NATIONAL BIRDS: A HandDrawn/Hand Painted ATC Swap due May 25th

I received some amazing cards today! You outdid yourself, Colorfly. I love the instructions and the print. Thank you! Thank you so much to my wonderful artists too: jo.on.the.go (Andean Cock-of-the-Rock #4), nanette653 (Common Loon), and judoza (Gyrfalcon 1/4)!!

Great swap, Lauri. And thanks to these wonderful artists whose cards I received:
wen nine, LilacDragon and nettlefly. What a treasure!

My gorgeous cards arrived today. Thanks to Blessed by Art, quoting mungo and nettlefly, and thanks to ColorFly for the Toucan print and for being a great host. Impressive artwork by everyone!
I couldn't do the 'you rock' thing for Blessed by Art, possibly because I've done it recently in another swap? I'll keep trying though :-)

Glad you enjoyed the swap!

You will be able to give rep points (you rock) later on today; I'm not sure how long you have to wait.

I think you have to rep a certain number of other people before you can rep the same person again. I have that happen a lot. I'll go into a thread give you rocks to the artists that post pics of their cards, then go back and leave a you rock for my artist before I forget. I think the timing thing is with itraders. I like to leave random you rocks all over the site anyway when I think about it, so sometimes I run into a problem where I've left rep to that person's post already and that will trip me up.

Did any of that make sense? :)

I asked Carole Cadek about Rep Points, and what the rule is; here is what she said:

"After you Rep some one you have to leave Reps for 8 more members before you can Rep the same person again.
Players can also post a visitors message on their fellow players Profile Page, if they can't leave a Rep. This way the player still finds out who received their card."

I didn't know all that!

I wish icould have entered this one, but it came at the wrong time for me. Great birds everyone!

Did you know utah's state bird is the Californian gull? Weird, eh?

I didn't know that! Pretty funny.

I'm planning on hosting a State/Provincial Bird swap as one of my next swaps. Does New Zealand have official birds for each province?

Umm, ColorFly, we're way too tiny for an official bird for each area! Unofficially there are regions known for specific birds. Unfortunately some are because they're endangered and are being protected to try and boost populations.

Hi judoza; I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll let you know when I host that swap, and you can decide if it will work out for you.

wen nine: I had the idea for a State Bird swap, and then I thought I'd try to include any other countries that had official birds for their smaller regions. Too bad New Zealand doesn't have that, there are so many awesome birds from there!

Back
Top Bottom