Ghosts Among Us, Due October 6, 2017

Starring Rex Harrison, as in "My Fair Lady"
The ending came as a surprise twist, or it did to me.
Perhaps you will figure it out ahead of time.

In my own defense, I think I was too busy watching the Medium, Madame Arcati, who tries to help things out by contacting the Other Side. I thought she was a hoot!

Last edited:
I am so struggling with this once again. Maybe the eerie car problems I'm experiencing that have kept me off the road yesterday and today (perhaps with good intent) will inspire me or the photos that my friend took of me recently that showed spirit circles surrounding me or the time wayyyyy back when (very way back when) we had a spirit turning on and off the lights in the house where I was visiting. Later, another spirit visited one of the tenants (not a playful spirit). Ah, I have stories from which to pull but how to lay them out.

I am so struggling with this once again. Maybe the eerie car problems I'm experiencing that have kept me off the road yesterday and today (perhaps with good intent) will inspire me or the photos that my friend took of me recently that showed spirit circles surrounding me or the time wayyyyy back when (very way back when) we had a spirit turning on and off the lights in the house where I was visiting. Later, another spirit visited one of the tenants (not a playful spirit). Ah, I have stories from which to pull but how to lay them out.

Give it another try, but if the cards don't come, don't worry about it.
This swap is NOT supposed to cause stress!!!!!:no:

You can make the cards for next year :wacko:
You can send the (ghost) cards in for the "Spooky Halloween Swap" which I am also hosting, but which has a later due date. Ghosts are fine for spooky Halloween, you know :)

Thanks Vicki, I'll let you know what happens. I've got a couple of more days for my own deadline. I'm not stressed out, just frustrated with the car situation I think more than anything.

Thanks Vicki, I'll let you know what happens. I've got a couple of more days for my own deadline. I'm not stressed out, just frustrated with the car situation I think more than anything.

Got ya!!!!
I know!
The stuff that goes on "in my head" is the worst:wideeyed:

Very true. This car thing with the crazy hazard flashers has me and hubby entirely baffled. And it's baffled all of my car friends as well. We disconnected the flashers and we'll try to find a replacement switch. Maybe that's the problem. Oh brother.

I did sit down and watercolor the daylights out of some card and paper last night for backgrounds. I think I might work from one of these background cards and see what I can come up with (something that's not Casper the Friendly Ghost - hahaha - although I always enjoyed reading those comics as a little girl).

Mine are a little non traditional but I hope they are okay! I'm working on cards that focus on disasters/wars and the ghosts those leave behind.

That is fine.
I already have ghosts from Gettysburg, Viet Nam, Wild West Hangings, and Boot Hill.
I am sure yours will fit in fine.

WOW!!!
I didn't think I had a ghost of a chance of picking up any ghostie cards in today's mail, but I was wrong!
SPOOK-TACT-U-LAR cards received from OldsLady1992.

These are AWESOME!
Thanks so much for including a hostie card.

I'm playing with some new materials this morning (just spent 3 days trying to get the ghosts out of the car and filing applications for jobs. My head hurts). I'm still not satisfied, but I'll give it another day or two and then let you know.

Josie, your cards sound quite interesting. I hope to see photos of them.

This morning at the door of the half bath was a roll of toilet paper on the floor. My boys have NO way of getting to the tp stash - and here was this one roll. Somebody at work again!!! LOL!

Oh my!
Everyone's ghosts are active.....I thought it was just me.....

Stuff disappearing, and three days later showing up in a different room.
Stuff I thought I had, but discovered I was out of, purchased more, which then disappeared, and came back with the "original" one I thought I had to begin with.
WTF??!!!! But now I have two, and we do use it!

I can hardly wait until Halloween.....that is when they "usually" get active. :wideeyed::wacko:

I'm playing with some new materials this morning (just spent 3 days trying to get the ghosts out of the car and filing applications for jobs. My head hurts). I'm still not satisfied, but I'll give it another day or two and then let you know.

Josie, your cards sound quite interesting. I hope to see photos of them.

Sorry your head hurts.
Those kinds of headaches are the worse!
Do what you can, but don't stress.
I'm easy to please.

Stuff disappearing, and three days later showing up in a different room.
Stuff I thought I had, but discovered I was out of, purchased more, which then disappeared, and came back with the "original" one I thought I had to begin with.
WTF??!!!! But now I have two, and we do use it!

This happens all the time with my art supplies. The last thing to disappear was my newest gold edging marker......... ghostie likes bling!!!

Vicki Z, my ghosts are being mailed today. I'm pretty sure they will reach you by the 6th. They are all Refugee Ghosts. My scanner's not working so I will photograph and try to get a photo uploaded today. I worked with an entirely new technique for this series. I think it worked out pretty well.

That sounds SPOOK-TACT-U-LAR, Trina.
I am anxious to see what you have created with your new technique.

Thanks for letting me know they are on their way, and double thanks for your perseverance in getting these cards created. You seemed to have extra trouble with these.

Hah, trouble making them and trouble mailing them.

I was at the library this afternoon and saw a mailman. I ran to my car and got the envelope and ran back and caught him before he got in his truck to leave. "Can you please take my letter to mail?" "A bill to pay?" "No, some art for friends." He held the envelope, floated it up and down, and said, "This might be a bit heavy." "Hmmm, I usually mail it without trouble." He shook it some more. "Should I put an extra stamp on just to be safe?" "Yes." "Thank you."

I then had to go back to my car and drive to the USPS location I usually use (I was just trying to avoid a second stop if possible). I waited in line, then when it was my turn, I gave the envelope to the gal and told her that the postman seems to think that it might require extra postage. She shook the envelope and said she didn't think so. She weighed it, and I told her that I need it to arrive by October 6. "It shows delivery by Tuesday." She returned and advised me that one stamp was plenty.

Oh brother. Anyway, I hope they are okay.

Now I can return my attention to your other swaps!

Oh, and the new technique isn't mine. It's actually the tape transfer that you'd mentioned, but it is very new for me since I usually don't even work with collage.

Back
Top Bottom