Macro Flower Photo Swap - due August 6, 2011

crisis averted - sorry to be so pessimistic yesterday. I like to know what I'm doing right away, and didn't stop to work it out in my head before I panicked. Picked up my prints, and am pretty sure I can make some ATCs from what I took!

This is what I consider macro, a pic of some little fungi on the ground, made for a previous swap.

1_DSC_0060.JPG

(Picture of dead skeleton Hydrangia flowers.)

That's an interesting shot Melanie!
Macro is different things to different people for sure.
I like to think of it as closing inon your subject and getting as close as you can. You often will not have the whole object - in our case the flower!
Gorgeous flowers lacemuse and Wenrl! Will let you know when they arrive!
So glad all is well Mem - it can be a challenge sometimes to try something different - got some great people here to help tho!
Just too give a heads up = Canada Post is threatening a strike - again! Don't know yet if they will or not! At least the due dat is August!

Here are some tips for people new to macro pics. Your digital camera probably has a Macro mode on it. I had to get my user guide out to find it. Use good lighting to avoid using the flash to get true colors. Without a Macro mode on your camera, you'll have to rely on the telephoto lense to zoom in as close as you can, but you'll need a tripod to avoid blurring.

I use Windows Photo Gallery (freeware version) as my default viewer for photos, because you can edit the pic as you view it - adjust contrast, color, & crop it there as well. With the Macro mode on my camera, though, I didn't even need to crop all my pics.

Last, I use IrfanView (freeware) to resize it to ATC size. I use IrfanView, because it lets you resize in inches without any distortion or worries about aspect ratios, & if your pic was macro'd well enough there's no need to crop - just re-size to 2.5"x3.5".

Here are links to the freeware:

IrfanView
Windows Photo Gallery

Last edited:
Blinking Harry Arlie! Do you know how many photographs I have that would cater to this swap?? LOL I guess you best put me in, and let me show you!

Everyone has such awesome photos. Too bad it's only a 3 for 3 swap. Maybe we can talk our hostess into giving us a 6 for 6 option. HINT HINT

Welcome ICraft and Mouseit! Glad to have you both join us!
Those are gorgeous flowers /cards TenderBlessings!

They are lovely Mem! As I said before - I want these to show the beauty of the flowers. Getting close to them is one of the ways. They seem fine to me.

I took 160 photos in the woods in southwestern NY state over the holiday weekend - many were blurry up close (still trying to figure out how the macro setting on my camera works!) but I think I got a few closeups that are tight enough shots that they should be ok to use :) Oh, the woods was lovely - columbines, and wild strawberries, and flowering mustard, and violets....

Since going digital I take literally hundreds of shots now of skies, flowers and rocks! Before I limited myself! Sounds like a lovely time Camilla! Can't wait to see your photos!

Back
Top Bottom