August PAT, open theme, due Oct. 8th, 2020

My APCs for Group 5 and Group 6. I will hold off mailing as long as I can to see if Group 6 fills in.

View attachment 217859

Group 5
karr3ll - cow
LucyMc - owl
katelnorth - dark and creepy Halloween
JudyLee - Vintage Halloween

Group 6
karr3ll - vintage Christmas

Those are lovely, AngelJoy! Thanks for sharing! :)

Hello Folks! Wanted to give you all a heads-up that the swap sign-ups will close next Thursday in order to allow our international players enough time to get their cards in on time. So if you know of anyone that might be thinking of filling in our few open spots, give them a nudge!

*This also means that our mailing deadline for international cards is just under two weeks away on Sept. 10th, which gives the cards four full weeks to travel.* :)

These are the Group 2 cards, and host card, that I mailed on August 21. I really hope they arrive in time.

Attachments

• IMG_6770-2.jpg
    IMG_6770-2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6772-2.jpg
    IMG_6772-2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 4
These are the Group 2 cards, and host card, that I mailed on August 21. I really hope they arrive in time.

Thanks so much, karenr. Fingers crossed for a timely arrival. And love my gorgeous lady! Many thanks! :)

View attachment 218004View attachment 218005View attachment 218006View attachment 218007View attachment 218008

Here are my cards for Group 5 - these are going in the mail on Monday (well, they might go in a postbox tomorrow, if I go for a walk, but they won't get picked up until Monday).

3 of hearts with cows for Karr3ll; A of spades with turtle for AngelJoy; 2 of diamonds with owls for LucyMc; Vintage Hallowe'en A of clubs for JudyLee (this one nearly didn't make it out of the house, Judy!) and a hostie for TSMarie.

If anyone in Group 5 hasn't done my Hallowe'en card yet, just wanted to say, something like this would be fine - doesn't have to be really dark and creepy, I'm just not a big fan of really cutesie stuff. On the other hand, if that's all you have, I'll still cherish the card!

View attachment 218004View attachment 218005View attachment 218006View attachment 218007View attachment 218008

Here are my cards for Group 5 - these are going in the mail on Monday (well, they might go in a postbox tomorrow, if I go for a walk, but they won't get picked up until Monday).

3 of hearts with cows for Karr3ll; A of spades with turtle for AngelJoy; 2 of diamonds with owls for LucyMc; Vintage Hallowe'en A of clubs for JudyLee (this one nearly didn't make it out of the house, Judy!) and a hostie for TSMarie.

If anyone in Group 5 hasn't done my Hallowe'en card yet, just wanted to say, something like this would be fine - doesn't have to be really dark and creepy, I'm just not a big fan of really cutesie stuff. On the other hand, if that's all you have, I'll still cherish the card!

Such a great collection, and I love that hostie! What a cool mosaic lady. Do you know where she's from?

Such a great collection, and I love that hostie! What a cool mosaic lady. Do you know where she's from?

Sorry, I don't remember exactly - it was from a little guide booklet from a museum exhibition, I'm pretty sure, but I'm not sure where (or when) from. But it says in your profile that you like religious iconography, so I thought it might appeal.

Ooh, hang on - just remembered I have part of a page I cut it from! Still not sure precisely where it's from, but the page is headed "Theodora, Justinian's Wife". I'm thinking it might have been from an exhibit at the Barber Institute in Birmingham (http://barber.org.uk/the-last-roman/) That exhibit was mostly coins, so I could be wrong, and I don't seem to have enough of the page to tell for sure (but I definitely went to see the exhbit, so it's possible)!

Originally I think I thought it might be a saint because of the gold halo. But maybe not - anyway, she's still cool.

(OK, I googled a bit more, and it's definitely her - you can see the full mosaic here https://virily.com/culture/empress-theodora-saved-emperor-justinian/)

Just wanted to confirm that my cards DID go in the post on Monday (7th Sept). As that's a month before the deadline, they will probably take 4 days to get to you, lol.

Ooh, hang on - just remembered I have part of a page I cut it from! Still not sure precisely where it's from, but the page is headed "Theodora, Justinian's Wife". I'm thinking it might have been from an exhibit at the Barber Institute in Birmingham (http://barber.org.uk/the-last-roman/) That exhibit was mostly coins, so I could be wrong, and I don't seem to have enough of the page to tell for sure (but I definitely went to see the exhbit, so it's possible)!

Originally I think I thought it might be a saint because of the gold halo. But maybe not - anyway, she's still cool.

(OK, I googled a bit more, and it's definitely her - you can see the full mosaic here https://virily.com/culture/empress-theodora-saved-emperor-justinian/)

Thanks so much for checking! Mosaics show up quite a bit in my "Archaeology" magazines and I just love them. I will have to add a little note to her card so I remember where she is from.

And thanks also for letting me know you've mailed. You're so right about the travel time for your envelope! It will probably be speedy since we've given it so much time. :)

Back
Top Bottom