Button, button, who’s got the button? - Due November 5th

ICraft

ATC Guru
Media
Button, button, who’s got the button?

Due Date: November 5th, 2010
Sign-up by: October 27th
Withdraw by: October 29th, 2010 - or sooner if you know so players on the waiting list have the opportunity to play.
Number of ATC's: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 30

This swap is all about ATCs with BUTTONS!

One or many,
Whatever you like,
As long as your buttons,
Are on there real tight!

Ideas: Use a single large or fancy button as the focus of the card, use buttons as accents to other objects (like a button in the center of a flower), use multiple tiny buttons as embellishments or trim, or use a specialty button in a scenery type card. You get the idea - as long as there is a button ~ it’s good!

Technique: Collage / Mixed Medium / Any & All Styles are welcome as long as your ATCs include at least one BUTTON and are original works.

Please feel free to combine elements and techniques such as painting,drawing, stamping, embossing, paper piecing, acrylic overlays, stitching, mini quilting, whatever you enjoy.

Points to remember:

* ATCs must be 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 and please place your card in a plastic sleeve after
all glue, glitter, ink or paint is completely dry.

* This will be a 3 for 3 swap. Extra cards for the host are not necessary but of
course are always welcome and definitely enjoyed and appreciated.

* Please include your name, swap name and where you currently live on the back
of your card.

Mailing ~

U.S. Players: Please send a label with your name and address - I will provide the envelope and either 1 - 64 cent stamp or 61 cents in postage stamps depending how heavy your cards are.

International Players:: Need only to send your ATCs and a label with your address - I will cover the return postage. There is no limit on international players.

Mailing tip: Because the cards have a heavier than normal embellishment they tend to slide around in the envelope and can easily leave strange imprints on other cards - also if the cards shift around at the post office they come postage due on my end.

Please mail your cards in a business size envelope (the long ones) take an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock fold it in thirds and tape your cards to that - you will have to slightly overlap them. Using this technique will keep your cards in place and reduce the chances of damage in route.

For even better mailing tips please check out this thread - it has a lot of wonderful info.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

When will you get your cards?
I try to do as fast of a turn around as possible. Cards are due on Friday, Nov. 5th - your swapped cards will be mailed out on Monday, November 8th. Please make sure you cards are on time. Thank you!

I'm looking forward to seeing who will join up and play ~ let's all put our buttons up for display! (Corny huh?)

The first 3 cards below I made for examples and the adorable little tree is courtesy of a new member - Piechot (Thanks for allowing me to post it!) I've got buttons on the brain and posted a new one.

Swap Players:

1. acwoodall - Alabama, U.S.A. - cards arrived
2. rockinrobin - Missouri, U.S.A. - Cards Arrived
3. piechot - Poland - cards arrived
4. Wil Opio Oguta - Almere, the Netherlands - Cards Arrived
5. JeanetteBlac - California, U.S.A. - cards arrived Winner game #1
6. Pennyquilter - Michigan, U.S.A. - Cards Arrived Winner game #3
7. minnkel - Minnesota, U.S.A. - cards arrived
8. Sparkly Girl - Florida, U.S.A. cards arrived
9. Just Ducky - Michigan, U.S.A. - cards arrived
10. RaineyDay - North Carolina, U.S.A. - Cards Arrived
11. mamagoiter - Idaho, U.S.A. - cards arrived
12. Jensaz - Arizona, U.S.A. - cards arrived
13. margoartist - California, U.S.A. (you're lucky 13) - cards arrived Winner game # 3
14. pirategrrl775 - Nevada, U.S.A. - cards arrived
15. louisezee - British Columbia, Canada - Cards Arrived
16. JudyLee - New York, U.S.A. - cards arrived
17. Tinka - Belgium - Cards arrived
18. Mouseit - Tasmania, Australia - Cards Arrived Runner -up game #3
19. alanabannana - Connecticut, U.S.A. - Cards Arrived
20. provinca - Massachusetts, U.S.A. - cards arrived
21. bridgetgethins - Virginia, U.S.A.
22. pstowe - South Carolina, U.S.A. - cards arrived
23. RobbinB - Virginia, U.S.A. - cards arrived
24. akunzel - Illinois, U.S.A. - cards arrived
25. Momoruth - Louisiana, U.S.A.
26. Bluelotusflower - N.Y., U.S.A.
27. HiddenTreasure2010 - Ontario, Canada - cards arrived
28. Deedles - Pennsylvania, U.S.A. - cards arrived Winner game # 2
29. cameo - Texas, U.S.A. - Cards Arrived
30. Donnacr - Australia

Last edited:
Welcome, welcome - I'm so excited to see this great response. Hello to acwoodalll (a repeat player in my swaps) rockinrobin (cute name), piechot (thanks for letting me use your button tree), Wil Opio Oguta(fairly new to AFA), JeanetteBlac(new to my swaps) thanks so much for joining my swap.

Hello, hello - to Pennyquilter(I bet a quilter has beautiful buttons), minnkel (she's got her wheels turning), Sparkly Girl (already working on her cards), Just Ducky, (just recovering from the plague - whew - luckily you got a spot), RaineyDay, (I love when people already have ideas for what they're going to do).

Yay - 2 more players have joined the fun. Arlie707 welcome to the swap and jensaz - oh jen you are officially a regular in my swaps - glad to see ya here girl!

just wondering if the reason we all seem to collect buttons is... we don't sit around in the evenings anymore sewing buttons back on... or darn socks... of even turn collars ???

this is a much better use of buttons... and lots more fun...

You know it Ducky - who sews buttons back on these days? If a button comes off anything I wear it ends up in the Goodwill pile 6 months later - without the button of course. :twitcy:

3 more players - how happy am I? Glad to have you margoartist - and your hundreds of buttons too, pirategrrl775 - heard she has a pirate's booty of buttons, and louisezee - the self proclaimed insane button collector. Now we're half way there to my goal of 30!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom