Is It Wednesday Yet? - The Addams Family & The Munsters Return! - Due October 19

jezebelle

presses ALL the buttons
Staff member
Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: October 19, 2022
Signup/Withdraw Date: none, if you need to drop out please communicate, and do so as soon as it is possible
(there are only 12 spots, someone may be hoping for an opening)
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 12 (my first swap) - swap is full, waiting list is open!
Medium: hand painted/hand drawn - mixed media elements are welcome, but they should not be the focus of the card

Is It Wednesday Yet?

‘The Addams Family’ and ‘The Munsters’ both arrived in American homes via television in 1964.
This fall, both will be making a return to our screens!

These creepy, kooky, fun and spooky families have been with us for generations.
- Charles Addams originated the cartoons in 1938, ‘The Addams Family’ first aired in 1964, they were animated for TV in the 70’s (even making an appearance on Scooby-Doo) and again in the 90’s, when there were also 3 films. 2009 saw the Addams Family in a staged musical for the first time , with various versions eventually hitting stages internationally and on Broadway. And most recently they were (re)animated for 2 more films.
- ‘The Munsters’ were found on TV, in comic books and in a Technicolor theatrical real ease during the 60’s. They returned in made-for-TV movies in the 70’s(animated), 80’s and 90’s. And 2012 gave us ‘Mockingbird Lane.’

Let your cards be inspired by the characters, cars, pets, homes, or storylines from any version of either family in their classic form. Or, recreate them in your own personal style. You can take them to the future or the past, Antarctica or even outer space. You can depict them as a cartoon in Tim Burton’s or Rob Zombie’s signature style. I’m wondering what Grandpa Munster looked like as a baby, how many kids does Pugsley have, do Lily and Morticia go to the same beauty parlor? Choose a family, choose an era, or mix it up.

And if you make a Wednesday card, and then you need to make another Wednesday card, and then you need to make all your cards Wednesday cards…. I totally understand, she has a special place in the dark corners of my heart too.

Cards must be:

- 2.5” x 3.5”, squared up, with straight sides
- sturdy, worthy of being described as a “card”
- HD/HP - mixed media elements are welcome, but should not be the focus of the card
- as flat as possible, for safe and economical mailing
- your best work - please send creative and conscientiously crafted cards, that required time and effort to make, cards that you would want to keep for yourself or be excited to receive
- labeled on the back, include your username and location - include other info as you wish
- sent in individual protective sleeves

Mailing:

- PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards
- US Participants: please include a self addressed envelope with a Forever Stamp
- International Participants: please send a Large clearly-addressed mailing label (I will provide your envelope) Also include one US Global Forever Stamp or a well hidden US $1.00 bill
- please allow plenty of mailing time! USA: 2 weeks recommended. OUT OF USA: 3-4 weeks recommended.
- late cards will be returned to sender, regardless of circumstance
- secure your cards using a tape with a light adhesive, like washi or painter’s tape. Do not use Scotch tape!
- where does your loyalty lie? When you send your cards, let me know. Your options are Addams, Munsters, either, or both. (no character specific requests) I will meet these requests IF the cards submitted allow me to do so.

Other stuff:

- please sign up by posting to this thread
- please share your finished cards in this thread and in the gallery and comment on those you like. process pics are welcome too!
- this is my first swap, an additional host card in the theme of the swap would be the best haunted housewarming gift ever, but is not required to play
- don’t forget to submit an iTrader for the host (me) if you are pleased with how I handled the swap. I’ve never done this before, so I welcome feedback in either the iTrader comments section or a PM
- please, please, please give rocks/reps to the artists who created your returns, and let them know which card you received
- failure to meet the deadline or any of the prescribed parameters will result in cards returned to sender

:eek: You rrrrang?

0. jezebelle - that’s me!
1. wildholly - received
2. Terri F - received
3. lunatenchi - received
4. Ancient Planter - received
5. LuAnnP - received
6. Cheezyblasters - received but pending
7. nanner - received
8. lazyshadows - received
9. …
10. BexMadeMe - received
11. CiCiCreates - received
12. dina54 - received

Waiting List

Last edited:
I would like to Lurch....haha...I mean Lurk for this one. Loved both shows when I was young.
I probably will eventually sign up.

both theme songs are in my head right now :)

• Staff
Please, Terri F, take a seat on the settee, Lurch as long as you like. I hope you will be drawn in.

Last edited:
CONGRATS on your first swap! What a neat theme, especially around Halloween. I am “Lurchimg” as well, for the moment.

• Staff
Thank you CiCi, I’m very excited about this milestone.
Welcome to the Lurcher’s settee, I hope you don’t get too comfortable.
;)

Glad to see you posting your first swap.
This is awesome.

Another lurker this "Wednesday".
Hope to be back with some cards. :unsure:

• Staff
Thank you Vicky Z.
Lurkers and Lurchers are welcome here.

I did not! These look super fun. Thank you for sharing CQ5!

I also remember Fred Gwynne as the judge in the movie “My Cousin Vinnie”. My hubby and I would always crack up at his baffled expression when Vinnie said “yoots” (meaning youths).

Wednesday Addams Collectible Trading Card, 1964

1_8C43B732-7DDB-4578-BD05-46804DD31D38.png

:eek: You rrrrang?

Welcome wildholly! I have added you to the swap.

Sounds really interesteng! I grow with Addams!
Would always love the idea of an home like theyr!!!!

But....
Lurch-ing for now...

Back
Top Bottom