APC SWAP, FLOWERS with a LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA, 2’s Due September 17, 2021

Themes that might appeal to others.

Cats and something else

Coffee and something else

Tea and something else.

Maybe postage stamps?

Animal of Africa or the jungle or Australia.

I like insects, but not everyone does.

Lots of folks collect Christmas and Halloween apcs. I do not, but maybe you could consider a whole holiday deck. One holiday per month, per Number of the deck.

The only month with no holiday is August

January new years day. ACES
Feb valentines TWOS
March St Paddy's. THREES
April sometimes Easter
May, mothers day. Memorial day. USA
June, weddings, Fathers day
July Forth of July, flag day, USA
August. nothing just breath, go to the beach, beat the heat,
Sept, Labor day USA,
Oct, Halloween
Nov Thanksgiving
Dec Christmas and other holidays.

Last edited:
CastleQueen5, I like your oddly shaped APCs. I don’t have any cards that are shaped differently. I like the cats with something else idea, but of course I would, I’m a cat nut :goofy: I wonder how popular it would be among others. I’ll have to think.........

CastleQueen5, I like your oddly shaped APCs. I don’t have any cards that are shaped differently. I like the cats with something else idea, but of course I would, I’m a cat nut :goofy: I wonder how popular it would be among others. I’ll have to think.........

I do think Cats with something else would be a hit. Then we would have a whole deck of cats. ( I already have one, but hey, would love a second deck)

Suzi just so you know, I am supposed to close on the selling my house SEPT 10th. I am not updating my address til I get it confirmed that the sale is final, and the house we are buying closes. But It does look like my address will change. I would be at my new place in OCT. So most SEPT is safe to send to Phoenix address. With this swap being so close to the end of SEPT and maybe you have to wait on a few sets to arrive. I think we should chat before you mail.

When I mentioned liking to collect oddball decks back in post #40 I was just meaning decks with cool art on the backs, different colors, or really old cards. It's hard to find Poker decks with cool art on the back. The pretty art is usually only found on bridge cards. I only have one deck that's weirdly shaped. Kind of zig zag shaped and too big for plastic sleeves. Not sure I'll find a use for them, but they're cool! :rolleyes:

A cats with something else swap would be fun. Finding enough cat pictures might be a challenge, but not impossible. :)

Suzi just so you know, I am supposed to close on the selling my house SEPT 10th. I am not updating my address til I get it confirmed that the sale is final, and the house we are buying closes. But It does look like my address will change. I would be at my new place in OCT. So most SEPT is safe to send to Phoenix address. With this swap being so close to the end of SEPT and maybe you have to wait on a few sets to arrive. I think we should chat before you mail.

I will check with you before I mail anything out!

plumhill2001, I agree. It isn’t easy to find pretty art on the back of the regular cards. I bought a huge supply of cards when ACMoore went out of business. They were a dime a deck! But they all have an ad for beer on the back! :twitcy:

You hosted a bird APC deck started in 2018, at the same time as a postage stamp deck. Karr3ll hosted an 'Animals in hats' deck at the same time. I remember these well as I would bring the pieces with me to keep busy while I supervised workmen putting in a new kitchen, painting, etc before we moved into our new house.
I would love to fill a cat deck - lots of Tim Holtz cat stamps amongst others

You hosted a bird APC deck started in 2018, at the same time as a postage stamp deck. Karr3ll hosted an 'Animals in hats' deck at the same time. I remember these well as I would bring the pieces with me to keep busy while I supervised workmen putting in a new kitchen, painting, etc before we moved into our new house.
I would love to fill a cat deck - lots of Tim Holtz cat stamps amongst others

I did host the bird and the postage stamp decks, so I kind of don’t want to do those themes again. I am seriously considering starting a cat deck, with something extra. I’ll decide for sure soon.

All of the cards are here, and I will be swapping them shortly. I’ll let you all know when they are back in the mail!

Cards are going in the mail this morning! Great cards, as always! I hope that everyone likes their returns! For those of you who are not doing a joker set, I want to thank you for joining us in this series! Whether you did just a couple of suits, or the Aces all the way down to the 2’s, it was wonderful to have you as part of the fun! It was my pleasure to host, and the cards were so fun and creative! I’m planning a new deck series soon! It will be a similar type theme, since the addition of the “something else” aspect allowed everyone so much leeway and sparked such wonderful creativity! I hope to see you all in future swaps! Stay creative :D

I got my beautiful cards today! Thanks to CQ5 (Russian proverb), NancyL (Mr. Bones Bathes), JEBeck (Serenity) and kehlenn (2 of spades)! Fab job, everyone! And thanks, Suzi, for another fun swap!

I got my returns last week. However, I am having a very difficult time re establishing a password, so I am only on when I have patience.
I really enjoyed coming up with something different for each set of numbers.
I recd cards from Lorna, Donnacr, kehlenn and Fierce Armadillo ( who seems not to have posted in this thread.) Suzi, thanks for hosting this.

I got my lovely returns! Thank you to dsign49, JEBeck, KatieV and plumhill2001. Huge thank you to Suzi for hosting the entire swap series - a wonderful series and wonderful host! Off to give rocks...

KatieV I will owe you rocks and will give them ASAP...:wub:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom