My Daguerrotype Boyfriend, collage media, due Thursday, Dec. 12, 2019

Mine will go in the mail tomorrow. I was inspired by the way amyfaerie and mcgillisj used so many extra bits and bobs with their frames. Hope these are OK:

db.jpg

Just finished mine. Three of the four gentlemen on my cards are actually ancestors of mine. unfortunately they are among my unidentified collection so I know what part of the family they are from but not their individual names.

i'll have these in the mail on Monday.

Attachments

• MyDaguerrotypeBoyfriend1.jpg
    MyDaguerrotypeBoyfriend1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 11
I chose a few men yesterday to audition for my boyfriend. Today I will be making frames. I want to add some do dads, like some of the players did. We will see what happens. But I should be mailing soon.

Hahaha! Love it! Can't wait to see who made the cut!

Just finished mine. Three of the four gentlemen on my cards are actually ancestors of mine. unfortunately they are among my unidentified collection so I know what part of the family they are from but not their individual names.

i'll have these in the mail on Monday.

Such wonderful gentlemen, theweavershand! The ladies will be fighting over these gents. :)

I just found an AWESOME book tonight at a thrift store called "The Dog Album" by Gary E. Eichhorn and Scott B. Jones. The book is chock full of vintage photographs of men, women and children with their beloved dogs. The majority of images are from the 1800s, early 1900s and are so inspiring! There are daguerreotypes, tintypes, cartes-de-visite, cabinet cards, stereographs and photographic postcards. I am in vintage HEAVEN!!!!! Can't WAIT to use these images in my art!

I just found an AWESOME book tonight at a thrift store called "The Dog Album" by Gary E. Eichhorn and Scott B. Jones. The book is chock full of vintage photographs of men, women and children with their beloved dogs. The majority of images are from the 1800s, early 1900s and are so inspiring! There are daguerreotypes, tintypes, cartes-de-visite, cabinet cards, stereographs and photographic postcards. I am in vintage HEAVEN!!!!! Can't WAIT to use these images in my art!

What luck! You never know what you'll find while thrifting! :)

That book sounds awesome, my library doesnt have it but amazon does.

Wow. The time has snuck up on me! We have just a week and a half to go before our deadline. If you haven't already done so, please get your boyfriends in the mail! :)

Back
Top Bottom