Just Emboss It! - March 13, 2015

That is perfect timing Bishopsmate!

I'm pretty new to embossing so I'll take any opportunity to play. As soon as I put my iPad down I'll be getting started...working till the Super Bowl comes on. Woohoo!

Welcome Bishopsmate and ThouArtDelyrias! You both claimed the last two spots. I will start a waiting list incase anyone drops out then someone can take their spot.

Don't forget to post pics of your completed cards. This way everyone can see all the lovely cards and get some inspiration. ART ON!

Last edited:
Ok I'm done breathing embossing powder. I'm new to this medium and am trying to figure it all out. When using my heating tool, I placed the cards in a box with about three inch high sides. Still powder was going all over. Ugh! Am I the only one? It's worth it because I love the results. Here are my cards

Last edited:
Barkesm, you cards turned out awesome!

As for the powder blowing all over, I can think of 3 things.
1. You're using too much embossing powder
2. You didn't tap off the powder enough
3. Your heat gun is blowing too fast. I always keep my heat guns fan on low.
Also, what grain of powder were you using? I've noticed with really fine grain powder, it tends to blow everywhere easier. I hope this was helpful.

I'll be looking for your cards in the mail!

Barkesm, you cards turned out awesome!

As for the powder blowing all over, I can think of 3 things.
1. You're using too much embossing powder
2. You didn't tap off the powder enough
3. Your heat gun is blowing too fast. I always keep my heat guns fan on low.
Also, what grain of powder were you using? I've noticed with really fine grain powder, it tends to blow everywhere easier. I hope this was helpful.

katiea707 thank you for sharing. I'll pay more attention to how much I tap off the next time I bust them out. I'm using Stampendous embossing powder. It's super super super fine. My heat tool is Darice and only has an on and off switch, no other settings. Maybe my gun is too close? Is there another gun I should use? Thanks!:wubclub:

Hinkeltje and Janneke, this swap is full right now but I will put your names on the waiting list. Sorry!

Barkesm, I usually hold my gun about 6 to 7 inches. Its probably blowing everywhere because it's super fine.

I received happy mail today from Ancient Planter and BoozerBear.
Awesome cards and thanks for the hosties!

Hate to do it, but I shall withdraw now with plenty of time for the first person on the waitlist to snag my spot. I don't know what my problem is, but my muse is on strike. D:

No worries Marryth. I totally understand.

Hinkeltje, that means your in! I'll PM you and let you know.

Hi Ladies!
I just noticed that, for some reason, the due date got changed to March 6th when it should be March 13th. Sorry about that. Atleast now it will give you all some more time to work on your cards. ART ON!!

I created this one this morning :)
2_numbers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom