Gesso ATC-swap. Due June 6

Well, I'm fighting the new-to-gesso battle as well and nowhere near winning. I must have thought it would dry differently. Love that stamp idea though. Later I will post one for opinions and I REALLY want the help! LOL. You'll see.......

Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have one card done. Basically, I'm trying to use it to age and distress collage elements. Of course, all of this is made more challenging by the fact that my cat has decided to help in the studio. She only does that when she knows I'm using something that could get in her fur...paint, gel medium, gesso...all that is very appealing to her. :cat: If I were just doing a regular paper collage, she'd have no interest in that.

Alisl, here's where I'm headed. The gesso is on and around the numbers. Do these look ok for the swap? (Obviously, I need to make more, but I wanted to make sure I was at least sort of on track....)

yes in the info I have said: if there is gesso on your Atc:):)

maybe you can use a little bit more gesso( a tip if you are willing....:
maybe a light gesso on the flower or...maybe some gesso circles over the collage--that looks good)For circles you can use a litlle taperoller or your cap of a pen:))

Last edited:
Ok, I'd thought about smudging the borders some with it, too. Thanks for the input! I should have these done and in the mail next week.

Ahhh........another nice tip - around the edges. good sealer, too, that way. I'm going brave tomorrow: mixing with paint. Wish there was more time. Night, all

Gesso on Magazine cut outs

I have some other ATCs I made for another swap and I used Gesso on them. I mixed the Gesso with water - various amounts to make the Gesso more or less thinned out and some areas I accented with Distress markers. I think playing around with the Gesso is the best way to learn how different techniques work. I really loved the way the Gesso worked on the magazine cut-outs/pages and if you apply it and need to thin it out more you can just dip your brush in some more water and apply it directly on the card. If I can share anything please don't hesitate to ask. :rolleyes:

CynthiaSillitoe I love the ATCs you made - love the way you used the Gesso around and on the numbers - it really draws focus to them!

I've not tried coloring gesso - going to try that too I think.
have the next two days off - this day will be busy but will have more time tomorrow to play <G> nice cards ICraft.

Great cards arrived today.
The cards are from
CatB
and Cajunlady.
i like them verry much.
Read for more your iTrader:)

Back
Top Bottom