Be’ Witched By the Heat? - Due July 25, 2014

I am glad to see your curiosity was peaked, and you came to visit.
I am receiving some AWESOME ATCs, and people are coming up with fantastic cards and there is such spectacular creativity.

Hope to see you back.

AWESOME cards catb.

How did you get the two colors on your wax paper technique?
Do you have a technique for making that mountain profile between the yellow and the green?
I have done 2 colors, but just a straight line demarcation.
I haven't used my UTEE for ages, I need to get it back out.
LOVE the crackle paint, covered with embossing powder and dried with a heat gun.
LOVE the nice texture on the heart.

I will let you know when they arrive.
On the waxed paper technique, I inked them, direct to paper. I used one color of distress ink on one half and another color on the other half then I used a third color down the center third. In this case yellow and green with blue, over those two, down the center. The mountain profile was a happy coincidence of the motion of the ink pad when I applied it. Mountains was all I could see. I used a glaze pen to give them some definition.
The UTEE was sprinkled into Versa-mark on a craft sheet, melted and repeated twice more. I colored it with Perfect Pearls, but they didn't give enough color so I ended up coloring them with spray inks. Before I sprayed them I ran the UTEE sheet thru my Big Shot to die cut the flowers.
The heart is my take on a technique I saw on Wendy Vecchi's blog. She used clear embossing paste with the embossing powder. I don't have that so I decided to try the clear rock candy crackle paint. I really like the effect the paint gave.
So glad you like them!

Last edited:
Thanks for the technique details, catb.
It is raining today, and that is going to be my afternoon project.
I really appreciate your detailed response.:wubclub:

There are less than two weeks left until cards are due to me.
I have just picked up today's mail, and I just sent out a reminder to a few of you to get your cards in A.S.A.P.

Mail seems to be moving slow these days, perhaps because the U.S.P.S. closed some major distribution centers, so mail is being re-routed to other distribution centers.

Whatever the cause, please do not wait too long to get your cards sent.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for letting me know, mrubyjean.
I will watch for your cards and let you know when they arrive.

Oh my, JenUrebel, I don't know if I am frightened or excited about the coming to me host card.
I think I will be excited AND frightened....

You are right Hinkeltje,
The cards are all wonderful.

Last edited:
I am sorry Vicki but I am going to have to withdraw as I have only got 1 card made and life is so hectic at the moment I am strugglling for the time to get the others made. :cry:

Be excited Vicki. It came out nice, for a first try at the technique and the foreign language I really hope you like it. It is customized :) so you can't ever think it is lame and pawn it off on someone else :biglaugh: Mine are going postal in the morning.
Jen

Did I pm you or post something about beeswax cards melting in my mailbox? I cant remember If I said something about that? It is late, I should go to bed. Yawn!

I don't see a post in this thread about beeswax cards melting in your mailbox, nor is there a PM from you on the same subject. :confused:

Does this mean the cards are melted to your mailbox, and still there, or are they on their way to me? If they are on their way to me, not to worry. :wubclub:

It is 46 degrees here this morning, so they will harden up before they arrive. :biglaugh:

It has been an AWESOME mail day.
Cards received from catb, mrubyjean, Hally, and JenUrebel.
Thanks to each of you for the spectacular hostie card.

All cards are here, so I swapped out early.
Expect your returns to arrive shortly.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom