Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough alrea
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date: July 21
# Cards: 3 for 3
# Participants: unlimited

Fabulous Fabric Cards

I love cards made from fabric!

You can sew them, stitch them, weave them, as long as there is fabric somewhere on the card.

Little mini quilts are fun as are stitched pictures.
Something made with yarn.
Something fabric attached to the card.
Sometimes I cross stitch little things and attach them to card stock!
Sometimes I cut the Aida cloth bigger and stitch an entire card then finish and cut it. You are limited only by your imagination.

Please make sure you keep them 2 1/2 x 3 1/2.

There is no theme so just keep it clean and family friendly.

Be creative, stay with what you like to do best or experiment and try something new. Just make sure you send me cards you are proud of, please. In return you will receive cards someone else is proud of.

As a little thank you to every one who plays I am making ATC size alphabet samplers to include with the returns. They are nothing elaborate but I like them. They will be made of single rainbow colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. If you want a particular color please let me know and I will do my best to send it.

I know it is tempting but since our cards are at the mercy of the letter handling machines no bulky embellishments, please! Beads, buttons and such can be fun to use, but they are not fun for the postal machines, the host who has to let a player know their cards were messed up or the player who gets a messed up card so let's keep them flat.

In order to get the cards back to you here is what I need..............

USA folks please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage (a single forever stamp seems to work for 3 cards, but I personally put an extra .21 or forever extra ounce stamp, for an additional ounce, on all my swap return envelopes.). If you think about it my address in the return address corner would be wonderful.

INTERNATIONAL folks enclose an address label, address printed clearly on a piece of paper or long self-addressed envelope. I’ll pay the return postage. (A dollar bill is appreciated, but if you don’t have either please don’t let that stop you from joining in on the fun)

An extra Fabric card would put a smile on my face and would be greatly appreciated, but not required for joining. (I just love collecting ATCs!)

*** I appreciate those of you who want to share your materials, but my talents are limited to cross stitching so what I receive for any other purpose I share with others. I don’t mind passing it on I just want you all to know I do.***

Loose cards sliding around in the envelope can also cause a problem so use a small amount of tape to attach all cards together. (Small amount being the operative words here!)

And last……The most important thing………..Have fun...................

The List:
I have your cards when your name is bold................
I know you have your cards when your name turns blue

kfaye
electricdesigner
xela7072
ann_stebbing
ParadoxSketchbook cards lost in mail :sad:
CiCiCreates
ThouArtDelyrias
sillylily41
CherylS
londonont1
JoyceG
valentina22
Lu*O
Collagaint Ashley
Quilter2
suzi
Feorinda
Ornamentations
mpittman469
jj9jj
JudyLee
Allegrae
Donnacr
ChronicReader
2esmom
Evilmomlady
pennydoodles
aaeshelman
janetmachek
tfelix
Bluesky
catladybj
xstitcher

Last edited:
Welcome all!

You lukers, you know you want to join!! We will be here when you are ready...............

Will be back soon to put you all on the list...............

Last edited:
Looks like we are getting off to a slow start. Maybe this is why no one runs fabric only swaps.

I need to start looking for what I am going to stitch for the swap.

If I can find the time I am going to try and make a card for everyone who sends in cards as as little extra thank you for joining. Nothing to spectacular, just a tiny sampler. It is in my mind, not to get it on paper then thread on fabric.

neca84 sent me a lovely extra stitched card in YES more cats and I think it was donnacr who gave me advice about stitched cards, she did some lovely dragon ones, but I can't rememer for which swap. Wait, yes I do it was Let There be dragons, my very first swap.

Welcome to all who have asked to join.

And to you lurkers...........I am still waiting to put your names on the play list!

Back
Top Bottom