February Bizarre Holidays, All Media Welcome! Due February 20

maryfreeman0622

Keeping the US Postal service in business
Media
Swap Due Date – February 20
Signup/withdraw date – any, please communicate with me!
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 12

Now that the chill of winter is really settling in, what better activity than to stay inside and celebrate some bizarre holidays? February is full of strange and virtually unknown holidays to celebrate – even if you DON’T count the one with the little winged dude with the arrows! Special thanks to Catb, SunTrade and Elephangaroo for the cards below which show some of the bizarre holidays of February!

Here is how we play:
ALL CARDS to be made ONLY from this site: http://library.thinkquest.org/2886/feb.htm
Choose up to 3 of the listed holidays to create your ATCs (standard 2.5” x 3.5”). They can be the same holiday, 3 different ones or can celebrate one of the special designations for the month of February. All mediums are welcome.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hands by February 20th. Each month’s cards will be due on the 20th of that month. This is an ongoing, monthly swap – you can plan ahead and play each month or just the months that interest you!

Postage:
American players - please include a stamp equivalent to your postage, usually a Forever stamp will cover it.
International players - a stamp (from your country) equal to the one you used to send your cards to me, OR US postage OR carefully concealed dollars. (Currently, it costs $1.10 for a 1 oz. envelope to be mailed from the US to an international location. I keep plenty of 5 cent and 10 cent stamps on hand if you want to just send the dollar.) Let me know if you need help with return postage - I love to have international players!

1. ALL players please include a LARGE address label (this means at least 2" x 2"); sticky on the back is a bonus!
2. I will provide the envelopes; there is no need for you to pay the postage to mail an envelope to me! Plus, sometimes I like to sneak in a little art on the outgoing envelope!
3. Do your best work – send in cards that you would be proud to trade face-to-face!
4. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards so you can receive fun rep points from the artist who receives your card.
5. Please mail early to allow time to reach me. US players - this is now a domestic mailing!
6. An extra card for the swap host (in line with the swap theme) is always appreciated but is never required.
7. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into standard pockets and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card may not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.
8. Have fun!! These swaps are addictive; soon you’ll want a full year’s worth of these bizarre holidays!
9. I will give iTrader feedback as soon as I receive your cards, and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return, I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback for me when you receive your swap returns, and “You Rock” Rep points for the artists whose cards you receive. Each player’s name on the swap listing will link to a post of theirs in order to assist you in leaving “You Rock” rep points. Neutral i-trader will be given for no cards or no communication.

0. maryfreeman0622
1. OldsLady1992 - withdrew
2. SunTrade - RECEIVED
3. CastleQueen5 - RECEIVED
4. Nonna - RECEIVED
5. plumhill2001 - RECEIVED

Last edited:
I am not inspired by the list. I do remember last year I got a great shopping card for return the shopping cart to the store day.

I am sure I will think of something so sign me up. This is really my favorite swap. ??? I guess. Yes, this is my favorite swap. Cant think of another that comes close.

I understand, CastleQueen - there are some months that are not as flashy as others! :biglaugh: This is an addictive swap, so glad to see you return!

I dont draw well enough so I am kinda limited to scrapbooking collage like themes. I think I can make a nice card with an old polar bear postage stamp. For
February 27 is . . . . International Polar Bear Day But I cant do all 4 like that cause I am pretty sure I dont have enough stamps. But I will come up with something. I was thinking of doing a grouch a favor but giving them a boot in the Butt.

I stayed up last night. I watched some BIG BANG THEORY on DVD. A lot, not just some, hours and hours. I pulled out my small drawer like cubby of saved cancelled postage stamps. I usually rip them of the envelope, so I trimmed them up while watching. I have envie of animals, one of people, one of flowers, one of land images, etc.

I didnt find any of those polar bear ones, But knowing me I have them somewhere just not in the postage stamp drawer.

Did you know that if you put a cancelled postage stamp in some water, it will fall off of the envelope? Doesn't damange the stamp at all and only takes a few minutes!

I stayed up last night. I watched some BIG BANG THEORY on DVD. A lot, not just some, hours and hours. I pulled out my small drawer like cubby of saved cancelled postage stamps. I usually rip them of the envelope, so I trimmed them up while watching. I have envie of animals, one of people, one of flowers, one of land images, etc.

I didnt find any of those polar bear ones, But knowing me I have them somewhere just not in the postage stamp drawer.

Sometimes I get into watching a series and I pull marathons!

I FOUND MY POLAR bear stamp! I found a bunch of stamps that were not in the postage stamps drawer as they should be. But I did get to sort the ones in the drawer.

So one card will be about Polar bear day. Yes, just one. I only have one stamp.

Back
Top Bottom