May PAT Swap Due July 5th 2014

jonquil

the Snarky Queen is Back!!!!!
Media
Due Date – July 5th, 2014
Sign up/withdraw – None, once signed up you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group 8 cards for 2 groups
Number of participants - 8 groups of 5 players

May Pick-A-Theme

To Play you must have:

~ an established positive iTrader rating of +15
~ no negatives within the last 6 months
~ no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months.
~ NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to answer them. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

Please, please, please DO NOT over-commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through will receive a negative iTrader from me and could receive a negative iTrader from each member of your group.

General Information:

~ This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign- ups will end when all spots are filled.
~ Pick a group, pick a theme. No more than 2 groups.
~ You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group
~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme
~ Receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group
~ Send cards you are proud of.
~ To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, No Bulky embellishments
~ Once you sign up with a theme you can’t withdraw, as some artist start their cards immediately
~ CARDS are to be in my hands on/before July 5th. I know life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out.

Card information:

~ All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. You could also cut up a 9 pocket plastic binder page into 3s. That works well for swaps. Even a sandwich bag is better than nothing.

~ Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card you make.

~ If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required.

~ A Hostess card is not required but always appreciated! (I especially like Kitties.)

Mailing Information: I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES!!!

Australian Players

Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with the same amount of postage it cost you to send them to me (or a label and loose stamps)

International Players (the majority I reckon!!!)

Please enclose an address label or your address clearly printed on a label/piece of paper. I will provide the envelopes as Australia Post is quite picky!!It now cost me $2.60 to send any returns OS so a dollar or two would be greatly appreciated but don't let lack of dollars stop you from playing. I also have a PayPal account if you prefer. PM me for my email.

Pick-A-Theme Examples

~ Easy/Regular – Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. or less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. Examples of regular themes include: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc.

~ Challenging –Themes that usually require research and reference. Examples are characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members

Here are the groups (subject to change, depending on the interest).

Group 1 Hand-drawn/ Hand-painted EASY/ REGULAR themes - FULL

1. Coyote - her dog Fitzgerald http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=410330
2. KatieV - Hedgehog
3. Bijaydi - "person/animal/object smoking a cigarette
4. Noodlerabbit88 - rainbow Minion (can be a rainbow background if preferred)
5. debs913 - My Dog Dare http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=391081
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=385390

Group 2 Hand-drawn/ Hand-painted EASY/ REGULAR themes - FULL

1. angelmuz - "Alice in Wonderland in the flower garden"
2. purplecat - cats in dresses
3. Noodlerabbit88 - Cute rainbow dinosaur (can be a rainbow background if preferred)
4. Fandanie - black and red daschunds
5. Bubblecup - pears

Group 3 Hand-drawn/ Hand-painted CHALLENGING themes

1. angelmuz - A character (or characters) from any of the seven books of the Narnia Chronicles by CS Lewis - BUT NOT Aslan, the white witch or the children as the primary focus! (I already have lots in my collection and I would love some different ones to add to it)
2. Bubblecup - any wizard of oz companion (lion, scarecrow, or tinman)
3. hippie_vampire - any Les Misérables character (as long as I don't end up with JUST Cosette cards lol)
4. Miss M - musical animals (any animal playing an instrument, animals in a band/quartet/ensemble etc...and if you could pick one other than the chipmunk playing the trumpet that would be preferred! LOL)

Group 4 Collage/ Mixed Media EASY/ REGULAR themes - FULL

1. Karr3ll - steampunk
2. catb - Oriental
3. Fran - horses
4. robcrusade - anything musical. i.e.- notes, instruments, whatever.
5. prayer_at_night - Cats with wings

Group 5 Collage/ Mixed Media EASY/ REGULAR themes - FULL

1. Allegrae - Coca-Cola
2. Marryth - 'birds & trees' - a bird IN a tree, a bird AND a tree, however the artist wants to make it work
3. ferretgirl - alligator done Zetti style
4. Beverley - Historical Events
5. Sarnie - Queens

Group 6 Collage/ Mixed Media CHALLENGING themes - FULL

1. Allegrae - Nancy Drew (3 of hearts for CastleQueen5)
2. kiwicsi - Hunger Games on an APC (any character except Katniss) - please pm for suit and number (4 of hearts for CastleQueen5)
3. Pikkis - any Classic Hollywood Movie Star on an APC! PM for the suit and number (5 of hearts for CastleQueen5)
4. arcana - vintage Alice in Wondreland on an APC. PM for suit and number (6 of hearts for CastleQueen5)
5. CastleQueen5 - My theme will be JOHN Cusack APC Hearts suit, NOTHING Scary! , I still need 3, 4 5, 6, So player one, do the 3 and player 2 the 4, etc. I can work with you if you need another number in the hearts set.

Group 7 Artist's Choice Media EASY/ REGULAR themes - FULL

1. Marryth - 'outer space' (stars, planets, etc)
2. purplecat - puffins
3. Elena - ATC with text
4. jonquil - ginger kitty
5. Fandanie - black and red daschunds

Group 8 Artist's Choice Media CHALLENGING themes - FULL

1. kiwicsi - Doctor Who on an APC (any character except the Doctor) - please pm for suit and number
2. esaeta - Sherlock Holmes (Cumberbatch, Miller or Downey)
3. robcrusade - Let's keep it British!! Derren Brown. Could be him...Could be logos from some of his shows, a reference to a trick..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derren_Brown feel free to PM for more details/suggestions etc
4. Fran - "Avatar", the movie. Anything pertaining to the visuals or characters from the movie, except for the bad guys.
5. Art Adventurer - "Charmed" the TV show (any of the four sister witches, or other characters, or scenes from the show itself-action scenes would be especially awesome, such as Piper about to blow up a bad guy with her powers.)

Last edited:
I would love to do one of the REGULAR Hand Drawn/Hand Painted groups. My theme is my dog Fitzgerald. Pictures in my gallery.

can i have group two "Alice in Wonderland in the flower garden and group three as A character(or characters) from any of the seven books of the Narnia Chronicles by CS. Lewis with the exception of Aslan, the white witch and the children. In other words, no aslan, witch or children as the primary focus of the cards... I have alot of those in my collection and there are so many other characters in the books! Does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom