FASHION ATC Swap, Mixed Media, Due Feb. 5 2023

Beautiful cards, Robin! Since I love the older period fashions, the top two are my favorites!

Please sign me up.

I was caught by your comment in your first post:
"It will be interesting to see what parts of fashion have impacted us!"

View attachment 236799
1700's Equestrian Attire
Woman's Fitted Riding Jacket

Goes back to the 1700's but clothing was mostly designed for men
Fitted riding jackets for women were introduced in 1928, as a leather jacked called "Profecto"
a copy of such styled leather motorcycle jackets, later worn by Marlon Brandon in his 1952 movie.

Late 1800's
The Seduction of Santa Claus by Ankle Allure

Low Neckline and High Waistline, which lifted the bust line, and pushed and plumped the bodice contents.
Female cleavage was always "in your face", so to speak
BUT, ankles, being constantly hidden by full, floor length skirts, and often high, lace up Victorian shoes, were considered very erotic when caught of glimpse of.
Santa, as we know him, with a red suit, black boots, and a jolly HO HO HO was based on an 1823 poem.
Apparently even he was lured by the siren call of ankles.

...View attachment 236805
1920 Nightgown
Peeking Patty

Christmas Traditions changed from opening gifts on
Christmas Eve to opening gifts on Christmas Morning.
This required "nice", yet "appropriate" pajamas, nightgowns,
bathrobes for Christmas morning group-get-togethers was
neck to foot, loose fitting, body coverage.

2019 Fashion Statement
Faux Fur Rules

.....Fur was banned (originally in California) in 2019
.....Now faux fur is indistinguishable from real fur (they say)

Last edited:
Thank you for these interesting tidbits, Vicki Z. It's quite interesting why we dress as we di!

Robin your cards have arrived! I love the colorful ladies and the quotes as well. Thank you for the host card!

Cool cards, Lazyshadows! I loved a pair of velour bell bottoms jeans I had in 5th grade! I look forward to the arrival of your cards.

Wonderful cards have arrived from Robin and VickieZ. Thank you so much for the host card. I will treasure them!!!

While I'm still curious about the costume vs fashion question, you can go ahead and sign me up. I found a stash of old library card catalog cards on fashion that I'll use in my cards. Here are my first 2:

Fashion, from Concept to Customer and Dress Selection and Design.

1_20221225_113803_copy_1028x755.jpg 1_20221225_113841_copy_698x974.jpg

Back
Top Bottom