All About Women-Open media, 3/3-Due March 27

Hey, Our breasts are important!!! Nipples too!
Even if they do hang down to our belly buttons.
I wish someone would post a swap featuring breasts (hint hint!) Someone did one a very long time ago, but I don't know if it was here or swapbot.

Oh, and sign me up please. I have one card made!

My cards turned out to be women speaking to current events

When I draw characters, they always tell me their story. Here are what the women said.

AD8F3024-77CC-4857-91F8-0200F5045C22.jpg
I married myself in a lovely ceremony
in Kyoto. Yes, I am happy, thank you.
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-30574801

1548AC32-766E-4FAB-A15C-FAC82FBF5892.jpg
Let my son make a run to the grocery store
without being arrested on charges of
"black man drives nice car."

3149F034-DE8F-4330-A296-364CFCBB7886.jpg
Pale, blue-eyed people did not
cause all the troubles in the world.
No tribe is innocent.

072013B3-C90A-4545-BEEA-3D4C0E1957CE.jpg
No, you misogynistic weirdo,
I will not cover my head or face
unless I want to.

Oh, wow, those are amazing--both the cards and the stories. Are they pen and ink with color added? (Now that I'm starting to do a little more HD/HP myself, I'm always curious what people are using.)

So, glad you like them. I do draw in brush (sometimes pen) and ink, but these cards were drawn on an iPadPro using the Procreate app. I do so many pre-sketches that drawing on the iPadPro turns out to save materials (but not save time--it still takes a long time to produce one of these drawings, especially in color. And, of course, there's the time spent trouble-shooting the printer--gah.)

You know, I've been watching friends explore Procreate and it does take a lot of time...some of the same skills and some new ones with approaching things differently. Such a cool process! Although I would have to put air tags on my styluses (stylui?) because I'd be forever losing them. (Microns are a little cheaper to replace...and then I move a chair because I've lost my phone and there are two dozen Microns...ah, so that's where they went.)

Mail call--Nanvan and Mrubyjean, your fantastic cards are here!

Back
Top Bottom