG CHUNKY BLUE FLOWER GEM? I was mentioning that I left the envelope on the back of the stamp, and it looked better than the same stamp without the green envelope paper still attached.

I've always wondered if hosts WANT us to give hints at which cards we want, or if they prefer to make that decision themselves. I'll have to be a little more sledge hammery in future! :)
(Love Seascapes watercolor cards!) :wubclub:

When I host, I don't mind if people give hints about which card they want. I do track it, and try to give anyone who expresses a preference at least one of the cards they admired. I make a note of ALL the hints, so if the same card is liked by more than one person, hopefully one of them has expressed a liking for another card as well so I can give them that one. Is that clear as mud?!!?

They are pretty CastleQueen5, I like the first one, with the green butterfly. Something about the colors, make me really like it!

Thanks, I got a small mini envelope of odds and ends, and the flowers used on the cards were inside. I liked how the cards did a great job of using up the contents of the envelope. Someone else send me the vintage stamped images. They seem to have come together in their time.

welcome back spineofafish - I remember being in swaps with you when I first joined this site.

Love all the cards that are being shown and will tell people when they arrive. I have been inundated with mail over the last couple of days and am slowly making my way through it. I will update this post and the first post as I reach your letter.

Bunnymther and Haagmm - your gorgeous cards have arrived and been acknowledged.

PLEASE NOTE: I have checked with my Post Office and mail is considered an 'essential service' so it is not likely to be stopped, just slowed down as the airlines are cutting their schedules to everywhere.

This means that mail can get in to and out of Australia - I know that some European countries have closed their borders for mail but I intend to post the next swap in this series, as per schedule, in about a week's time.

Last edited:
I would like to join. However I have a major problem that I can't post my cards because my new computer is not communicating with my printer. I will have to wait until it is safe to hire tech guys to come out and solve my problem. So I am just sharing two cards I scanned using the old computer before it died. I also made copies of my other cards (my printer copies but not scans) and if I ever can scan, I will scan the copies. Or maybe, Donna, you could post my cards.

View attachment 214322 John F. Kennedy (the background is from a greeting card; it is not something that I drew.)

View attachment 214321 Buzz Lightyear, the cartoon character.

The other cards I made are:
Clown: features a US stamp of clown from Hagenbeck Wallace Circus, plus a HD clown and circus tent
Queen Elizabeth: features three UK stamps of the Queen, plus HD Buckingham Palace
Tom Sawyer: features US stamp of Tom Sawyer, plus HD fence and paint can and brush
Moon Man: features French stamp of the first moon landing, plus HD moon
Statue of Freedom: features US stamp depicting the head of the statue located on top of the US Capitol Building, plus HD US Capitol Building. The statue was created by Thomas Crawford (1814-1857) and was installed in 1863.

yes, plumhill2001 your cards have arrived but I discovered, after giving your iTrader my computer refused to talk to our router
angelJoy - your cards have also arrived

jo.on.the.go - welcome and I have noted your problem (how frustrating!!) and will scan your cards when they arrive. Have you mailed?

I would like to join. However I have a major problem that I can't post my cards because my new computer is not communicating with my printer. I will have to wait until it is safe to hire tech guys to come out and solve my problem. So I am just sharing two cards I scanned using the old computer before it died. I also made copies of my other cards (my printer copies but not scans) and if I ever can scan, I will scan the copies. Or maybe, Donna, you could post my cards.

View attachment 214322 John F. Kennedy (the background is from a greeting card; it is not something that I drew.)

View attachment 214321 Buzz Lightyear, the cartoon character.

The other cards I made are:
Clown: features a US stamp of clown from Hagenbeck Wallace Circus, plus a HD clown and circus tent
Queen Elizabeth: features three UK stamps of the Queen, plus HD Buckingham Palace
Tom Sawyer: features US stamp of Tom Sawyer, plus HD fence and paint can and brush
Moon Man: features French stamp of the first moon landing, plus HD moon
Statue of Freedom: features US stamp depicting the head of the statue located on top of the US Capitol Building, plus HD US Capitol Building. The statue was created by Thomas Crawford (1814-1857) and was installed in 1863.

Buzz Lightyear is ADORABLE! ;)

nanvan - I would have been very disappointed without your cards (and very encouraging comments). Do you want me to join you up in advance, as I have done for Haagmm and CastleQueen5?

I would like to join this swap please. Now with the Corona lock down I think it is nice to start making cards again (I stopped one year ago) Simone (Siempie_h)

nanvan - I would have been very disappointed without your cards (and very encouraging comments). Do you want me to join you up in advance, as I have done for Haagmm and CastleQueen5?

I'll probably participate in all of the postage stamp swaps, but I don't want to commit until I get closer to each deadline. Especially with the pandemic and all the uncertainty in the world. Feeling really stressed, worrying about everyone - want everyone to stay safe and healthy. Trouble sleeping at night and trouble making cards - hard to concentrate. (That's probably more information than you needed. LOL!)

Back
Top Bottom