Allegrae

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date - July 1, 2024
Signup/withdraw date - None; just communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - Unlimited
Medium: Open (except for exclusively digital and photography)

Easter Island.jpgFor centuries, the monolithic figures on Easter Island have stood as a testament to human ingenuity. These imposing statues (Moai) have captured the imagination of explorers, researchers, tourists and artists alike.

Now it's your turn to delve into the mystery and create 3 artistic interpretations of these stone giants. Bring the legends of Rapa Nui to life in your own Moai-inspired masterpieces.

Check out the following links for inspiration:
Requirements
  • Send 3 different cards.
  • Your name, user name, swap name, location on the back of each card
  • Cards must be ATCs (not APCs).
Media

All media are welcome, except for exclusively digital or photography. Please keep cards flat. No bulky embellishments.

Mailing
  • Do not send envelopes. I will provide them.
  • Include a large self-addressed label.
  • PM me for my address when you are ready to mail. My North Babylon, NY, address is correct.
Postage

U.S. players:
Please include one forever stamp.
International players: Please include one U.S. global forever stamp or $2 (U.S.)

Deadlines/iTrader
  • Cards must be received by July 1, 2024. Please allow sufficient transit time
  • A host card is appreciated, but in no way required. If I’ve missed anything here, please PM me.

Players:
  1. allegrae
  2. leydab
  3. Tillygo
  4. jo.on.the.go
  5. LuK
  6. TaraMorin
  7. redplantlady

Last edited:
I want to share a card made for me by Just Ducky. Maybe you remember her - she was one of the most enthusiastic traders ever seen at AFA. Sadly, she passed away a number of years ago. She made this for me before I went to Easter Island in 2017. It is a folded card so that it stands up without support. I have always kept it on my bookshelf.

xMade by Just Ducky.jpg

I want to share a card made for me by Just Ducky. Maybe you remember her - she was one of the most enthusiastic traders ever seen at AFA. Sadly, she passed away a number of years ago. She made this for me before I went to Easter Island in 2017. It is a folded card so that it stands up without support. I have always kept it on my bookshelf.

View attachment 789990
I usd to trade with her. She’s definitely missed—and I love the card.

Here are my cards. They will mail on Monday.

Moai on Rano Raraku.jpg Moai located on hillside of Rano Raraku, which is where the quarry supplied the stone for the moais.

Ahu Huri A Urenga.jpg Ahu Huri A Urenga. This is a four-handed moai, the only one known on Easter Island. The symbolic meaning of the four hands is ubknown.

Ahu Ko Te Riko.jpg Ahu Ko Te Riko. This is the only ceremonial platform where you can see a complete moai. It is located near the town of Hanga Roa. The headpiece, a pukao, comes from Puna Pau volcano. This is the only moai that has eyes. The original eyes were white coral with obsidian pupils.

Tukuturi Moai.jpg Tukuturi Moai. This moai is located at Rano Raraku volcano quarry. This is the only sitting moai statue.

Last edited:

View attachment 790004 Moai located on hillside of Rano Raraku, which is where the quarry supplied the stone for the moais.

View attachment 790005 Ahu Huri A Urenga. This is a four-handed moai, the only one known on Easter Island. The symbolic meaning of the four hands is ubknown.

View attachment 790006 Ahu Ko Te Riko. This is the only ceremonial platform where you can see a complete moai. It is located near the town of Hanga Roa. The headpiece, a pukao, comes from Puna Pau volcano. This is the only moai that has eyes. The original eyes were white coral with obsidian pupils.

View attachment 790007 Tukuturi Moai. This moai is located at Rano Raraku volcano quarry. This is the only sitting moai statue.
Fantastic cards!

View attachment 790004 Moai located on hillside of Rano Raraku, which is where the quarry supplied the stone for the moais.

View attachment 790005 Ahu Huri A Urenga. This is a four-handed moai, the only one known on Easter Island. The symbolic meaning of the four hands is ubknown.

View attachment 790006 Ahu Ko Te Riko. This is the only ceremonial platform where you can see a complete moai. It is located near the town of Hanga Roa. The headpiece, a pukao, comes from Puna Pau volcano. This is the only moai that has eyes. The original eyes were white coral with obsidian pupils.

View attachment 790007 Tukuturi Moai. This moai is located at Rano Raraku volcano quarry. This is the only sitting moai statue.

Jo, your wonderful moai have arrived! Thanks for the detailed descriptions on the back of each card, as well as for including a host card!

Back
Top Bottom