NancyL

plays with color and texture
Friend of AFA
Media
Due date: Friday Febr. 3rd
Number of players: unlimited
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Media: open

I'm sorry I could not attend that tea party you recently held. But my neighbor did go. She had a fantastic time. She especially enjoyed the tea cookies. You'll have to give me the recipe. She stayed until the very end so she was able to tell me about those odd bags. Or maybe they were purses? 3 of them. Who would leave their purse behind? Why? I don't know. My neighbor said you looked inside to find ID. No ID. But very odd items inside.

Your job is to illustrate 3 cards with 3 items. One item per bag. You can include the bag/purse or not. Let your imagination loose. What could have been inside? An animal? a jack-o-lantern? a Christmas tree? gifts?
Don't be stuck on size. It could be a big thing in that small bag.
If you don't draw, you might be limited by what rubber stamps you have. Or what images you can find.

Cards must arrive in sleeves. Cards must be 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches when they arrive.

Mailing information: everyone needs to send along a piece of paper with your mailing address on it. Please do not send the tiny address labels.

US players: send a forever stamp.
International players: I will provide postage

I will provide envelopes for everyone.

Who is ready to show me what was in those 3 left behind bags/purses?

1. lazyshadows
2. TrinaLD
3. An. M. Sudyka
4. cmcarli
5. StitchinWitch
6. BlancoLobo

Last edited:
Hi Nancy, I’m lurking. Do you mean something like this? Not sure if I’d submit this card but just for the idea. The second one shows what’s inside. Lol only because I had my holiday stamps out.

1416FF22-DD93-420A-BDFD-92B022E9ED35.jpg DBAE00B8-6A0B-4001-8F97-83C783E5A0B7.jpg

You can picture the bag or purse or not. What is important is what is in the bag. So it doesn't matter what the bag looks like.
What wild thing/things are in each bag? It can certainly be something that is not usually found in a purse or bag. You can have surreal type things. Like a different size or scale. could you have an elephant in one of the bags? Possibly.

I'm leaning towards handbags. Not sure why someone would bring a paper bag to an event. But it could happen.

I spent much of the past week in bed. Bad head cold. No sore throat. that was a blessing. Stayed home except to get mail. Maybe I am back to the land of the living.

You can picture the bag or purse or not. What is important is what is in the bag. So it doesn't matter what the bag looks like.
What wild thing/things are in each bag? It can certainly be something that is not usually found in a purse or bag. You can have surreal type things. Like a different size or scale. could you have an elephant in one of the bags? Possibly.

Thank you, NancyL! I'm loving these swaps!

Whenever you are finished with these, mail them to me. Seems like there is no longer a certainty that everything mailed will arrive.
2 sets did not arrive for Pockets with a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom