Exploring...
Friend of AFA
Swap Due Date –Thursday, May 16th, 2024
Signup/withdraw Date –None; please just communicate
Number of Cards -3 for 3
Number of Participants –Unlimited
Media– Mixed Media Collage
Theme– Gel Plate Printing

This swap is open to your creativity! The only requirement is that the background/base of the card must be created using a gel plate print. Then, simply add whatever collage* elements are inspired by your beautiful background colors!

*Please note that collage = glue! To create a collage, you must glue at least one element to your gel plate printed background. Let me know if you have any questions.

If you're not familiar with gel plate printing, you can check out a great tutorial here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx7Ma28XdsQ

Card Guidelines:
  1. Each card must be a standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
  2. Each card must be original and unique. Please don’t send in cards that you’ve swapped/traded in the past or plan on replicating for swapping/trading in the future.
  3. Any embellishments must be relatively flat and lightweight.
  4. Please send in only work that you have put thought, time, and effort into. Make sure that you are swapping a card you would be happy to receive.
  5. Please make sure that cards have a sturdy background and earn the name “card.”
  6. Each card must be in an individual plastic sleeve (please no connecting photo album sleeves without also including individual sleeves).
  7. Each card should be labeled with the swap name, your username, your real name, date of creation, and your location.

Mailing Guidelines:
  1. Please mail cards in a business sized envelope, spreading the cards over the space of the envelope.
  2. If you tape your cards together or onto a sturdy background when mailing, please use an easy-release tape such as painter’s tape or washi tape. I don’t want anyone’s beautiful artwork to be damaged by tape.
  3. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your return cards.
  4. If you are mailing from the U.S., one Forever stamp should cover the cost of returns.
  5. If you are mailing internationally, please provide one of the following for your returns:
    -One Global U.S. Forever stamp. -Two well-concealed $1 bills. -$2 payment via PayPal.

*When you are ready to mail your cards, please just private message me for my address. If you have it from an earlier swap, it has not changed.
*iTraders will be given when cards are received by me.
*Please note that cards must be received by the due date. No cards and no communication will result in neutral iTrader. You may withdraw anytime before the due date.
*A host card would be greatly appreciated and loved, but is never required.
*Please make sure to leave Feedback for your host (me) and a Reputation message for the artists that created your return cards when you receive them.

*Feedback will be given when cards are received by me.
*Please note that cards must be received by the due date. No cards received and no communication on when your cards have mailed will result in neutral Feedback. You may withdraw anytime before the due date.
*A host card would be greatly appreciated and loved, but is never required. :)
*Please make sure to leave Feedback for your host (me) and Reputation comments/points for the artists that created your return cards when you receive them.

Who would like to play? :)
1. Withdrew
2. Pantlessrobot
3. Butterbean - Received! Reputation
4. ArtSean329 - Received! Reputation
5. 14CarrotGold - Received! Reputation
6. RaineyDay
7. LuK - Received! Reputation
8. Tafkabecky
9. sheshedoesit - Received! Reputation
10. leydab - Received! Reputation
11. ElisabethAnne - Received! Reputation
12. Jill - Received! Reputation
13. kehlenn - Received! Reputation
14. huddlestonmollie - Received! Reputation
15. katiea707 - Received! Reputation
16. orinori
17. LindyLu - Received! Reputation
18. Essy - Received! Reputation
19. Lizzy G
20. Withdrew
21. LindaRae - Received! Reputation
22. Shelly r. - Received! Reputation
23. goatgoddess - Received! Reputation
24. Monica - Received! Reputation
25. mybrokenart
26. TaraMorin

Last edited:
Recently, I started making gel prints and I'm having a blast. As a result, I have tons of gel prints lying around and would be more than happy to send prints to anyone who wants to participate in this swap, but does not have access to the equipment. I'll send prints made on thin deli paper or copy paper that's large enough to cover a whole 2.5"x3/5" card or you can tear them up to make a collage background. You can use them as you wish to explore your creativity.

Just send me your address in conversation and if you have any requests for color/pallet or stencil design and if I can, I'll make it happen.

Cheers!

Well, ArtSean329 is my roommate so I guess I will be able to make my own backrounds, and add some to the give away pile for those who need. Just remember "SHE MADE ME DO IT!!!" any one that needs can pm me also ...share and share alike is as it should be. The videos on how to use the gel plate are fantastic. I can not wait to play with texture and color.

that being said I'm in. I want to play.

tally ho and away we go!!!!!

Well, ArtSean329 is my roommate so I guess I will be able to make my own backrounds, and add some to the give away pile for those who need. Just remember "SHE MADE ME DO IT!!!" any one that needs can pm me also ...share and share alike is as it should be. The videos on how to use the gel plate are fantastic. I can not wait to play with texture and color.

that being said I'm in. I want to play.

tally ho and away we go!!!!!
Welcome! Glad to have you off the couch!