HandDrawn/HPaint Biological Illustration-Animals, Birds, Fish and More! Due April 21

So I finished the four cards.. 3 for swap..one for host..

They are :
Lykoi Cat (werewolf looking cat breed)
White Honduran Bat (that huddle in the crease of a large leaf with others and look like cotton balls)
Fire Salamander (love these guys)
and Maned Wolf (Fox like tall wolf breed)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=401525
Enjoy!

Drake-you were mentioning the "rules" for the HP/HD cards. That really just means you can't use collage (cut and paste) or rubber stamps. You have to draw it with your own hands. You can paint any way you like. Not sure if you were really asking, but that's MY take on it. :)

I use reference photos all the time. Webster defines reference as the act of looking at something for information. The idea of referring to photo is not to copy it. If you copy the photo that is exactly what you have, a copy of a photo. I use reference photos to get proportions and anatomy correct. I don't copy reference photos. It is up to the artist to change things up and add his/her own style and interpretation to the piece of work. Doing this is what makes art art.

On a forum like this I don't think you need to be overly stressed about this. However, if you do plan to display your work outside of AFA and/or sell your work you definitely need to be concerned about and comply with copyright laws.

FYI, that particular article shouldn't be your go to reference on copyright law as it did in fact give inaccurate information.

Okay, that is my two cents worth. :)

Last edited:
That wasn't me asking about rules, plum, but thanks.

Mine are going in the mail tomorrow!! I cannot wait to see every one else's contributions, too.. great artists!!

In my HD/HP swaps you actually CAN cut and paste...but it all has to be your own drawn or painted bits. So you can draw a background, paint an animal, cut it out and paste it on your background. Just to confuse everyone thoroughly...LOL.

Back
Top Bottom