Ghosts Among Us, Due October 09, 2020

Here are a couple of photos I took at Sachs Bridge in Gettysburg on July 4, 2013, exactly 150 years to the day after the retreat of the Confederates. They crossed over it in defeat after they definitely and most assuredly lost the battle (I've read that a certain someone wants to re-write history to say the Rebs actually won it. No. Nope. The Rebs and Gen. Lee LOST that one, Don). A few of my own ancestors (well, brothers and cousins of my g-g-grandmother) were in it, fighting on the Confederate side and probably crossing over this very bridge as they retreated. It's notoriously haunted and I had my own tearful ghost experience here the night before I took the photos. There are photos of me on a cd somewhere showing the white smears around me that you see in ghost photos, but I'm not sure where they are and, surprisingly, I haven't downloaded them to my laptop. I had a long "conversation" with a spirit of a soldier there, just wish I'd had my recorder on to catch at least my part of it. He was not happy that I was married to a Yankee (my husband's family fought from Pennsylvania) so Alan stayed off the bridge while I talked. Then I moved down beside the bridge, closer to the water, and had another "conversation" with a soldier who died beside the river (as so many of the wounded soldiers did when they were left behind and the river rose when it started raining. They'd been drinking from the river and were too weak to move, thus drowning). I promised him that I would never forget him and that seemed to make him happy.

View attachment 217538 View attachment 217539

For me, I'm not sure whether "orbs" are ghosts or just dust. I think most often they really are dust. But I sure caught a lot coming from the bridge! Again, this was exactly 150 years to the day after the retreat of July 4, 1863.

The First Two...

My goal this year is to make one hundred Halloween cards... and trade or swap about half of them !?!?!?!

Here are my first two ghost cards:
1_small_410_eckhard_ghost.JPG

1_small_398_w_glo_copy.JPG

The second card has glow-in-the-dark paint. I plan to make more of these (I just LOVE glow-in-the-dark paint.) I've already traded three glowie cards. There WILL BE MORE....
1_small_398.JPG

GREAT ghosts received from JenUrebel, SpottedCrow, and RaineyDay.
Each card is more SPOOK-TACULAR than the previous card.
AWESOME art, artists!
Thanks to each of you for including a hostie card.

There is a full moon tomorrow night into Wednesday morning.
What a perfect time to create spooky ghosts.
I hope your Muse is with you.

Great ghosts received from Elliejaybird.
LOVE your Folklore text additions.
Where did you find your ghostly textbook?
Soooooo Cool!!!

Please sign me up. My grandmother would always tell us not to get up out of a rocking chair and leave it rocking. It would bring back luck. Today, I "googled" and found this out:

It’s bad luck to rock an empty rocking chair. To do so will bring death to your family. (She never mentioned this!!!)

The Irish have always believed that rocking an empty rocking chair welcomes evil spirits into the home. The spirits fill the empty seat that you’re rocking and fill the home with dark forces and bad luck.

Rocking an empty rocking chair will bring the spirits, but a rocking chair that moves by itself might already have a spirit in it.

So, this is what I'm working on!
Please PM your address -- I'll be mailing these out next week! Thanks so much

Welcome
I signed you up.
I also sent you my addy via PM.

The stories and legends around rocking chairs are numerous and varied.
I am looking forward to seeing what you are working on.

Last edited:
The Halloween Stuff is already out!!!!!!!

There was a news item a few days ago, that due to COID-19, candy venders thought trick or treating might be down, so they were sending their Halloween candy to grocery stores early.
But, yesterday, I found a bunch of stores with not only Halloween candy, but also HUGE Halloween displays of other items from nic-nacs to yard inflatables.
Some of the ghosts were wearing gauze face masks, which looked pretty funny.

GREAT ghosts received from Ancient Planter.
You have a real knack for doing ghosts!
Thanks so much for the hostie card.

All the smoke in the air from the fires has made the moon red and the nights spooky.
Good inspirations for ATCs!

Back
Top Bottom