Church Photo Swap, Due Dec. 1

Cardmama

ATC Novice
Media
Swap Due Date - Dec. 1
Signup/withdraw date - Nov. 17
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 12 WE ARE FULL!!!

Since this is my first swap I am limited to twelve players. Because I have limited funds I can only pay for three international players. I am stealing theweavershand's wording from her adandoned buildings swap since it worked so well there! Hope she doesn't mind.

This will be a photo swap so you will need to photograph churches (abandoned or not) and either print them on quality photo paper in standard ATC size (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) or crop them and attach them to an ATC cardstock or other sturdy backing.

On the back please include your user name, location, date and swap title.

Please send your cards in protective sleeves and include a SASE for your returns.
International players: I will cover postage for the first 3 who sign up. Please include a SASE for your returns.

Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, please remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from!

red = received

So...who wants to play:

1. catscradle
2. lemurkat (international paid)
3. theweavershand
4. minnkel
5. Pennyquilter
6. 3katz (international paid)
7. arlie707 (international paid)
8. Anna Aardvark
9. Fantasia
10. Juzzy71 (international)
11. Wil Opip Oguta (international)
12. 1 of 3 sisters withdrew

Waiting List (so cool to have a waiting list!)
1.notinkansas

Last edited:
Well, me! Please ^^

Here's my favourite church (but I'll get a better picture of it on a sunny day):

View attachment 53746

And here's a couple of Earthquake-damaged churches - am I able to submit them, or would you prefer undamaged?

View attachment 53747 View attachment 53748
(I wish I had a picture of the Edgeware church BEFORE - lord knows, I've walked past it a hundred times)

And of course our most famous and photographed church, the Cathedral:
View attachment 53750

I have a few more churches on my hard drive, but these are the best pictures. There is however a most impressive church in town that I would like to photograph, and one that all withstood the earthquake quite solidly.

Here's the church that was right near the epicentre of the earthquake - NOT my photo: http://www.liturgy.co.nz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/St-John-s-Hororata.jpg as I haven't dared venture out that way. Isn't t just tragic?

Last edited:
Woo-Hoo! My first 2 swappers!

Lemurkat... those are awesome photos. The church at the center is so pretty, it's a shame that it was damaged. Do you know if they are going to demolish it?

Please add me to the list. My husband and I have already been discussing which churches would make really cool pics!! Going out this weekend to snap some photos.

Woo-Hoo! My first 2 swappers!

Lemurkat... those are awesome photos. The church at the center is so pretty, it's a shame that it was damaged. Do you know if they are going to demolish it?

Alas, I don't know. It had just had large amounts of restoration work done on it too (but obviously not including earthquake strengthening)... I have been trying to find a photograph of it undamaged, but no luck on google. It was very pretty.

There's a massive, beautiful cathedral-esque church down Barbadoes Street, which I shall encourage my husband to drive by today when we go out later. It appears undamaged and is most impressive!

Last edited:
Can I join as well please, I may not have my craft room in order but I have my camera

I would love to join this swap. I love old buildings especially churches. I am not sure what postage from USA to Australia costs, but I can put a $1 US in with my cards. Thanks, Justine (international)

Generally, to mail 3 or 4 ATCs between the US and Australia, it runs about $1 US. Heavier cards run more, so I always have my outgoing envie weighed, then add that much for return postage.

Back
Top Bottom