NancyL

plays with color and texture
Friend of AFA
Media
Mix & Match:Altered Photo Swap, due November 26th
Number of cards: 3/3 or 6/6
Number of players: 30

Take parts of at least 2 photos and combine to make a new picture. You may
further alter your ATC composition if you wish.

Possibilities are endless---create a new animal...put photographed items in windows...cut out windows in a vehicle and add new passengers...rearrange body parts....

Your photo cards should be backed with cardstock or something similar in sturdiness.

Cards should come in sleeves. On the back, remember to put your name, user name, swap name and date.

All cards should be different.

You should be able to feel where the photo parts were added or deleted.

US players: send along a self-addressed stamped envelope.

International players: send along a self-addressed envelope and $1. If you are unable to send the US dollar, don't worry and I will cover postage.

Not required but greatly appreciated is a host card, cancelled stamps (not liberty bells or flags), or a postcard.

Who is ready to mix and match some photos?
1. theweavershand
2. me
3. JBunny
4. rockinrobin
5. weditt
6. Monica
7. Missmaximus
8. lafaver55
9. achollen
10. Art By Camilla

Last edited:
I will post examples eventually. My computer expertise (and courage) limits me in how much technical stuff I want to do in a day! I'm happy today just to get this posted.

Could you clarify - these edited photo's, is that digital editing, hand editing?
If digital do you wanted it printed as one layer or collaged from different photo's?

I'm creating some digital cards at the moment and I'm printing different layers onto transparancies and then laminating them so I may have my ideas stuck about what you want.
It does sound interesting so if I get this tom of cards out of the way this weekend and you still have slots I'd like to play. Just so long as I know what is expected.

I'm expecting hand-editing....you know with scissors or an exacto.

some day I might host a digital editing swap.But this is not it.

It should literally be cut and pasted. I'm doing this swap with hand editing because it will be more attractive to a larger variety of people. It will work for all of us people who can't yet join photos digitally as well as those who usually do it digitally. A digitally edited photo only works for those who know how to do it. (I still am in the category of those who haven't gotten around to learning to digitally alter, join etc.)

Your materials for this swap will be at least 2 photos, scissors or exacto knife, glue or some adhesive and backing for your finished card. You may want to alter further using markers, pens, paint.....an interesting background.....

Yay! I am just now toying with photo altering so I am absothrilled to ask to be included!
Amy

I sent my mailing address. You are always welcome to post your cards on the thread.

Cool!

I'm learning to use Elements 8 and this would be challenging and a lots of fun. Can I join?

Looking forward to seeing them. I really like altering photos like this...taking pieces of different ones and putting them together.

Back
Top Bottom