Bird is the Word 2 (ATC Swap) - Due Date Nov 16 2015

katelnorth

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
ALL RETURNS MAILED OUT MONDAY, 23 NOVEMBER 2015.
Due Date: 16 November 2015
Withdrawal Date: none, but please communicate
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Max no. of participants: unlimited, but see below for postage requests
Media: open. If your cards are bulky, please allow extra postage.

I ran Bird is the Word almost two years ago, and it was very popular and the cards were great... As I'm running short on US$ and stamps, I decided it was about time to host another swap, and fancied another round of this one. Hope some of you will play again - and of course that we'll get lots of new players!

ABOUT THE CARDS:

All cards for this swap must include two elements: At least one BIRD (more is ok) and at least one WORD (more is ok!). You may of course include lots of other things in the card as well ;)

(Please note that for the sake of this swap, the name of the type of bird DOES NOT COUNT as a word - though you can include it, as long as there are other words also - so a card with a beautiful drawing of a cardinal and simply the word "cardinal" would not fit the swap requirements.)

These two items may be represented in any media - you can hand draw your bird, collage it, use a photograph, stitch it, cut it out of a piece of metal, stamp it, whatever you can think of. You must then include at least one word with your bird - it can be a single word, a phrase, a quote, a song lyric, a poem (found or standard) or again, anything you can think of. You may use any media to include the word(s) - handwriting, typing, cut from book text or magazine/newspaper text, stamping, etc. I've included a few examples below, using cards from the previous swap, but obviously, they won't cover all possible options!

Please put your forum username on the back of every card and also on your return envelope. Enclose your ATCs in clear sleeves wherever possible. When you receive your returns from this swap, please let me know, either by commenting in the thread or by leaving iTrader so I don't worry the cards have gone astray. It would be great if everyone could take the time to leave rep points for all those they receive cards from, as well.

ABOUT POSTAGE, ETC.

UK participants, please enclose an SAE with the same postage required to mail to me (or a label with your address on it, and loose postage to the right amount is ok, too). This will probably be a regular stamp if your items are flat and not heavy, but may be a large letter stamp - be sure to check if your cards are bulky or heavy.

US participants, please enclose a self addressed envelope or a large addressed label and $2 in concealed dollar bills. Alternatively, you can send 2 international mailing stamps (the round ones). $2 may well be more than you paid to get your swap to me, but I will have to pay either £1.33 or £2.25 to return your cards to you, depending on weight. At the current exchange rate that's between $2 and $3.50, so $2 will bring me a little closer to even over the course of the swap. If you would like to enclose an extra $ or stamp to help cover postage excess, that's always welcome!

Other nationalities, pleased enclose a self addressed envelope or large addressed label and I will cover your postage, unless you have access to US$ or to UK stamps or cash, which would be welcome.

Alternatively, if anyone outside the UK would like to make a postage contribution via paypal, that's fine, too - just mention it when you are ready to mail your cards and I'll send the email address.

Remember, mailing times to the UK can vary from 3 days to 2 weeks in the non-holiday season - I'm hoping this swap will finish in plenty of time to avoid the Christmas rush - so be sure to allow plenty of time.

It is not necessary to include an extra card for the host, though they are always welcome!

Please PM me for my address once your ATCs are ready to post (mail).

So, who wants to join? (players linked where possible for easy access to giving rep points!)

0. katelnorth (me! -UK)
1. kitsyru (Canada) cards arrived - returns received
2. magz3 (NZ) - cards arrived
3. bluesky (US) - cards arrived - returns received
4. catb (US) cards arrived - returns received
5. jewels (US) - cards arrived - returns received
6. kiwisci (NZ) cards arrived - returns received
7. castlequeen5 (US) - cards arrived - returns received
8. slaphappyturtle (US) - cards arrived - returns received
9. raineyday (US) - cards arrived - returns received
10. ThouArt Delyrias (US) - cards arrived - returns received
11. CiCiCreates (US) cards arrived - returns received
13. LeeBeth (US) - cards arrived
14. Teresa D (US) - cards arrived - returns received
15. pattisscrappin (US) cards arrived - returns received
16. Annabelle (Australia) - cards arrived
17. beachcomber (Australia) cards missing in transit :(
18. tworighttoes (joined by message) - cards arrived
19. janetmachek (US) cards arrived - returns received
20. supershanimal (US)
21. Outspoken (US) - cards arrived
22. Elena (US) - cards arrived - returns received
23. jhuss (US) - cards arrived
24. Jacqui Chimes (UK) cards arrived - returns received
25. londonont1 (Canada) - cards arrived - returns received
26. miss (US) cards arrived - returns received
27. kr904 (US) cards arrived - returns received
28. WizardoFunk (US) -cards arrived - returns received
29. zmebeach (US) - cards arrived - returns received
30. mouseit (Australia) - cards arrived - returns received
31. Cathy1 (NZ) - cards arrived - returns received
32. nadiabekker (Netherlands) - cards arrived - returns received
33. JasmineJ (US) - cards arrived - returns received
34. ArtsyOne (US) - cards arrived - returns received

Bird ATCs below are from Bird is the Word Swap, Jan 2014. Let Them Eat Cake by TeresaD; Lynryd's Bird by gtds10hx; The Look by Lost Cities; Boundless by Goatgirl; Time Flies by Bluesky; Gypsy Love Song by waffle

Last edited:
mcgillisj, I had you on my list to PM, as you played last time - hope you'll have time for it this time around!

kitsyru, I have signed you up.

This looks so tempting. I'll see what I can put together before committing.... but I'll probably be back. :)

Welcome to bluesky, catb, jewels, kiwicsi and castlequeen5!

HHC, CiCiCreates & ferretgirl - hope you'll decide to come out of lurkdom and join us :)

Back
Top Bottom