ATC’s: LETTERS, Any media, Due June 18th

Daphne75

ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date: - June 18th
Sign up / Withdraw by date: – June 1st, keep in mind that I am in the Netherlands, sometimes it takes quite a while for cards to get here!
Number of ATC’s: 3:3
Number of participants: 12 max since this is my first swap
Media: Any

:jiggy:My first Swap to Host ! a bit daunted but here goes !:jiggy:

LETTERS !

Here’s the plan:
For this swap you will create 3 ATC’s, each featuring a letter. More specifically, this has to be a letter that is used in your name. You have your full name to choose from, so at least your first and last name and if you’re lucky even a middle or a married name.

For example: My name is Daphne Reijm – de Jong.
This means I get to choose from these letters: A, D, E, G, H, I, J, M, N, O, P and R.

As we all have different names the combination to choose from will be a little different for everybody. Each ATC must clearly have one letter as the star (main focus) and it must be readable/clearly visible when your card is done. You can do 3 x the same letter if you like, or choose different ones for each card. Feel free to get as creative with the background and letters themselves a you can. Some depth/layers to your cards is allways good. Stickers are ok as long as it is visible that you spent more then 5 minutes making the card so to speak. Send in your best work. So… Zentangle that letter, Make it Bold, Colorfull, Collage it, Stamp it, Calligraphied, Painted, Embellished, beautifuly Drawn or watercoloured… surprise me and your fellow players!
I can’t wait to see what you all come up with ! It is ok for other letters (or images and so on) to be on the front of your card als long as the star of the show is unmistakebly visible. (test?: present the card to a schoolgoing child that has learned their ABC’s and they must blurt out the letter that is the star of your card immediatly, if not? Back to the drawingboard or craftroom in this case ;) )

Laying down some…..Rules. Please read and take to heart:
• All cards need to be standard atc size: 2.5” x 3.5”
• All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper)
• All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve
• All cards must be your own original artwork
• Please send in cards that your are proud of and that you would love to receive yourself.
• Please keep your cards flat-ish. This is a personal request only because sticking up and out bits make me nervous when thinking of sending them on. The mailgods frown upon bits trying to poke through envelopes…
• Please make sure the swap name, your full real name and your site name appear on the backs of all ATCs, any other info you want to add is up to you.
• If you need to leave the swap, let me know. I wouldn’t like to have to give a neutral itrader but I will if you don’t communicate. A quick pm or post in the thread is all it takes.

Ready to send in your cards?
-When you're ready to send your cards in send me a PM for my address if you need it.
-Please put your site name and the swap name on the outside of all envelopes.
-A host card is not expected at all but would be treasured for sure.

Participants from the Netherlands:
Please include a SASE with enough postage to cover your returns. At least as much as it cost to send your own cards to me.

International participants:
Please include a large address label or slip of paper with your address clearly written on it. If you are able to, please include a well concealed dollar bill or usable postage from your country. For the US that would be a Global Forever stamp. This would greatly help me in being able to play more swaps. No need to send envelopes, I will provide those. If you are unable to add a dollar bill or usable postage, no worries, just let me know.

Thank You's:
After receiving your returns, please thank the artists who created your cards by clicking on the "You Rock" in one of their posts and please take the time to add a little message. We all love a little appreciation! You can thank your host by leaving an i-trader. I will leave an i-trader when I receive your cards.

Swapping:
I will do my very best to swap effort for effort and media for media. Keep in mind though that this might not allways be possible so if you only want to collect HD/HP for instance then this swap is not for you. I will also look at comments, players profiles and galleries to get a feel for what style of card they would like in return. If possible I will also try to send back letters that are in the players name so they can have a start of a little collection to have a row of ATC’s spelling their name.
If I have all the cards in my hands before the due date I will try to swap sooner.

Some thoughts:
I’m still a newbie here on AFA and very excited to be allowed to host my first swap. This theme has probably been done before. I hope it inspires to try and get the whole alfabet as a sub-collection in your ATC collection or to have your own name or someone else’s name in ATC’s. Maybe collect all the letters of a loved ones name like a child or grandchild or parents and frame those letters. (:idea:Second hand or thrift stores usually have a good selection of frames or framed art work that could be ninja'd for this purpose) That way you’d have a unique and personal piece or art.:idea:

:notworthy:The lovely participants are…..(*drumroll*)::notworthy:

Name in color: cards received

1 - *JenUrebel
2 - *Geonek
3 - *alisl
4 - *Bluesky
5 - *SammiMae
6 - *Amapola
7 - *ThouArtDelyrias
8 - *balletbon
9 - *Rinny
10 - *Patty_R
11 - *Vicki_Z
12 - *Donnacr

Waitinglist:
SunTrade
undercover_otter
BluSkyHare

Withdrawn:
barbwat

Last edited:
Sign me up - I have a ton of letters and love typography! Not to mention I have a ton of letters available to me due to my long name :)

Great cards, SammiMae !

I think polka dots around the R are a vey good idea to finish the card but it is up to you as a creator. If your heart feels the card needs it: go for it :)

Glad you joined ;) I've put you on the list!

Last edited:
Wow ! I love them, what a treat to see them high res :)

To get my scans uploadable I use Irfanview. It's a very good programm that let's you save the scans uploadable for the web and you can lower the size of the file.

I'm still pretty new myself. What helped me a lot is reading the FAQ's. Also, if you can't find the information you need there, just ask. For this you can also try the chat function. Depends on the time of day but sometimes there's people there you can ask things.

Everyone I've met so far has been realy helpfull and patient. All the information and abreviations can be a little overwhelming when you first start. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it.

Since you have your cards ready I'll pm you my address. Be sure to pack your cards so that they are well protected for the big trip over the ocean :)

Welcome to AFA SammiMae :D

Back
Top Bottom