Ghosts Among Us, Due October 11, 2022

The second one I got sketched, and painted this morning - The Ghost Light. Most theatres leave a ghost light on at night after everyone's gone home. There are a couple of reasons for this. If someone were actually still in the theatre alone, with lights out, it's pitch black and they could get injured, so a light left on stage helps. But it's also there to appease the theatre's ghosts, giving them a chance to perform in the spotlight once everyone's left, thus the "ghost" light. When the Covid lockdowns began and all theatres went dark, Broadway made sure to leave ghost lights on the whole time as a symbol that Broadway would be back. I like to think of the late, great Bob Fosse & Gwen Verdon dancing together once more on the stage in the glow of a ghost light.

View attachment 234772

You always have such GREAT stories.
Thank you for sharing.

The second one I got sketched, and painted this morning - The Ghost Light. Most theatres leave a ghost light on at night after everyone's gone home. There are a couple of reasons for this. If someone were actually still in the theatre alone, with lights out, it's pitch black and they could get injured, so a light left on stage helps. But it's also there to appease the theatre's ghosts, giving them a chance to perform in the spotlight once everyone's left, thus the "ghost" light. When the Covid lockdowns began and all theatres went dark, Broadway made sure to leave ghost lights on the whole time as a symbol that Broadway would be back. I like to think of the late, great Bob Fosse & Gwen Verdon dancing together once more on the stage in the glow of a ghost light.

View attachment 234772

That's REALLY interesting!!! And you card is fantastic: a really great idea and gorgeous hommage to fabulous artists!!!!

I had some time to work on my cards.
I chose to illustrate some Florida local ghostly stories.

IMG_4266.jpg

1. Robert the Doll - Key West, FL
2. The Drawdy-Rouse Cemetery - Orlando, FL
3. The Chuluota Lights - about a mile from my house, Chuluota, FL
4. The bloody bucket bridge - Wauchula, FL

Ghosts!

I would like to join, please.

Here are my ghost cards:

1_1528_anthonysmall.JPG
1_1529_baxter_candacesmall.JPG
1_1530_candacesmall.JPG
1_1531_dee_deedee_debsmall.JPG

Anthony, Baxter, Candace, Dee, Deedee, and Deb

I had fun playing with embossing powder.

Is your address still the same, Vicki????

LuAnnP, that’s a GREAT set! Baxter is my FAVE! And Anthony’s pretty swell, as well!

Last edited:
I had some time to work on my cards.
I chose to illustrate some Florida local ghostly stories.

View attachment 234782

1. Robert the Doll - Key West, FL
2. The Drawdy-Rouse Cemetery - Orlando, FL
3. The Chuluota Lights - about a mile from my house, Chuluota, FL
4. The bloody bucket bridge - Wauchula, FL

Really great local Ghosts!!!! I'm curious to know theyr stories! And great cards!!!!

Here are my ghost cards:

1_1528_anthonysmall.JPG
1_1529_baxter_candacesmall.JPG
1_1530_candacesmall.JPG
1_1531_dee_deedee_debsmall.JPG

Anthony, Baxter, Candace, Dee, Deedee, and Deb

These embossed ghosts are absolutly marveillous! LOVE the idea of the embossing powder!!!!

Welcome LuAnnP.
I signed you up.

Great Ghosts created with embossing powder.
The look wonderful......I need to try that.

Yes, my address is still the same.

Last edited:
My last two. I used to work in a supposedly haunted library, but never saw anything. It just felt really creepy in the basement. I think the most famous haunted library is the Willard Public Library in Evansville, IN. They even have ghost cams up that you can watch and keep an eye out for The Gray Lady! https://www.willardghost.com

View attachment 234796 - The Librarian

And you never know who walks beside you...

View attachment 234797

AWESOME cards, Ancient Planter.
LOVE them.

Interesting how you portrayed the Librarian with a bun on top of her head the way you did.
That is how I always picture Librarians, although none of the librarians I know wear their hair that way.

Thanks for posting such FAB inspiration.

AP, I love your ghost librarian!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom