GREEK MYTHOLOGY ATC Swap, Open media, Due August 23

Just glancing at our player list, it is great to see how many countries are represented in this swap - even Greece itself! How is everyone coming along with your cards? I still need to make a third, and am having a hard time narrowing down my choices!

CiCiCreates said:
How is everyone coming along with your cards.
I have two done...pretty sure i know what I'm doing for the next ones.

Guess I can post the first two:

View attachment 197283
The Nine Muses

View attachment 197284
The Horae (the Hours) or goddesses (little g) of the seasons.
Greeks only recognized three seasons.

I wanted to do different ones than the norm.

I can't believe you drew 9 figures - very ambitious! I also loved the goddesses of the seasons. Didn't realize they didn't recognize Winter - kind of like here in AZ (lol). Thanks for sharing!

Wow, SI!! I love your whole set! PMing my address now.

The rest of them...

Here are my last two cards:

View attachment 197331
The Judgement of Paris
The goddess Eris of Chaos was not invited to a wedding feast by the other Gods. To get even for this slight, she sent a golden apple engraved with the Greek word for To or For The Fairest. Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite got into a fight over who was the most beautiful. They went to Zeus for a judgement. He showed why he got to be the chief god and declined.

He suggested they ask Paris, a mortal who had just lost a bet with Ares and been very good about it. The three goddesses came and asked him to choose. They all three cheated, of course. Hera offered Kingships, Athena offered widsom/knowledge, Aphrodite offered for the most beautiful woman in the world to fall in love with him.

Being a growing young man, Paris chose Aphrodite. The Goddess failed to mention the most beautiful woman was already married. This is what supposedly started the Battle of Troy as Paris stole away Helen of Troy from her husband, the King.

View attachment 197332
Haphaestus (Vulcan)

Great cards, MisterLarsen! Love that you included the story for us. Wonderful depictions.
i will be watching for your cards, SI.

I have recently finished a book by Stephen Fry on the Greek gods, with modern commentary by him - very funny yet true to the tales. I loved the Greek and Roman myths when I was growing up and my cat was named Artemis, after the Goddess of the moon and hunting.
All of this means - sign me up, please.

Yellita96, your cards are here! And they are wonderful! Great art is coming in now, and you are all choosing different subjects - love it!

Yay! I forgot to take pictures of them, or I would've posted some pics of them. I'm glad they got there okay!!

Yellita96, I would be happy to post pictures of your cards if you like. I'm sure others would love to see them and be inspired.

Nothing in the mail today. I know several have been sent, so maybe tomorrow will bring some sets. DID YOU KNOW... The list of who's who in the 12 Olympian Gods and Goddesses can have a few name changes, depending on your source. There are two I know of that seem to interchange. If Hestia (Goddess of the Hearth) is not on the list, then she is often replaced by Dionysus (God of Wine). Besides the internet, of course, I do have a couple of books. My favorite happens to be about 50 years old, a falling apart paperback I bought in my late teens. I have been learning a lot from my players in this swap, you are all offering such varied images and stories.

Back
Top Bottom