Allegrae

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date - April 27, 2024
Signup/withdraw date - None; just communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - Unlimited
Medium: Open (except for exclusively digital and photography)

q.jpg

While quilts decorate our homes and keep us snuggly warm, they also unite communities, create lasting memories, make social and political statements, and honor loved ones.

From vintage quilting bees to modern quilting guilds, the time-honored quilting tradition fosters camaraderie and collaboration. Each intricately stitched piece tells the story of the individual who contributed it, reflecting diversity, skill, love, perseverance, and a sense of belonging.

This open-media swap honors everything related to quilts: artisans, tools, history and the finished product. You can interpret the theme any way you choose. Create your own quilt blocks, celebrate colorful patterns, share some of quilting’s history, or go modern. Use fabric, real or faux stitching, collaged and mixed-media elements, or draw/paint your ATC.

Here are some interesting sources of inspiration:
Requirements
  • Send 3 different cards.
  • Your name, user name, swap name, location on the back of each card
  • Cards must be ATCs (not APCs)
Media
All media are welcome, except for exclusively digital or photography. Please keep cards flat. No bulky embellishments.

Mailing
  • Do not send envelopes. I will provide them.
  • Include a large self-addressed label.
  • PM me for my address when you are ready to mail. My North Babylon, NY, address is correct.
Postage
U.S. players:
Please include one forever stamp.
International players: Please include one U.S. global forever stamp or $2.

Deadlines/iTrader
  1. Cards must be received by April 27, 2024. Please allow sufficient transit time
  2. A host card is appreciated, but in no way required. If I’ve missed anything here, please PM me.
Players:

1. allegrae
  2. mybrokenart
  3. BluSkyHare
  4. LuK
  5. Softawoo
  6. CynthiaSillitoe
  7. orinori (withdrew)
  8. leydab
  9. ArtSean329
  10. 14CarrotGold
  11. Makitso (withdrew)
  12. mags
  13. Tillygo
  14. LindaRae
  15. KaHeD
  16. Curtainsforyou (withdrew)
  17. Miss
  18. AmySi
  19. TaraMorin

Last edited:
What a terrific swap idea!
And thank you for the wonderful resource links.

My grandmother and aunts were quilters - and I even have a patchwork quilt made by my great-grandmother, that looks a lot like the image you posted above!

I’ll be lurking while I consider some card ideas.

I'd love to join! Quilting used to be my main crafty hobby. I made tons of quilt tops, but finishing them was so expensive and intimidating that I only fully finished one. But, needless to say, I love the more artistic part of creating the top!

I'd love to join! Quilting used to be my main crafty hobby. I made tons of quilt tops, but finishing them was so expensive and intimidating that I only fully finished one. But, needless to say, I love the more artistic part of creating the top!
Welcome. Softawoo!

Back
Top Bottom