Gorey’s Gashlycrumb Tinies Swap Hand-Drawn, Due July 15th, 2014

Kalycakes

ATC Guru
Media
Due Date: July 15th, 2014
Signup/Withdraw Date: No drop swap, once you sign you commit.
Number of Cards: 3:3,
Number of Participants: 16
Media: Hand Drawn Black ink
Gorey’s Gashlycrumb Tinies Swap

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs, B is for Basil Assaulted by bears…

Ever wonder how you would meet your ghastly end? Wonder no more! Welcome to the Edward Gorey Gashlycrumb Tiny Swap. Gorey’s 26 misfortunate tinies meet horrible ends in his macabre work, The GashlyCrumb Tinies aka After the Outing. It is a tiny swap with only twelve spots, get em while they’re hot! If you are not familiar with Gorey’s Grim Tinies you can check out a link here.

Basically how this swap works will be as followed. 3 Groups of four players, three cards each. Groups will fill up in order of sign up. You will state your first name and then your fellow group members will plan your demise ala Gorey. For example H is for Heather Hit by a Hammer. Or O is for Owen overcome by an Octopus. You will write this on the BACK of the card, not the front of the card. The front is for illustration only. This is an “in the style of” swap. Please make up your own illustrations and do not copy directly from Gorey’s. This cards should be in black and white only.

The outcome will be that each of you will receive a card with your demise on it from three different artists in the style of Edward Gorey.

Group 1

1.Heather (Kalycakes)
2. Anna (KosmicGirl)
3.Sarah (Penlowe)
4. Babsie (RockingbearRanch)

Group 2

5. Emily (unmutual)
6. Danielle (onyatola)
7. Jessi (spiderjessi)
8. Gwen (Gwenniejo)

Group 3

9. Amber (skullgirl)
10. Drew or Andrew (synjin)
11. Kristin (ladykristianna)
12. Carrie (poonwugget)

Group 4

13. Sarah (the muppet)
14. Holly (Kentuckydakota)
15. Danica (chicneek)
16. Josie (McGillisj)

The nitty Gritty… I may have highlighted some key points for some of ya!
Mailing & Postage:
• Canadian Participants: Please include a SASE with sufficient postage to mail back your returns
• US Participants: Please include a large address label with your address clearly & neatly written on it and $1 U.S.
• International Overseas Participants: I will cover your postage, just send address label!
• Be sure to give your cards enough time to travel and make it to me on time. It can take around 1 week from within the U.S. or 2 weeks internationally.
• A host card in the theme of the swap would be loved, adored, worshiped, venerated and cherished but of course is not required to participate and have fun.
• Late Cards will be returned
• No cards / no communication will get you a neutral itrader.

*****Don't forget to leave Rep points for the people who you receive cards from!! Part of the fun is finding out who got your cards. It's good karma, voodoo juju, and all that jazz!*****

Last edited:
Okay, here are my first two! I hope you ladies enjoy them.

B is for Babsie besieged by bees.
S is for Sarah skewered by sticks.

1_BisforBabsieandSisforsarah.jpg

Oh I love the Gashly Crumb Tinies and this is a GREAT idea! Please add me. My first name is Gwen or you can also use my full name: Gwendolynn if you prefer (I have no real preference).

Oh boy!

No, they definitely do not need to be alliterative, I just like the way it sounds personally on stand alone cards, but that's just my preference, yours need not follow :)

Kalycakes, me, me, me! Please, may I play? Andrew or Drew, whichever you choose to put down, though there seemed to be several A names already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom