Postage stamp ATCs - PEOPLE Due: May 20

welcome siempie_h - if you have any questions feel free to ask either in the thread or send me a PM.

spineofafish - I will tell you when they arrive

jo.on.the.go - I can't believe that I didn't have a month for birds :no: Would people like me to add a month to the series so that we could use up all our bird stamps or do they want them included in September's 'Land animals'?
My original plan for September was to accept any stamps EXCEPT cats, dogs and butterflies (which all had a month of their own) so frogs, insects and dinosaurs are very welcome then.

I didn't even notice that we didn't have a "bird" swap - I even gathered lots of bird stamps together in anticipation of one.

I'd like a bird swap - love cards with birds.

Nancy

welcome siempie_h - if you have any questions feel free to ask either in the thread or send me a PM.

spineofafish - I will tell you when they arrive

jo.on.the.go - I can't believe that I didn't have a month for birds :no: Would people like me to add a month to the series so that we could use up all our bird stamps or do they want them included in September's 'Land animals'?
My original plan for September was to accept any stamps EXCEPT cats, dogs and butterflies (which all had a month of their own) so frogs, insects and dinosaurs are very welcome then.

I’m all for following the Christmas stamp month with a bird month. Then how about a month featuring art? I am thinking of the US series of abstract art, or statues, or famous artists (I think I have a Grandma Moses stamp somewhere), or famous musicians

I like the idea of a bird month.
I was going to do penguins for the land animal month, in fact, trying to be pro-active, I already have 2 ATCs made with the "Penguin Additional Ounce" stamp, but I guess penguins are birds, aren't they? Flightless birds???
I guess I could move those to bird month.
I have lots of birds, and lots of animals, so I could make twice as many cards if we have birds and land animals for two separate months.

And jo's idea of art is fascinating....That might turn into a free-for-all, because in additional to her (above) list, there are many stamps about photographic art (or stamps featuring the photographs of Ansel Adams or others), and the post office mural paintings, two more types of art.
I like the wide flexibility of "art", but maybe not everyone would.

Last edited:
Yes, Vicki, good thoughts about art. The US postal murals stamps are fantastic. And I was just thinking about my Andrew Wyeth stamps.

I like Jo's ideas, too - maybe instead of famous musicians, we could just choose stamps with the theme of music? I have lots of those, but not necessarily of famous musicians.

Mine went out today. I went across the street to our mail box and the mail had already come. But, the mail truck came back with a pkg for my husband, so I was able to hand my letter to Australia to the postal carrier.

I found 3 Santa stamps so I was all set to make 3 Christmassy back grounds...until I lost one of those Santas. Had to make do with a Batman.

Donna I looked at your profile and sent along some silver duct tape and some punchinella. Sometimes new materials inspire new ideas.

Here are my cards for the swap. I will put them in the mail today.

Stunning cards nanvan, I tend to not look at them in order. I am not sure why I do that. I was most impressed with the Nelson Mandela, as I like the way the stamp an background run together, IT seems dignified. I also like the baby with stamp. I am pretty sure the baby is the thing that impresses me, but it could be the succulent on the forefront. But that one comes together nice too.

I dont know much about the other two people, James Dean and Cole porter, to get all gas gas over them, but that isn't to say that the James Dean is Not a well done work of art. It has some great elements all together.

If I could have any I would want Nelson Mandela, and that just proves that I really dont know much about him either. I just like the card.

Back
Top Bottom